PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on a good F-Sa-Su Weekend Outing

Alanzo XXXVIII
04-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey there.

I plan to visit my sister sometime in July/August and I want to get my Sox fix as much as I can on the trip! Do any of you have any recommendations for a good weekend around that time that I can bring my girlfriend to? She's a converted Sox fan. We're both in our mid-20s.

Thanks!

Edit: I know I can just look at the schedule, but I was wondering if there was some better "from experience" weekends you guys might recommend!

oeo
04-14-2005, 10:49 PM
I'd say the Red Sox series or Yankees series. Red Sox is in mid-July and Yankees in mid-August...those would both be awesome series to go to.

chisoxmike
04-15-2005, 12:03 AM
I'd say the Red Sox series or Yankees series. Red Sox is in mid-July and Yankees in mid-August...those would both be awesome series to go to.

I heard that scattered upper deck tickets are only left... better hurry and decide.

doublem23
04-15-2005, 03:19 AM
I heard that scattered upper deck tickets are only left... better hurry and decide.

That and they're "premium" series so they're going to be more expensive.

jabrch
04-15-2005, 08:28 AM
The four weekend homestands that month are Seattle, Oakland, Boston and NYY. Those are all good serieses - you can't go wrong with any of them. If it were me, just coming in for a weekend, I'd do Seattle or Oakland. For NY/Boston tickets are very well sold already. For the others, you could probably get a nice spattering of seat choices to see 3 games from 3 different perspectives. I'd buy a lower box ticket even with one of the bases, a seat in the Lower Reserved, in the OF, and then either a Premium Upper Box, just behind home plate in the first few rows of the UD or a very cheap seat and come very early to get a seat at a table on top of the Bull Pen Sports Bar.

For NY/Boston, that might be hard at this point. For the Seattle/Oakland serieses, there are probably still some good seats available.

Tekijawa
04-15-2005, 09:45 AM
I'd HIGHLY Recomend the Elvis night on August 5th against the Mariners! I don't get to go this year but the years past have never been a dissappointment!