PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 4-14-05 White Sox vs Indians Post game thread

MRKARNO
04-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Rant 'n rave here

Iron Dragon
04-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Thank you Neal Cotts. You should get the L tonight.

White_Sock
It's all Cott's fault:(:

itsnotrequired
1 game over .500 after first Indians series...

2 games over .500 after Twins series...

3 games over .500 after second Indians series...

I can't complain about this trend!:D:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Man, AGAIN we can't finish a sweep. For everyone who ripped my "Killer Instinct" Thread, feel free to revisit it and offer your apologies. I'm frustrated. Let's finish off a division opponent for once!

ChiSox14305635
04-14-2005, 09:37 PM
One of these days, we'll get a sweep.

ChiSoxRowand
04-14-2005, 09:38 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned in the thread or the chat, but the guy who caught Konerko's home run looked like he almost threw it back.

ChiSox7
04-14-2005, 09:39 PM
If you would have said we'd win 4 outta 6 on the road against our two biggest division rivals, I'd say that is pretty sweet. Gotta remember the big picture. It'd be nice to sweep them, but it's not like we were playing the POS Tigers at home like another team we know.

Just keep winning series.

ChiSox14305635
04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
4-2 against your two biggest rivals isn't too shabby either. Too bad the Twins are gonna make up a game since the Tigers left their playing ability at Comerica.

Fake Chet Lemon
Thank you Neal Cotts. You should get the L tonight.

Not to defend his performance, but he hasn't seen much action. That tends to make ya a little wild.

oeo
I sure hope Everett is okay...that would be a huge loss.

Why is it every season we get screwed over with injuries? Once things are looking good we lose our best guys out there, it sucks.

RKMeibalane
04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
A 6-3 record is nothing to be ashamed of. The Sox just have to come back tomorrow against Seattle and be ready to play.

Shorty1983
04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Where is the trade Cotts thread?

Whitesox029
04-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Well I gotta say this was probably our least impressive overall effort of the young season. Games like this will happen, but we have to keep them to a minimum.

Lip Man 1
OEO:

It's not every season...injuries are part of the game, that's why you better have a good bench.

Hey they won the series. I'll take it. My concern is that the red hot Mariners come into town followed by the red hot Twins.

Lip

Cowch44
Well, I guess the game could have been worse, and if anyone is saying, "WE COULD BE 9-0 STUPID (Something they think is to balme for our THREE loses.)" keep in mind we could also be 0-9.
The only thing that sucks is that the Twinks are also about to be(unless the kittens can get something big going) 6-3, I don't like ties.

Fake Chet Lemon
Carl's bat is huge. He has been banged up the last couple of years. Why risk him in the field? Keep him as the DH until Frank returns, the bat is too valuable.

NUCatsFan
Man, AGAIN we can't finish a sweep. For everyone who ripped my "Killer Instinct" Thread, feel free to revisit it and offer your apologies. I'm frustrated. Let's finish off a division opponent for once!

Another trend I notice is that we play well defensively (low-scoring) in games 1 and 2 of a series, but poorly in game 3. Not a good trend in my book.

shoota
04-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Rowand, Harris and Politte had nice games.

Uribe didn't do so well with the glove today. Cotts was the goat though.

edit: i overlooked paulie's game-tying 3-run jack. :redface: he also had a nice game.

Jurr
04-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Carl's bat is huge. He has been banged up the last couple of years. Why risk him in the field? Keep him as the DH until Frank returns, the bat is too valuable.

Well, it just becomes Ross Gload's chance to build on his awesome September. I'm anxious to see what that guy can do with lots of ABs.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Another trend I notice is that we play well defensively (low-scoring) in games 1 and 2 of a series, but poorly in game 3. Not a good trend in my book.

Do you think they are mentally easing up a little, as I do once they win the first two? They relax just enough to cost us?

NUCatsFan
04-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Do you think they are mentally easing up a little, as I do once they win the first two? They relax just enough to cost us?

Let's look at the evidence:

1-0
4-3
5-11

5-1
8-5
2-5

2-1
5-4
6-8

wins: 14 runs in 6 games
losses: 24 runs in 3 games

That's a huge difference to me.

cheeses_h_rice
04-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Hey, Aaron, unless you have learned the art of Superman-esque flying, sliding into first base is just about the stupidest and most reckless thing a hitter can do. Does the name Kenny Lofton ring a bell?

oeo
04-14-2005, 09:52 PM
OEO:

It's not every season...injuries are part of the game, that's why you better have a good bench.

Hey they won the series. I'll take it. My concern is that the red hot Mariners come into town followed by the red hot Twins.

Lip

Yeah, I understand that but I'm sick of it...if Frank and Maggs weren't out most of the season we had a great shot at the division last year. I guess I'm just sick of getting disappointed.

Kogs35
04-14-2005, 09:53 PM
winning the first 3 series of the season i couldnt be more happier. smart ball is more than just running the bases and hitting doubles. its also pitching smart and neil cotts aint smart. anyway great start now lets win the next series at home vs seattle. come sunday after the game then worry about 2 with the hostest cakes

ChiSoxJay
04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
I thought Cotts did ok (minus the walk). The ump squeezed him on the pitch before Hafner hit the 2 run double. If Uribe fields the relay properly, it probably would've only been a 1 run double.

The one thing I really like about this team thus far is their ability to erase early deficits. Whenever this team was down 3 or 4 runs last year, you can almost guarantee it was going to be a loss.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-14-2005, 09:58 PM
So was this another egg laid on National TV by our boys? This was on ESPN2 on the East Coast, right?

balke
04-14-2005, 09:59 PM
It really sucks that we're tied w/ the Twinks now, but I can't complain too much about the game. They at least put themselves in position to tie it in the end. Rowand missed a HR ball by about 2 inches. Hopefully we get some pitching for this seattles series, they can hit the ball.

Lip Man 1
04-14-2005, 09:59 PM
OEO:

If you plan on living a long time and you play on staying a Sox fan you better get used to being 'disappointed.'

Remember the old saying....'if, and, or but's were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas.'

Like Mike Ditka said in 1985, 'some teams are Smith, others are Grabowski. We're Grabowski's.'

Truer words were never spoken about the White Sox.

Look Pods will be back probably tomorrow, Everett I think by the end of the weekend. Relax....worry about that piece of grabage Neil Cotts. Who still hasn't learned control from last season.

Lip

Jurr
04-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Let's look at the evidence:

1-0
4-3
5-11

5-1
8-5
2-5

2-1
5-4
6-8

wins: 14 runs in 6 games
losses: 24 runs in 3 games

That's a huge difference to me.

Let's use our brains for a second. When you're in a game that is ending a series, we call those 'GETAWAY GAMES'. See, you're kinda regrouping after playing an away series...getting your guys rest. If teams are lucky enough to win the first two games of a three game series, they normally rest some of their guys for that third game. The other getaway games are normally on Sundays, whether you won the first two or not. If you don't have your number 1 guys out there, then you don't play as well and you lose those games occasionally.

mealfred13
04-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I thought Cotts did ok (minus the walk). The ump squeezed him on the pitch before Hafner hit the 2 run double.

I don't like blaming umps for losses but this is true. Other than that, Cotts was very solid after that double. I don't think we can blame the whole loss on Cotts, but just a general lack of solid defense and execution today.

The Wimperoo
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Ozzie is stupid. There is no reason for Carl to be out in the field ever, at least until Frank is back. It's not like he is even good out there. Any other outfielder on the team would have caught that ball.

CleeFan101
04-14-2005, 10:06 PM
the other 2 losses i consider more bad luck.... We should of won the first one but our closer who was amazing last year gave up 3 solo HR's.... thats not going to happen again probably more of a fluke. Than the 3rd game of the series was vs Santana and he is amazing so cant really feel 2 bad against losing to him.

This was the one game we played bad in... but hey we won the series, les get home and take another 2 out of 3 against Ichiro and the mariners... I think Beltre got hurt today so thats a good thing for us.

Jurr
04-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Ozzie is stupid. There is no reason for Carl to be out in the field ever, at least until Frank is back. It's not like he is even good out there. Any other outfielder on the team would have caught that ball.
Out in the field ever, at least until Frank is back. Contradiction is my prediction. If the guy needs to be in the lineup when Frank returns, then he needs to stay a little fresh in the field to get ready for that role.

Mark Buehrle
04-14-2005, 10:12 PM
I thought the lineup adjustments for tonights game seemed good, taking advantage of Ross Gload's slick fielding skills, and Carl having done special workouts during the offseason so that he could play the outfield. But then he hurt himself :(:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Let's use our brains for a second. When you're in a game that is ending a series, we call those 'GETAWAY GAMES'. See, you're kinda regrouping after playing an away series...getting your guys rest. If teams are lucky enough to win the first two games of a three game series, they normally rest some of their guys for that third game. The other getaway games are normally on Sundays, whether you won the first two or not. If you don't have your number 1 guys out there, then you don't play as well and you lose those games occasionally.

So you concede the game, against division foes? I don't think so. Go for the kill shot, it's not getaway from the West Coast against the A's. These are short midwest trips against teams we have to beat. Not 800 mile trips.

NUCatsFan
04-14-2005, 10:17 PM

Is it source for concern? Not yet, at least. But it is something to keep our eye on.

MRKARNO
04-14-2005, 10:18 PM
I blame Carl Everett's defense and Neal Cotts' pitching for the loss. Everett's bad read gave the Indians 2 extra runs and Cotts probably allowed at least one more run than a normal reliever would be expected to do. At least it appears that Rowand, Uribe and Dye are making headway into breaking out of their beginning of the seasons slumps.

Jurr
04-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Is it source for concern? Not yet, at least. But it is something to keep our eye on.
Nah...it's just baseball. Everybody does it. We had a six game road trip. We had to get guys a little rest. With the Everett situation, we'll probably see Konerko DH with Gload at first until Everett's back. He'll be fine. A shoulder bruise isn't that big of an injury. You just rest the guy and he'll be back by Sunday or Monday. I was an athletic trainer in college, and we had lots of shoulder bruises in football. They're not very hard to treat.

BearSox
04-14-2005, 10:22 PM
We lost this game because of circumstance, if Carl doesn't get injured he would of fielded the ball and would have not allowed the hitter to get to third which I believed allowed an extra two runs in the inning which would have had the game tied at 6-6 after 9. Bad luck tonight, atleast we did put up runs and fought back which is still impressive about this years team. They're not folding when a crooked number gets put up against them.

mjmcend
04-14-2005, 10:23 PM
But the hot Mariners and Twins also were playing the tough teams of KC and the Tigers, respectively. This is while we were beating the Injuns in another series. I am not that worried about there supposed hot streak.

CubKilla
04-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Out in the field ever, at least until Frank is back. Contradiction is my prediction. If the guy needs to be in the lineup when Frank returns, then he needs to stay a little fresh in the field to get ready for that role.

Personally, once/if Frank returns, I don't see a spot for Everett on this team. They're not gonna send a relief pitcher or Widger down to make room for Frank. That leaves speed guys like Harris and Ozuna or a Gload..... who is the likely candidate to be sent down once Thomas returns barring other injuries.

Barring injury, Everett isn't going to be bumping Podsednik, Rowand, or Dye very often if at all.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-14-2005, 10:29 PM
If teams are lucky enough to win the first two games of a three game series, they normally rest some of their guys for that third game...If you don't have your number 1 guys out there, then you don't play as well and you lose those games occasionally.
Yeah, just like the Twins did in their "getaway game" tonight.

I'm not running around like Chicken Little, but it would be nice to close out a series sweep now and then. Yeah, if the Sox keep taking series the way they have, they are going to win a lot of games. But Minnesota will win a lot of series too, and they've just shown they are capable of putting the nail in the coffin. A four game winning streak (begun against us), and now they're off to Cleveland to face a team who, but for a few mistakes by our pitching and defense, has looked pretty bad.

Hey, is there any possibility that the Sox threw this game, in an effort to give the Toons some confidence heading into their series with Minny? Ozzie's a genius!

JB98
04-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Personally, once/if Frank returns, I don't see a spot for Everett on this team. They're not gonna send a relief pitcher or Widger down to make room for Frank. That leaves speed guys like Harris and Ozuna or a Gload..... who is the likely candidate to be sent down once Thomas returns barring other injuries.

Barring injury, Everett isn't going to be bumping Podsednik, Rowand, or Dye very often if at all.

Everett has been our best hitter so far this year. I don't know if that is going to continue, but if it does, the Sox will have to find a spot for him when Frank comes back.

Norberto7
04-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Well I gotta say this was probably our least impressive overall effort of the young season. Games like this will happen, but we have to keep them to a minimum.

And yet, the tying run was at the plate in the ninth....sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

cwsfannick
04-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Too many lead off walks tonight. They always seem to score. A 5 and 1 road trip would have been nice, but I will take 4 and 2. This teams goal should be 15 wins per month.

santo=dorf
04-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Just want to get this off my chest about Cotts; HIS NAME IS SPELLED N-E-A-L. :angry: :angry:

jabrch
04-14-2005, 10:58 PM
It really sucks that we're tied w/ the Twinks now

I'm not impressed by them sweeping the Tigers. Sorry - that doesn't do it for me. They lost 2 of 3 to us and won 2 out of 3 vs Seattle. They are in game 4 of a 12 game stretch without a day off and have to play Gassner, Lhose and Mays 3 of every 5 days. I know we should never count out the three time defending division title holder, and I am not doing that. But I am wholly unimpressed with their 6-2 start.

Fortunately, it looks like we will be missing Santana. We will face Gassner and Mays. You can't help but be happy to see that coming to USCF.

JB98
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm not impressed by them sweeping the Tigers. Sorry - that doesn't do it for me. They lost 2 of 3 to us and won 2 out of 3 vs Seattle. They are in game 4 of a 12 game stretch without a day off and have to play Gassner, Lhose and Mays 3 of every 5 days. I know we should never count out the three time defending division title holder, and I am not doing that. But I am wholly unimpressed with their 6-2 start.

Fortunately, it looks like we will be missing Santana. We will face Gassner and Mays. You can't help but be happy to see that coming to USCF.

Nah, we'll see Lohse and Radke. They've got Santana, Gassner and Mays going over the weekend.

Viva Medias B's
04-14-2005, 11:02 PM
We have to beat them on our field. Didn't we have trouble with that concept last year?

DaleJRFan
04-14-2005, 11:18 PM
I just have to say..

As much as it sucks losing 3 games that the Sox should have won, its pretty damn cool that it is just that; three games that we should/could/would have won. the Shingo meltdown, Crede's "should have been scored as an error" error to keep the inning alive for the Twins and today.... 3 games we SHOULD have won. Its a nice feeling knowing that all nine games that we've played, if we didnt win, we were in the game, had a lead... could have won, etc, etc, instead of the 7-1 losses we're all used to. Even when the team has been down this year, they fight back with a big hit to tie or go ahead. I am really excited, even after a loss like tonight...

Cotts stinks, by the way. Not like I could have done better though. Well, maybe I could have. Think the Crisp, Broussard or Hafner could hit a 60 mph straight change?? :cool:

elrod
04-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Don't blame Cotts. We lost because El Duque didn't have it today, period. He got shelled early on and was fortunate not to give up much more (bases loaded and one out in the 3rd - no runs scored thanks to some gutsy pitches to Sizemore and Hernandez). This is a game we had no business winning, yet we made a go of it. An oddball lineup gave us 6 runs, which under a normal El Duque outing would be plenty to win. He's a great pitcher, but he'll have his off days. Today was one of them so let's just move on. Tomorrow is Joel Pineiro's first start of the season. Let's get him, and hope our #5 Garland can repeat his Twinkie performance.

balke
04-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Cotts was set up for failure. He's obviously our weakest bullpen arm at the moment, but they all lost that game all around. Its surprising it was that close.

It was just a loss, the whole time it was a loss coming, you could feel it. I'm just glad we didn't waste too much of our bullpen. I thought El Duque would have to go out in the 5th, and we'd burn all our arms up before the Seattle series.

pmck003
04-15-2005, 02:43 AM
I saw it on espn alternative in Denver

mike squires
04-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Winning these 2 out of three have been great but man 7-2 sounds a whole lot better than 6-3. Let's take another 2 out of 3 from Seattle cause I don't like the Twinkies coming to town!

SSN721
04-15-2005, 07:18 AM
I'm not too worried, as off as El Duque was we were lucky to have the tying run at the plate in the ninth. I blame the walks. Even though the defense was not all that sharp, it wouldnt have mattered so much if it hadnt been for walking every other Jndians batter. It was getting ridicuous. It was just a bad night, the team was off but yet got some great performances and it was nice to see Konerko bust out of his mini slump and Rowand really start heating up. And Willie had a great performance as well. It was a loss, but can still take positives. I'll take 2 of 3 against the division all year if it means no sweeps and just series wins. Not a fun loss but oh well, back home to beat up on the M's:D:

D. TODD
04-15-2005, 08:58 AM
People focus on the 3 games we "should" have won as a few people have stated, but every game has been close and could have been won by either team. With that type of thinking there was 6 games we "should have lost". I'm more then happy with a 6-3 start at this point. Sure I would like to sweep a series, but winning 2 out of 3 is great. I Hope we win the series against the Mariners, and keep consistant. Also, too many people are talking about the Twins series. We have 3 with the Mariners to focus on.

BRDSR
04-15-2005, 10:20 AM
OEO:

Lip

The red hot Mariners? All they did was sweep the Royals. Any team that doesn't sweep the Royals would be considered to be on a cold streak. They're probably lulled into a false sense of security, thinking they beat some real major league talent this past week. We'll take two out of three easy. (The first two, we'll obviously lose Sunday's game)

jabrch
04-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Nah, we'll see Lohse and Radke. They've got Santana, Gassner and Mays going over the weekend.

OK - I like our chance still. Ducking Johan is nice.

Flight #24
04-15-2005, 11:10 AM
People focus on the 3 games we "should" have won as a few people have stated, but every game has been close and could have been won by either team. With that type of thinking there was 6 games we "should have lost". I'm more then happy with a 6-3 start at this point. Sure I would like to sweep a series, but winning 2 out of 3 is great. I Hope we win the series against the Mariners, and keep consistant. Also, too many people are talking about the Twins series. We have 3 with the Mariners to focus on.

Also, remember - the more early success we have, the more likely we'll be in the hunt long-term. This team is still adjkusting to the new guys, the style of paly, etc. As they get more comfortable wiht things, I'd expect the play to improve. Plus, the closer we get to Frank's return (whenever that is) and we're still in first place - the closer we are to opening up some room.

LVSoxFan
04-15-2005, 11:27 AM
That game sucked last night!

Anyway let's not get out of control here. Think about this:

a) 2 out of 3? I'll TAKE IT! You realize that we if stay on that pace, we win over 100 games? Sure a sweep is nice, but Cleveland isn't just gonna lay down and let us have a nice trip home.

b) Ozzie, Kenny and everybody else said that this team was all about pitching and defense. Well guess what? Those were the two things we didn't have last night, and bad. Cotts was wild but El Duque was off the mark--um, four runs in the first probably says it's not gonna be a good night.

Then you've got the blooper reel with Everett in left (*** with that fly ball?) and Uribe's bobbles and his absentee status at SS when they wrongly guessed bunt.

So as the pitching and D goes, we go. Last year we got by on some abysmal pitching performances because the Big Bats could start raining baseballs into the stands to bail out the starter. Sometimes. This year we need all-around team performances to win--it's the good news and the bad news.

But back to reality: a two-out-of-three pace is just fine by me. We'll get some sweeps--that's what Kansas City is for!

maurice
04-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Cotts looked a lot better in the game than in the box score, just like past games by Vizcaino. Such is the life of a relief pitcher. Stats tend to balance out over a starter's 200 IP. Not so much for a reliever.

Hangar18
04-15-2005, 12:53 PM

I agree here. That game was WINNABLE last nite and very frustrating
to just let another one get away like this. The White Sox should be 8-1
right now. Not 6-3. Dont get me wrong. I like the record. But Ozz
is an idiot for running El Duque out there another inning. He was Garbage
all nite, and with that 5-4 lead, shouldve yanked him while the getting
was good. He instead let Orlando get himself in trouble yet again .......:angry:

Ol' No. 2
04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree here. That game was WINNABLE last nite and very frustrating
to just let another one get away like this. The White Sox should be 8-1
right now. Not 6-3. Dont get me wrong. I like the record. But Ozz
is an idiot for running El Duque out there another inning. He was Garbage
all nite, and with that 5-4 lead, shouldve yanked him while the getting
was good. He instead let Orlando get himself in trouble yet again .......:angry:So we have one thread criticizing Ozzie for leaving Hernandez in too long, and we have another thread criticizing Ozzie for bringing in Neal Cotts.:?: Is there any move he could have made that people would be satisfied with? Never mind...what am I thinking?:(:

Hangar18
04-15-2005, 01:04 PM
That was a POORLY bullpen managed game by Ozzie. I was furious
as to how that turned out. Duque was horrible. The ball was all over
the place and he shouldve been TORCHED, esp with the bases loaded
situation he got into, the batters got themselves out. It was especially
frustrating because I watched the game at a north side watering hole,
and upon entering, there was a Sox Capped fan watching.

Then a guy walks in with some people, his Sox Cap and tshirt on. A woman
and her husband from Bronzeville walked in and sat beside me 2nd inning, and the husband said, "best dressed man in the place" (remarking on my sox jacket). After all of us moaned and groaned about El Duques garbage performance, we cheered wildly when Konerko tied us back up, and when we took the lead. The guy next to me admitted he has been following the White Sox since 2003, when he moved here, and I told him to feel free to jump on the bandwagon, and to visit WSI. All those good feelings were erased when Ozz brings out El Duque for another inning, and promptly walks the batter on 4 pitches. A bar full of Sox Fans. Screaming for El Duque
to not come out that next inning. but a bar full of Sox Fans nonetheless. Imagine that.

Hangar18
04-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Magical Season = Winning Games your supposed to win
+ Winning Games your supposed to lose.

How impressive would a 5-4 Win been last nite,
with Ozz realizing a horrid performance by Hernandez, taking him out with the lead, and having the bullpen save us the last 4 innings for the sweep?
That wouldve had people talking. Winning whatever way possible

Cotts was up the whole time, Ozzy just second-guessed himself, and
Finally yanked him 30 seconds and 4 wild pitches later to that first batter.
He was bringing in Cotts no matter what. Why do it with a man on and no outs?

Ol' No. 2
04-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Magical Season = Winning Games your supposed to win
+ Winning Games your supposed to lose.Wouldn't that make you 162-0??? That would be magical, all right.

Hangar18
04-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Wouldn't that make you 162-0??? That would be magical, all right.

You know what I mean. Remember in 1990 .... how many games the young, upstart White Sox were winning? I remember us being down one run in the 9th one game, and coming back with 2 cheap, but very manufactured runs to win it .......on a Sac Fly! That was a game we shouldve "lost" but we won instead, the bullpen managing, esp the job FISK did, helped.

There are only a handful of games that the SOX will be able to alter the course of. Everyone is going to win about 60 games, what do we do in those other 30? The key is to WIN as many as possible, because next thing you know, instead of finishing in 2nd place 6 games back, were in 1st place 6 games up.

LVSoxFan
04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
You know what I mean. Remember in 1990 .... how many games the young, upstart White Sox were winning? I remember us being down one run in the 9th one game, and coming back with 2 cheap, but very manufactured runs to win it .......on a Sac Fly! That was a game we shouldve "lost" but we won instead, the bullpen managing, esp the job FISK did, helped.

There are only a handful of games that the SOX will be able to alter the course of. Everyone is going to win about 60 games, what do we do in those other 30? The key is to WIN as many as possible, because next thing you know, instead of finishing in 2nd place 6 games back, were in 1st place 6 games up.

Whoa! What Northside bar were you at where there were Sox fans? I'll have to get to this place!

FarWestChicago
04-15-2005, 02:52 PM
So we have one thread criticizing Ozzie for leaving Hernandez in too long, and we have another thread criticizing Ozzie for bringing in Neal Cotts.:?: Is there any move he could have made that people would be satisfied with? Never mind...what am I thinking?:(:All of these "geniuses" would be best advised to keep their day jobs. I don't suspect any of them will be getting paid for their baseball "knowledge" soon. :D: