PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Woods question..

SOXintheBURGH
04-15-2005, 12:36 PM
So, I was gone for a few weeks. Can someone please fill me in on the whole Balsa Wood nickname? I feel like someone who walked into a movie 20 minutes late.

Iwritecode
04-15-2005, 12:53 PM
A few posters have used it here and there in the past but I think it really started getting popular after this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47075&highlight=balsa)

Balsa wood looks like real wood but it's really light, flimsy and easily breakable. Not really good for much.

Kerry Wood looks like a real pitcher but... :D:

itsnotrequired
04-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Balsa wood looks like real wood but it's really light, flimsy and easily breakable. Not really good for much.

Balsa wood is actually a wood but just different from wood most people are used to seeing. It has its applications (i.e. model airplanes) but you wouldn't want to build a house out of it...

Iwritecode
04-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Balsa wood is actually a wood but just different from wood most people are used to seeing. It has its applications (i.e. model airplanes) but you wouldn't want to build a house out of it...

I actually knew that, but I guess I didn't explain it real well.

My dad used to have a ton of model airplanes when I was younger. Actually, he still has them but they are just collecting dust in his basement. He also had a box full of balsa wood that I thought was the coolest thing when I saw it. I never knew a block of wood the size of my fist could only weigh a couple of onces... :cool:

SOXintheBURGH
04-15-2005, 01:28 PM
I actually knew that, but I guess I didn't explain it real well.

My dad used to have a ton of model airplanes when I was younger. Actually, he still has them but they are just collecting dust in his basement. He also had a box full of balsa wood that I thought was the coolest thing when I saw it. I never knew a block of wood the size of my fist could only weigh a couple of onces... :cool:

LOL.. wow, thats hilarious. Many thanks.

DumpJerry
04-15-2005, 06:17 PM
A few posters have used it here and there in the past but I think it really started getting popular after this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47075&highlight=balsa)

What is really cool is that I've heard people who do not know about WSI use it in the past couple of weeks.....the nickname has grown legs!!!!:D: :bandance: :bandance: