PDA

View Full Version : Series with the Dodgers

Moses_Scurry
04-15-2005, 07:50 AM
I need some speculation. I am going to be in Chicago the weekend of the Dodger series for a wedding, and I'm thinking about hitting the Saturday night game. Since I don't know for sure if I can make it, I don't want to buy the tickets in advance.

With it being an interleague, Saturday night game against a team the Sox haven't faced since the '59 world series, do you think the game will be sold out? I don't care if I have a ticket in the top corner of the UD, as long as I can get something at the window!

Cat Thief
04-15-2005, 07:56 AM
I need some speculation. I am going to be in Chicago the weekend of the Dodger series for a wedding, and I'm thinking about hitting the Saturday night game. Since I don't know for sure if I can make it, I don't want to buy the tickets in advance.

With it being an interleague, Saturday night game against a team the Sox haven't faced since the '59 world series, do you think the game will be sold out? I don't care if I have a ticket in the top corner of the UD, as long as I can get something at the window!

Tough call....Saturday fireworks and the Sox in first by about 5 games....:dunno:

jabrch
04-15-2005, 08:15 AM
It will be sold out. I have no doubts. That is going to be Turn Back the Clock night - celebrating the 59 Sox team. Right now, the best pair of tickets available on TicketBastard are Box 109, Row 30. That's the last row of the far RF corner. I imagine, if this team keeps up this pace, that you will soon find nothing left in the lower deck for that series. There are already NO premium UDs left either.

If it were me, I'd jump now on tickets. You will always be able to move them for face if things fall apart. That series will be highly demanded. Next to the Red Sox coming here for the first time since lord knows when, that could be the most hyped series outside of Cubs/Sox this year.

Jjav829
04-15-2005, 08:23 AM
I'd buy the tickets now. If you wait too long, you're likely to miss out on tickets all together or find yourself sitting in worse seats. Like jabrch mentioned, if you find yourself not able to attend the game, you should be able to sell them for face value, either on a place like eBay or stubhub, or simply to a fellow WSI member.

FedEx227
04-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Its a tough call, the fact that its a prime-day (meaning ticket prices are raised) you might be able to find some seats 'cause most Sox fans aren't willing to actually pay money to see their team...

BUT, this is a team that hasn't played here since '59. Plus theres going to be lots of giveaways, hats...lots of celebration very nastalgic...so they might be sold out. It'd probably be a safer bet to order ahead of time, but its U.S. Cellular so theres always a good chance you can find them up at the window.

so yeah, I didn't help you at all.

jabrch
04-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Its a tough call, the fact that its a prime-day (meaning ticket prices are raised) you might be able to find some seats 'cause most Sox fans aren't willing to actually pay money to see their team...

Congrats....you have just done your part to propogate the dumbest sterotype/myth about the Sox and their fanbase! The games are well on pace to be sold out. Sox fans will pay money to see their team - if there is something on the field worth paying for.

skottyj242
04-15-2005, 09:50 AM
It will be sold out. I have no doubts. That is going to be Turn Back the Clock night - celebrating the 59 Sox team. Right now, the best pair of tickets available on TicketBastard are Box 109, Row 30. That's the last row of the far RF corner. I imagine, if this team keeps up this pace, that you will soon find nothing left in the lower deck for that series. There are already NO premium UDs left either.

If it were me, I'd jump now on tickets. You will always be able to move them for face if things fall apart. That series will be highly demanded. Next to the Red Sox coming here for the first time since lord knows when, that could be the most hyped series outside of Cubs/Sox this year.

Didn't the Red Sox wipe the floor with us at Elvis night last year?

chisoxmike
04-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Last I heard, there are only scattered upper deck tickets for the Dodger series. Better hurry up. Everybody wants to see Manos on his new team!

eriqjaffe
04-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Didn't the Red Sox wipe the floor with us at Elvis night last year?
I'm pretty sure that jabrch forgot the teal on that. IIRC, when the Cubs schedule was announced, there was radio/newspaper (somebody remind me) hype to the effect of "OMG! THE RED SOX COMING TO CHICAGO THIS YEAR!", as if the Red Sox hadn't been playing games on the South Side for the past 104 years.

jabrch
04-15-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure that jabrch forgot the teal on that. IIRC, when the Cubs schedule was announced, there was radio/newspaper (somebody remind me) hype to the effect of "OMG! THE RED SOX COMING TO CHICAGO THIS YEAR!", as if the Red Sox hadn't been playing games on the South Side for the past 104 years.

I thought that was an understood joke...yes, it should have been in teal.

BRDSR
04-15-2005, 11:49 AM
If you REALLY don't want to buy tickets until the day of, you can just show up and buy some off scalpers. A little risky and a little pricey, but I've done it a dozen times. Depending on how much you're willing to sacrifice for the convenience of waiting until the day of, it can be a good deal. However, you'll want to get to the park via public transportation(I'm a big fan of the red line) because they may not be letting people park if they don't have tickets.

Foulke You
04-15-2005, 11:51 AM
If I were a betting man, I'd say that the Dodgers series is going to have big crowds, especially on Saturday with the fireworks. If you want to go to the game, I suggest buying the tickets now. As previous posters suggested, you can always sell them if you end up not being able to make it.

DumpJerry
04-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Here are your options: 1) buy from a scalper and hope it's a legit ticket and the scalper is not a cop. 2) go to the box office about 45 or 30 minutes before gametime to see if there are any turn-ins from the players (usually really good seats!). 3) Stubhub or a brokerage here in town (I hear a certain media/sports empire runs such an operation).

Good luck!

Ol' No. 2
04-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Its a tough call, the fact that its a prime-day (meaning ticket prices are raised) you might be able to find some seats 'cause most Sox fans aren't willing to actually pay money to see their team...Is that why the upper decks are always packed and the LD seats half empty?

Wsoxmike59
04-16-2005, 10:09 AM
I always enjoy games when teams don the uniforms of yesteryear and pay homage to the games glorious past. I look FW to the Sat Turn Back the Clock game vs the Dodgers in June.

Last night in L.A. the Dodgers wore "old school" uniforms honoring the memory of the great Jackie Robinson. Jackie's lovely and stately widow Rachel Robinson was in attendance as well.

Kudos to the Dodgers for putting on such a classy gesture to one of the game's greatest pioneers.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=52637357&cdi=0

I want Mags back
04-16-2005, 11:03 AM

No its a Premier day (The dodgers, Red Sox, and Yankees series are priced higher then Prime, which are weekends after memorial day and the Opener.)
Premier is priced just below "Flubs" series