PDA

View Full Version : Question by a newbie

greektortoise
04-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Hello all,

I am new to town (since January) and thinking about going to the Cell on a Fireworks night. I want to sit in the lower level and not be under the Upper Decks to get a good view of the ball in the air and the fireworks. Does anybody know which rows are covered by the roof? Any approximate figures will be appreciated. Thank you

mweflen
04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Only about the last 5 rows of the LD are covered. And that is in 111-156 or so. All other sections are out in the open front to back.

having sat in the last row of the LD before, though, I can tell you that your view of the ball in the air is not obstructed. You probably have a free viewing angle up until about 80 degrees.

StillMissOzzie
04-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Hello all,

I am new to town (since January) and thinking about going to the Cell on a Fireworks night. I want to sit in the lower level and not be under the Upper Decks to get a good view of the ball in the air and the fireworks. Does anybody know which rows are covered by the roof? Any approximate figures will be appreciated. Thank you

First off, welcome to WSI!
Second, if you want the best view of the fireworks, I would suggest either:
1) In the lower deck, get in between the foul poles, because if you're in the outfield seats, you'll be craning your neck too much
2) In the upper deck, I really don't think that the roof would obstruct the fireworks view for any but the farthest back rows, if any. To be on the safe side, I'd say aim for rows 1 - 12 or so.

SMO
:gulp:

DumpJerry
04-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Hello all,

:welcome: None of the outfield seats are under a roof. Lower reserved box seats are generally uncovered, you will not have trouble seeing the ball in any of them, you can move down for the fireworks. I would probably try to avoid the last four rows or so of the Lower Box.

Ol' No. 2
04-15-2005, 12:33 PM
My seats are under the overhang from the skyboxes, and they don't obstruct the view of the fireworks at all. It's not like being in the back rows of Wrigley where you feel like you're watching the game through the mouth of a cave.

And...:welcome:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-15-2005, 01:06 PM
The worst seats in the park are the first few rows in right center. The new fan deck blocks the entire scoreboard. It kind of makes you feel isolated.

mealfred13
04-15-2005, 02:17 PM
I've been to fireworks nights a couple times, and I generally sit in the Upper Deck sections 526 or 538 or thereabouts. You get a great look at the field along either the first or third baseline. As for the fireworks, they're usually not much higher then horizontal when you're in the upper deck. I don't think they'd be blocked even if you were in the back row of the UD, though that might have changed with the non-slanted roof.

TDog
04-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Only about the last 5 rows of the LD are covered. And that is in 111-156 or so. All other sections are out in the open front to back.

having sat in the last row of the LD before, though, I can tell you that your view of the ball in the air is not obstructed. You probably have a free viewing angle up until about 80 degrees.

The Cell is really a great place to watch a ballgame. It's easy to forget that they used to build ballparks where you couldn't see anything hit in the air, let alone anything like fireworks. You can still pay a premium for such seats elsewhere.

MRKARNO
04-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Hello all,

For a good view of the fireworks, I would not recommend the outfield seats as you might have to strain your neck a bit to view them. Any non-outfield seat in the lower bowl is a good place to see everything. You might have problems with the last 3 rows or so, but that's about it.

Gosox1917
04-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I looove fireworks. I would try to sit as close to homeplate as possible for the best view of fireworks, and everybody is right, you can see high into the air from where ever you sit no matter how far back. I've even stood behind homeplate at the concourse to get a good show instead of having to turn my head from the bleacher seats. Also, the best for fireworks viewing IMO, is UD behind homeplate. Awesome view and a great show.

I want Mags back
04-15-2005, 09:16 PM
The worst seats in the park are the first few rows in right center. The new fan deck blocks the entire scoreboard. It kind of makes you feel isolated.

****. Im in sec 100 row 12 for Shammys return May 12th