PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Apparel

kruzer31
04-15-2005, 11:43 PM
There is a Frank Thomas college Auburn Jersey on ebay now with the number 79. Does anyone know if this is the number he wore while playing baseball there? Just seems weird, I never heard of him wearing that number.
Also, at the exibition games in Milwaukee I was sitting along the right field line about five rows up close the the third base line. I saw 2 sox fans, one guy, and one girl. Both had on sox hats with the "C" script logo that looks like and "e" from 1987. They were like the hat styles that have the 1983 sox man batting logo on the front and the year 1983 engraved on the back of the hat. I have looked every where and cant find. I looked on ebay, lids, and grandstand. Any help on those 2 different hats from 1987-1991 will help me. Thanks sox fans

Jeff

jabrch
04-16-2005, 03:08 AM
There is a Frank Thomas college Auburn Jersey on ebay now with the number 79. Does anyone know if this is the number he wore while playing baseball there? Just seems weird, I never heard of him wearing that number.
Also, at the exibition games in Milwaukee I was sitting along the right field line about five rows up close the the third base line. I saw 2 sox fans, one guy, and one girl. Both had on sox hats with the "C" script logo that looks like and "e" from 1987. They were like the hat styles that have the 1983 sox man batting logo on the front and the year 1983 engraved on the back of the hat. I have looked every where and cant find. I looked on ebay, lids, and grandstand. Any help on those 2 different hats from 1987-1991 will help me. Thanks sox fans

Jeff

DON'T YOU DARE OUTBID ME!

zach074
04-16-2005, 08:20 AM
There is a Frank Thomas college Auburn Jersey on ebay now with the number 79.

OOH I want one! Its nice to be a medium!:bandance: Too bad i can't even afford $25.

soxphan7
04-16-2005, 06:15 PM
I got one of the "c" script hats about a year ago and i have yet to see another one like it so i am a little hesitent about giving out my secret info. But i am in a good mood after that Buehrle gem so distantreplays.com has almost every hat ever made for about 25 bucks. I am still searching for the matching Guillen jersey. If anyone ever sees one let me know!

distantreplays.com (http://distantreplays.com)

jake27
04-16-2005, 09:52 PM
grandstand also has the "c" hat at the store and on their website, ive been planning on getting one myself

Ron Karkovice
04-17-2005, 02:40 AM
Frank did wear number 79 for Auburn Football. The only reason I know that is because ESPN magazine a couple issues ago had a small pick of him with the jersey because they had a small section on current ballplayers who once played football

kruzer31
04-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Frank did wear number 79 for Auburn Football. The only reason I know that is because ESPN magazine a couple issues ago had a small pick of him with the jersey because they had a small section on current ballplayers who once played football

Do we know if he wore 79 for baseball as well?

Jeff

cubsuck
04-17-2005, 01:09 PM
I just did a search online and there are a few RC cards out there of FRANK, and he's definately wearin' #79 on his baseball jersey!

Get that jersey now - it's pretty sweet!!!

VivaOzzie
04-18-2005, 02:22 AM
I got one of the "c" script hats about a year ago and i have yet to see another one like it so i am a little hesitent about giving out my secret info. But i am in a good mood after that Buehrle gem so distantreplays.com has almost every hat ever made for about 25 bucks. I am still searching for the matching Guillen jersey. If anyone ever sees one let me know!

distantreplays.com (http://distantreplays.com/)

Thanks, youre the man! :gulp:

Prepare to buy stock in Distant Replays...Im about to go on an internet shopping spree! So much cool stuff...:bandance:

skottyj242
04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
It says on that website that the hat in question in know by southsiders as the Campbells soup hat. I have never heard of that, and I own the hat. Has anyone else ever heard that?