PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti the Yanks lover

Jerry_Manuel
11-04-2001, 10:53 AM
From today's column:
The Yankees will win tonight. They're just teasing once again, as they do so well, setting us up for the ultimate drama like any wonderful acting troupe. Besides, aren't they bristling after leaving the field, the second-worst battering in Series history in the books, and hearing echoes of disrespect over the speakers? ''Start spreading the news ...'' came the Sinatra tune from Yankee Stadium, courtesy of the audio man at Bank One Ballpark, the latest example of hee-haw behavior that has embarrassed Phoenix in the national eye.

''I heard it over and over in Yankee Stadium, so we decided to have a little fun,'' Diamondbacks owner Jerry Colangelo explained. ''Hey, it's still a game, and if they can't have a little fun, then the hell with them.''

Now why do I get the feeling that if the Cubs did this they would just be having good fun?

FarWestChicago
11-04-2001, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From today's column:
[B]Now why do I get the feeling that if the Cubs did this they would just be having good fun? Because that is what he would say. You are 100% correct. I'm sure nobody but Yankmee fans, and wannabe Yankmee fans like the Moron, thought the Sinatra tune was anything but hysterical.

:moron

Of course it would just be good fun if the Cubs did it. They have a moral imperative no other sports team possesses.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-04-2001, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From today's column:

Now why do I get the feeling that if the Cubs did this they would just be having good fun?

Got that right. That dolt had no problem with the Cubs front office dreaming up a publicity stunt for Sam-me while the rest of the nation mourned the death of over 5,000 innocent civilians. In this jerk's mind, that was a wonderful "tribute."

Imagine if 29 other front offices had dreamed up the same idea. Would Marriotti think it was cheap and debasing of the nation's mourning? You bet your ***!

The guy is a rank hypocrite.

Jerry_Manuel
11-04-2001, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Got that right. That dolt had no problem with the Cubs front office dreaming up a publicity stunt for Sam-me while the rest of the nation mourned the death of over 5,000 innocent civilians. In this jerk's mind, that was a wonderful "tribute."

Imagine if 29 other front offices had dreamed up the same idea. Would Marriotti think it was cheap and debasing of the nation's mourning? You bet your ***!

The guy is a rank hypocrite.

Right on George that is exactly what he is. Isn't it funny how he is covering the World Series in Phoenix and New York yet he won't make the short trip to Comiskey. I liked Colangelo's quote:

''Hey, it's still a game, and if they can't have a little fun, then the hell with them.''

cheeses_h_rice
11-04-2001, 12:52 PM
http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/mlb/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=mlb_ari&id=74830

Isn't this Knue-man?

In any case, he sounds confused: his ESPN screen name is ChicagoSportsWeb, he lives in Tucson, and he roots for the Yankees. What a winner!