PDA

View Full Version : Mags out 4-6 weeks

kingpin_rcs
04-15-2005, 05:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-tigers-ordonez-surgery&prov=ap&type=lgns

It's a hernia of all things. I hate to see anybody get hurt but, now that he is on a "contending" team in our division you have to smile at least a little bit.

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 05:50 PM
I would imagine that KW has to be at least sligtly amused by this, given all the crap he's taken for letting Maggs walk.

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
I wonder what OurBitchinMinny thinks about this development. I'll have to ask him... oh wait! :D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
What a shame. Now his homecoming to the Cell will be delayed quite a bit..

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Mark my words, Frank Thomas will play in more games than Magglio Ordonez this season.

:maggs

"I will take your money, and you will like it."

Unregistered
04-15-2005, 05:54 PM
GAMES PLAYED
Magglio Ordonez: 3
Frank Thomas: 0

HITS
Magglio Ordonez: 0

Spicoli
04-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Is this White Sox news and, hence, does it belong here? We'll all get hernias too if we keep carrying around Maggs on our back. He is gone, and our team is rocking! If anything, this helps the Sox in that Detroit's awesome offense took a big hit.

SoxFan76
04-15-2005, 05:57 PM
How long until this thread is moved.

Kadafi311
04-15-2005, 06:15 PM
GAMES PLAYED
Magglio Ordonez: 3

HITS
Magglio Ordonez: 0

Now there's a race to keep an eye on :D:

My money's on Hurt.

jabrch
04-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I don't wish any ills on my fellow man.

But the fact that GreedyO is going to miss 4-6 weeks doesn't bother me much. I wish him nothing but the best - but I am damn glad KW didn't give him the kind of money that Illitch gave him...knee, hernia, virus or whatever.

Unregistered
04-15-2005, 06:16 PM

My money's on Hurt.Yeah, I think I'll keep that watch on for a while...

MRKARNO
04-15-2005, 06:26 PM

My money's on Hurt.

The latest report by Will Carroll was extremely pessimistic and it sounds like Frank's latest development is a very negative one:
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=3943

The latest setback for Frank Thomas (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/thomafr04.php) has some in the Sox organization wondering if this once-feared hitter will make it back at all. His ankle was swelling under the workload of rehab, a process described as "not overly physical" by one source. The cortisone injection will back him off for a while, giving him time to think about whether he wants to wait until the end of the season to retire, as has often been rumored.

Before we attack the last line and call Will a pariah, realize that Will probably has information that we don't have.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Before we attack the last line and call Will a pariah, realize that Will probably has information that we don't have.

Really? Information from where, the inner reaches of his rectum?

I wish I had a dollar for every wrong prediction delivered to the propeller heads subscribed at Baseball Prospeculator.

:cool:

MRKARNO
04-15-2005, 06:47 PM

Well he's relaitvely well connected in the baseball medical community and I wouldnt lump him in so readily with the others at BP. He doesnt write about performance analysis, except in the context of injuries, as he really only focuses on the injury aspect. I understand your personal opposition to the website, but Carroll isn't the typical BP "stathead," as he doesn't even deal with that. Heck, I don't even think he shares an office with any of them.

jabrch
04-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Every time Carroll tries to come up with a "scoop" it seems like he is dead wrong. His blog is nearly worthless unless you like reading statheads groveling to Carroll' and the Neyer/James crowd.

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 08:16 PM

I wish I had a dollar for every wrong prediction delivered to the propeller heads subscribed at Baseball Prospeculator.

:cool:

Agreed. Until I hear anything from Frank Thomas himself, which so far I haven't, then I'll listen. Most of what's been written about Frank's injury is speculation. The bull**** that Scott Merkin keeps putting up at whitesox.com is just one example of the garbage that's been floating around. The only parties who really know what's going on right are the Sox medical staff and Frank. Nobody else knows anything, and I don't see that changing. Frank himself said that he doesn't want to reveal too much about how his rehab is progressing because he doesn't people to worry about him.

Media people are paid to write stories and meet deadlines. The last time I checked, an extremely small amount of intelligence was needed to accomplish those things. Most people can type on a keyboard without even thinking about it. Keep that in mind before freaking out over something some idiot with a word processor program pulled out of his ass.

bafiarocks03
04-15-2005, 10:10 PM
What a shame. Now his homecoming to the Cell will be delayed quite a bit..

I know, cuz I'm planning on going to the game on May 1st, against the Tigers, and i wanted to hold up my We Miss you Maggs sign i made last year when he was out! :(:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-15-2005, 10:13 PM
I know, cuz I'm planning on going to the game on May 1st, against the Tigers, and i wanted to hold up my We Miss you Maggs sign i made last year when he was out! :(:

Here's a tissue. Now blow.

:rolleyes:

spawn
04-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Tiger fans are not very happy with the signing now...

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26609

I love this post:
What a joke this season has been so far.

Well, so far, every national pundit has been right about that Magglio deal. Damaged goods. The White Sox are laughing pretty hard right now.

Hernia? Diverticulitis? What the hell else will go wrong? You can bet that the only thing that WON'T be hurt is his knee! So then he won't play and we'll still be on the hook for his whole Godforsaken contract.

How long have we been saying that? I thought about saying 'I told you so', but decided it's not really worth it. The Sox haven't won anything yet, so why gloat?:D:

Nellie_Fox
04-15-2005, 10:55 PM
I know, cuz I'm planning on going to the game on May 1st, against the Tigers, and i wanted to hold up my We Miss you Maggs sign i made last year when he was out! :(:Who's we?

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Somewhere in Arizona...

:reinsy

"Neener, neener, neener! Neener, neener, neener!"

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Who's we?

I wondered about that, too. Oh, wait! He must be talking about OurBitchinMinny.

gobears1987
04-15-2005, 11:03 PM

I don't miss that greedy sack of crap in Detroit. I'm glad he's injured. Take that for trying to rob the White Sox just like he robbed the TIgers. I care for Maggs' well being about as equally as I care for Castro's health.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-15-2005, 11:10 PM
I just saw recent footage of Magg$ on Comcast...he's a twig! Which of the folowing is more likely true:

1) Injury rehab took its toll

2) There's some truth to this "illness" business

3) Maggs was juicing, and will join Bonds, Sosa, and Giambi on the list of "mysteriously shrinking men"

Viva Medias B's
04-15-2005, 11:24 PM
At the game tonight, I was told by a USCF employee that the hernia is not Maggs' issue but the knee. Granted, that info may be as genuine as ChiSoxTony's airport sightings (which it probalby is), but it was a word spreading in corners of the ballpark tonight.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-15-2005, 11:34 PM
^^^ I think that's what you'll hear from nearly everyone in the entire MLB with the exception of Borass, Maggs, and the idiots that signed him.

shoota
04-15-2005, 11:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-tigers-ordonez-surgery&prov=ap&type=lgns

It's a hernia of all things. I hate to see anybody get hurt but, now that he is on a "contending" team in our division you have to smile at least a little bit.

These responses are a riot: Maggs's explosive diarrhea from the intestinal infection caused the hernia. Great.

Ooooo E ooooo noooo Magglio. http://www.motownsports.com/forums/images/smilies/depressed.gif

:D:

voodoochile
04-16-2005, 10:38 AM

Take the sign with you anyway, I am sure you will be very popular in your section...

:maggs
"Well... see... I was trying to avoid putting a lot of stress on my knee - and if your knee felt like mine does, you would too - I just lifted the coffee mug wrong and "blammo" my gut came apart at the seams. Next time, I'll be more careful with heavy objects like that and make sure to wear the knee brace that I am supposed to be using for strenuous activities like walking to the garage to get in the car to go see my orthopedist. Good thing we bought the PT cruiser, climbing in and out of my H2 was just too difficult. I mean I probably would have gotten this hernia months ago doing that if I hadn't traded it in. Oh well... back to the important stuff... Anyone got a 5 letter word for liar? I've got an F and an R to lead it off and it ends in D..."

TheBull19
04-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Who's we?

"The royal we, man, you know, in the editorial..."

TheBull19
04-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Tiger fans are not very happy with the signing now...

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26609

That's quite a turn-around from when I registered there as 'theRealPudge72' this winter. They're pretty cool, there, though - I argued with them and no one got PO'd, even when I argued I'd rather have Hermanson than anyone in their starting rotation.

row18
04-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Just an observation, on the Tigers' website they placed a picture of Maggs shattering his bat! LOL is that his "highlight" for the Tigers? I am guessing it's symbolism for his tenure in Detroit.

Infallible
04-16-2005, 12:01 PM
I didn't know hernia's happened in the knee.......

spongyfungy
04-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I was looking up White Sox on google news and this popped up

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/11407210.htm

Hernia KOs White Sox's Ordonez

gj editor!

wassagstdu
04-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Wonder how many years he's known about that hernia. If the Sox have any other Boras clients they should dump them just as soon as they are hitting enough to have trade value.

spawn
04-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Wonder how many years he's known about that hernia. If the Sox have any other Boras clients they should dump them just as soon as they are hitting enough to have trade value.
We do have another Boras client:

:crede

bafiarocks03
04-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Who's we?

*we* as in me and my sister!

depy48
04-16-2005, 03:15 PM

isnt uribe a boras client too?

Lip Man 1
04-16-2005, 04:25 PM
The only Scott Boras client on the roster is Joe crede. Uribe switched agents right before he signed his new deal in November. (I guess he saw the writing on the wall...)

Lip

RKMeibalane
04-16-2005, 04:29 PM
The only Scott Boras client on the roster is Joe crede. Uribe switched agents right before he signed his new deal in November. (I guess he saw the writing on the wall...)

Lip

I wonder what kind of money Crede is going to ask for when his contract expires.

Unregistered
04-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I wonder what kind of money Crede is going to ask for when his contract expires.Hopefully more than the Sox care to pay. :smile:

UofCSoxFan
04-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Well at least his knee appears to be O.K.

Nellie_Fox
04-17-2005, 01:04 AM
*we* as in me and my sister!Well, that's two of you.

Maggs was offered a contract that was more than fair, and he listened to his "go for broke" agent and went free agent. That tells me that he didn't love Sox fans, so why should we love him?

doublem23
04-17-2005, 02:38 AM
We do have another Boras client:

:crede

I don't even think Satan himself can drive demand for this assclown.

FarWestChicago
04-17-2005, 03:41 AM
I don't even think Satan himself can drive demand for this assclown.:borass:

I can get the Tigers to sign him for big money!