PDA

View Full Version : a brew crew fan web site?

jake27
04-14-2005, 10:52 PM
does anyone know of a brewers fan website close to this one?

Whitesox029
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
does anyone know of a brewers fan website close to this one?
I'm registered at www.brewerfan.net . A lot of them still don't take too kindly to Sox fans, so be careful at first.

Rocklive99
04-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Wow, looking over at that board, look at the "Trolling the White Sox board" thread. They're talking about blind love? They're Brewers fans lol. They basically looked at a White Sox MLB.com board and compared us to Flub fans (ughhh) for we thought about the trade and acting as if they raped us in the trade. I would reply, but it's a waste of time and energy, plus it's an EZboard, lol

Foulke You
04-15-2005, 01:51 AM
Wow, looking over at that board, look at the "Trolling the White Sox board" thread. They're talking about blind love? They're Brewers fans lol. They basically looked at a White Sox MLB.com board and compared us to Flub fans (ughhh) for we thought about the trade and acting as if they raped us in the trade. I would reply, but it's a waste of time and energy, plus it's an EZboard, lol

Actually, the thread I read said they went to WSI. They were real down on Pods and most of them think we're not going to like that trade later in the year. Most of them make the mistake that everyone does and doesn't mention the salary relief that allowed the signings of El Duque and AJ. One of the posters there had a brain on his head an mentioned that we got guys like El Duque, Iguchi, AJ, etc largely because we let Lee go but the rest of them just kind've ignored his statement.

Honestly, I will say it before and I'll say it again, the trade helped BOTH teams. The Brewers needed a middle of the order thumper and now have themselves a damn good one. There 2-5 is as good as they come with Spivey, Lee, Overbay, and Geoff Jenkins while the Sox have remolded themselves into a more balanced club that improved on pitching, defense, and contact hitting.

Rocklive99
06-22-2005, 02:18 PM

Oh, how I wish I saved that thread so I could reply today. They were basically saying we had blind love to Uncle Jerry and the team, we'd never win, especially with this team, management, and ownership, and that we were crazy to think the trade benefited us/that Pods was overrated. Everyone there was looking at the Sox fans and organization as a joke, but then again, they are the joke of the league again!

brewcrew/chisox
06-23-2005, 06:44 PM
"Joke" is pretty strong don't you think? I mean it gets tough to defend my boyhood team, but the new ownership seems to be making some moves to increase quality and raise payroll. We are a couple of years away, but Prince Fielder, Ricky Weeks, and Bill Hall are some nice young players, and Carlos Lee and Overbay have been able to drive in some runs.

AND NO MORE SELIG!!!

:bandance:

I predict that they hover around .500 this year. Mediocre yes, but a joke

I'm a member on Brewersfan, and there are idiots there just like there are with every fanbase.

Present company excluded of course! :smile:

JohnBasedowYoda
06-23-2005, 06:56 PM
i'm always cautious of a team who has a legion of fans known only as "bucketheads"

whitesoxfan
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
some of this stuff is ridiculous.

"Hate them just a little less than the Cubs and Yanks."

wow what did we do to them? one more reason to hope that we get an annual series with them each year...

brewcrew/chisox
06-23-2005, 08:32 PM
some of this stuff is ridiculous.

"Hate them just a little less than the Cubs and Yanks."

wow what did we do to them? one more reason to hope that we get an annual series with them each year...

Yeah i just finished reading the thread "What do you think of the Whitesox"
Many Brewer fans still hold a grudge for the heated games between the two teams during the 70's, 80's and 90's. There were a few Sox fans on that thread though (albeit only a few).