PDA

View Full Version : Woe is us

Ol' No. 2
04-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I can hardly believe no one has posted this yet. If you missed the headline in the Sox story (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050414soxgamer,1,593586.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) in the Cubune this morning, here it is:

Sweep escapes Sox again

Really sucks to have won all three series but no sweep, doesn't it? I'm just looking forward to October's headline:

Sox fail to sweep World Series

Brian26
04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Sox fail to sweep World Series

The said part is that it will still probably be on the second page. :angry:

mweflen
04-15-2005, 12:23 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox15.html

The White Sox apparently did not pack a broom before leaving spring training.

The way we lost last night was a bummer. But then, I guess all losses are bummers. At least our bats were there, but now pitching and defense failed us. I hope Carl and Scotty aren't hurt. (And Rowand, if anyone cares to discuss the stupidity of sliding into first again...)

Palehose Pete
04-15-2005, 12:24 PM
I said the same thing last night! What's so wrong with taking 2 out of 3 games in every series this year?

I guess we'll just have to settle for these sorts of disappointing results all season long.

wdelaney72
04-15-2005, 12:50 PM
As DJ pointed out last night. Win 2 out of 3 games all season, and we'll end up with about, oh... 100 wins. I'll take it.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-15-2005, 01:00 PM
But those Twins know how to put people away and get the sweep :o: .

Gosox1917
04-15-2005, 01:02 PM
As DJ pointed out last night. Win 2 out of 3 games all season, and we'll end up with about, oh... 100 wins. I'll take it.

Great point. A sweep is always nice, but right now let's just keep winning series after series. Take two out of three from Seattle this weekend and take two of two from the Twins after that. Cubune would prolly hate on the Sox though for sweeping only a two game set.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Count me as one happy Sox Fan if we keep taking 2 of 3 all season long.
:cool:

Gosh... the media makes themselves look like idiots all over again. They must thing we're all as stupid as the Cubs fans whose lack of intelligence they cater to.

Ol' No. 2
04-15-2005, 01:05 PM
How do you like the first sentence from the article:
CLEVELAND -- The White Sox's fortunes Thursday night sank in the sixth inning, and they lost any remaining comfort in the seventh.
I guess there's nothing left to do but play out the string.

Iwritecode
04-15-2005, 01:11 PM
But those Twins know how to put people away and get the sweep :o: .

Yes, but they still lost 2 of 3 against the Sox. Does that make them any better?

Seems to me they still have the same number of wins and losses as the Sox do. It will all even out over 162 games...

I want Mags back
04-15-2005, 01:56 PM
wining 2 games in every series equals 108 wins

wouldnt that be nice

Ol' No. 2
04-15-2005, 01:57 PM
wining 2 games in every series equals 108 wins

wouldnt that be niceNo, our fortunes have sunk. The Tribune says so.

jackbrohamer
04-15-2005, 04:48 PM
How do you like the first sentence from the article:

CLEVELAND -- The White Sox's fortunes Thursday night sank in the sixth inning, and they lost any remaining comfort in the seventh.

I guess there's nothing left to do but play out the string.

That was very strangely worded. *** does it mean to "lose any remaining comfort" and how can we tell when it's lost? Ya know, for future reference.

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-15-2005, 04:53 PM
what the hell is that. They should be happy we won 2/3. "Sox fail to sweep" ...how stupid is that

owensmouth
04-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Enough with this "We should be happy with two out of three" junk! We already were two out of two in all three of those series. I can understand that theory if we're just one out of the first two, but when we have already taken games one and two, I want a sweep. Call me greedy, yes. Win every game. Remember, you can't make up the losses.

This is professional baseball, not little league. Don't give the other team anything.

veeter
04-15-2005, 05:41 PM
The Sox beat writer in the Trib is negative little A-hole. You can pick it up right away when reading his stuff.

veeter
04-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Oh yea his name is Mark Gonzales. He can be reached at mgonzales@tribune.com Go Sox!!!!!!

MRKARNO
04-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Enough with this "We should be happy with two out of three" junk! We already were two out of two in all three of those series. I can understand that theory if we're just one out of the first two, but when we have already taken games one and two, I want a sweep. Call me greedy, yes. Win every game. Remember, you can't make up the losses.

This is professional baseball, not little league. Don't give the other team anything.

Winning the first two counts the same as splitting and taking the rubber match. It's .667% of games being wins. I'll take that any day of the week, especially considering how the offense has looked.

JB98
04-15-2005, 05:55 PM
I think you guys are too sensitive. Stop looking for a reason to be pissed off and enjoy the fact that we are playing well thus far.

PAPChiSox729
04-15-2005, 09:05 PM

Exactely. Sweeps are great, but if you consistently win every series, you are going deep into the playoffs. Especially considering that we were on the road and went 4-2, I really wouldn't tab the roadtrip as such a failure as the Trib was making it out to be. The Sox have started off great.
:cool:

FarWestChicago
04-15-2005, 09:07 PM

This is professional baseball, not little league. Don't give the other team anything.I highly recommend decaf.

Lip Man 1
04-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Owen:

I seriously doubt the Sox are tanking the last game of a series or taking it easy. You think Ozzie would let them do that?

Please. Even Bill Melton said along the lines of, you can't win every game, you try but it's impossible. You concentrate on the bigger picture, that's winning series.

Lip

delben91
04-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Owen:

I seriously doubt the Sox are tanking the last game of a series or taking it easy. You think Ozzie would let them do that?

Please. Even Bill Melton said along the lines of, you can't win every game, you try but it's impossible. You concentrate on the bigger picture, that's winning series.

Lip

Couldn't agree more. Give me a series win in any shape or form every time and I'm a happy Sox fan. :gulp:

shoota
04-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Oh yea his name is Mark Gonzales. He can be reached at mgonzales@tribune.com Go Sox!!!!!!

Gonzales is not just negative, he's inaccurate too. After Garland's last start, Gonzales referred to Jon Garland as "John" on the FRONT PAGE!

Maybe after tonight's performance he'll finally discover how to spell Jon's name.

Nellie_Fox
04-15-2005, 11:11 PM
As DJ pointed out last night. Win 2 out of 3 games all season, and we'll end up with about, oh... 100 wins. I'll take it.108 games, actually, and I think we'd all take that.:D:

santo=dorf
04-15-2005, 11:24 PM
108 games, actually, and I think we'd all take that.:D:
It could actually be more than 108. The Sox have won the first two games of each series which means they sweep every two game series (this next one with the Twins) and win 3 of 4 in every 4 game series. :gulp:

FarWestChicago
04-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Owen:

LipThere you go, Lip. Use some of that vast knowledge and experience in a positive way. :thumbsup:

Baby Fisk
04-16-2005, 11:03 AM
The said part is that it will still probably be on the second page. :angry:

Front page:

PRIOR, WOOD REHABS A SUCCESS!
GUARANTEED TO BE READY FOR MAY '06.

chisoxfan64
04-16-2005, 11:45 AM
I`ll be happy all year with winning 2 0f 3 or 3 of 4. The only series I care about seeing them sweep are against the minor league team from the North Side.