PDA

View Full Version : Official "I have no sense of perspective" thread

ChiSox7
04-15-2005, 07:35 PM
The latest report by Will Carroll was extremely pessimistic and it sounds like Frank's latest development is a very negative one:
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=3943

Before we attack the last line and call Will a pariah, realize that Will probably has information that we don't have.

He also said that his "sources" said the ChiSox were rushing Burly back from his ankle injury and it could be much more serious than anyone thought. This was about a week after it all went down. He was dead on with that prediction wasn't he.

Maybe it'll take Frank til June to get back, but I just don't understand this Frank to retire talk. Nobody has said anything about it, and I seriously doubt Will Carroll is the only one with sources close to Frank.

And he says he will have to wait "awhile" to start working again, when the last real published report said he could start going full out as early as tomorrow to break up that scar tissue with no pain.

Meanwhile, Terry Tiffee has yet another basehit and 2 more RBIs. It might not matter when or if Frank comes back. THe Twins are just unreal if they get good hitting like this.

ChiSox7
04-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Much more troubling is how well the Twins are hitting the ball this season. If they hit well with that rotation, and especially that bullpen, it might not matter what we do.

MRKARNO
04-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Much more troubling is how well the Twins are hitting the ball this season.

They haven't been hitting that well, though they're definitely above league average. Their 47 runs is tied for 11th in the majors, while the White Sox aren't all that far behind at 21 with 38 runs.

ChiSox7
04-15-2005, 07:43 PM
They haven't been hitting that well, though they're definitely above league average. Their 47 runs is tied for 11th in the majors, while the White Sox aren't all that far behind at 21 with 38 runs.

Yah, but if they hit above average then they are waaaaaaay ahead of the curve. They were 10th in the AL in runs scored last year. If they finish over the midpoint, with what will very likely be the best pitching staff in the AL again, they could be pretty dominating.

Or maybe I'm just pissed off and frustrated with the fact that they are about to win 5 in a row.

Unregistered
04-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Yah, but if they hit above average then they are waaaaaaay ahead of the curve. They were 10th in the AL in runs scored last year. If they finish over the midpoint, with what will very likely be the best pitching staff in the AL again, they could be pretty dominating.

Or maybe I'm just pissed off and frustrated with the fact that they are about to win 5 in a row.The best pitching staff in the AL? You're out of your damn mind.

Santana is the only good starter they have. Radke has his moments, but he'll probably get rocked on a consistant basis. As for the rest? Pthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

ChiSox7
04-15-2005, 07:48 PM
The best pitching staff in the AL? You're out of your damn mind.

Santana is the only good starter they have. Radke has his moments, but he'll probably get rocked on a consistant basis. As for the rest? Pthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

It's the same staff that had the best ERA in the league by .14 last season, with the addition of Joe Mays. What makes you think they can't do it again.

Unregistered
04-15-2005, 07:59 PM
It's the same staff that had the best ERA in the league by .14 last season, with the addition of Joe Mays. What makes you think they can't do it again.This is also the same staff that lost Carlos Silva to injury. So you've basically replaced Silva with Mays. Not to mention the mystery #5 they have (Mulholland, et al).

ChiSox7
04-15-2005, 08:03 PM
This is also the same staff that lost Carlos Silva to injury. So you've basically replaced Silva with Mays. Not to mention the mystery #5 they have (Mulholland, et al).

Silva is now Scheduled to pitch next Friday. Apparently his injury was much-ado about nothin. So Glassner, their 5th starter, will only have to make one start.

santo=dorf
04-15-2005, 08:06 PM
It's the same staff that had the best ERA in the league by .14 last season, with the addition of Joe Mays. What makes you think they can't do it again.

How much of that ERA was due to the CY young winner and the best bullpen in the AL? :?:

ChiSox7
04-15-2005, 08:10 PM
How much of that ERA was due to the CY young winner and the best bullpen in the AL? :?:

Quite a bit. BUt that's the point isn't it. If they hit above average, and have an awesome, almost unhittable bullpen, plus the Cy Young, they are going to be tough to beat. Radke and Silva probably won't be as good, but they aren't bad either by any means, and Mays is better than Lohse at 4 and Lohse is bettr than any of their number 5s at 5.

Will their ERA go up a little. I'd guess yes, but I doubt it's all that much.

santo=dorf
04-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Quite a bit. BUt that's the point isn't it.
No it isn't.

Radke is off to a bad start, Silva is hurt and opponents batted well over .300 against him last season, Lohse is just as bad, maybe worse than Garland, and Mays only pitches well against us.

Their starting pitching has to be more consistent if they wish to take off and run away with the division again this year.

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 09:04 PM
:threadsucks

hawkjt
04-16-2005, 01:15 PM
The ultimate small ball team last nite against the Indians. 3 lousy stinking singles and some walks translate into 3 runs and a another win for Santana. I guess clutch hitting makes up for lack of hitting. Hisses me off.

DumpJerry
04-16-2005, 01:17 PM
At least we won't get Santana on Monday and Tuesday this week, the last time we see these guys until August! We have the Cubans going up against them Mon and Tues.

AntoneSmith2
04-16-2005, 01:17 PM
I can not stand that team. :cuss:

Lip Man 1
04-16-2005, 01:52 PM
And that friends and neighbors is why they have won three straight divisional titles.

What was that about the 'downfall' of the Twins because of no Guzman and no Koskie?

They'll be there until the end of the season. Deal with it and hope for the best for the Sox.

Lip

Cowch44
04-16-2005, 01:57 PM
At least we won't get Santana on Monday and Tuesday this week, the last time we see these guys until August! We have the Cubans going up against them Mon and Tues.

We really don't see them until then?:o: Jeez, I guess we'll have to rely on other teams beating them.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2005, 02:47 PM
For the love of God...

We're playing our eleventh game of the season this afternoon. There are 151 more games to be played!

Stop running from your own shadow and start focusing on the Sox winning their own games. The Twins aren't our problem.

Sheesh...