PDA

View Full Version : Everett injured???

MarkyBear
04-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Game notes from Yahoo:

CHICAGO'S LEFT FIELDER CARL EVERETT LEFT THE GAME IN THE FIRST INNING WITH A LEFT SHOULDER INJURY AFTER RUNNING INTO THE WALL.

I turned the game on and saw him going into the dugout then read this...

I'm watching on MLBTV and the Indians anouncers haven't said anything yet that I've heard...

GiveMeSox
04-14-2005, 07:14 PM
THey said contusion and hes day to day.

MarkyBear
04-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanx for the update...

Hope that's all it is and both Pods and Carl can come back SOON!

HebrewHammer
04-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanx for the update...

Hope that's all it is and both Pods and Carl can come back SOON!

Yeah, if they don't...

:LTP

I don't think I can take another season of The Borch.

MarkyBear
04-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah, if they don't...

:LTP

I don't think I can take another season of The Borch.

Say it ain't Joe!!! :o:

gobears1987
04-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Anything but LTP.

JoseCanseco6969
04-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Just when Carl is getting hot at the plate....damn!

TommyJohn
04-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Can you say 1973, boys and girls?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Frank got hurt bad a time or two while playing the field. When we have a DH who is hitting the heck out of the ball, would our Sox managers let them hit! Keep them out of the field. Carl's bat is too valuable with Frank out right now, I don't want him in the field once he returns. AT ALL.

Spicoli
04-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Latest from rotoworld.com:

Carl Everett is day-to-day with a bruised left shoulder.
It'll be a little while before Everett is asked to play outfield again. He should return as a DH soon.

GiveMeSox
04-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Latest from rotoworld.com:

How can a guy look so coordinated at the plate and look so lost trying to field fly balls. That ball should have been caught, it landed about 5 or 6 feet in front of the track. Ill just chalk it up yo everett not being familair with the huge wall out there but come on, you are a professional. All you have to do is get a good jump on the ball, you turn and run while looking back or just backtrack.

SluggersAway
04-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Everett will be ok. No big deal, he'll bounce back.

CubKilla
04-14-2005, 09:49 PM
How can a guy look so coordinated at the plate and look so lost trying to field fly balls. That ball should have been caught, it landed about 5 or 6 feet in front of the track.

The route he took was absolutely brutal

SOX ADDICT '73
04-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Everett will be ok. No big deal, he'll bounce back.
Yeah, just look at how far he bounced when he hit that wall!

Mark Buehrle
04-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Ouch, I really hope CEverett is okay...

VA_GoGoSox
04-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah, just look at how far he bounced when he hit that wall!

Well done...well done.

Jurr
04-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Carl's going to be fine...and soon. Shoulder bruises (contusions as they are referred to in the biz) are pretty easy to treat. No prob.

tacosalbarojas
04-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Terrible decision to have Carl in the field. It was so predictable that something like this would happen. While he has lost weight over the winter, he's still slowed down from a few years ago when he was playing center for the Red Sox, and he's still closer to the fielder who got hit in the head with the ball in the outfield in Montreal last year.

For whoever posted that it would be awhile before Carl plays the field again - you got that right. I just hope he and Pods can get back soon. If someone has to come up, I'd prefer it be Anderson rather than Borchard, but I have a hunch Joe would get the call.

Flight #24
04-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Terrible decision to have Carl in the field. It was so predictable that something like this would happen. While he has lost weight over the winter, he's still slowed down from a few years ago when he was playing center for the Red Sox, and he's still closer to the fielder who got hit in the head with the ball in the outfield in Montreal last year.

For whoever posted that it would be awhile before Carl plays the field again - you got that right. I just hope he and Pods can get back soon. If someone has to come up, I'd prefer it be Anderson rather than Borchard, but I have a hunch Joe would get the call.

This is actually problematic. When Frank comes back, Carl'll need to play the field to get halfway decent ABs. Otherwise,we'll have a pretty good hitter (either him or Frank) wasting on the bench.

SluggersAway
04-14-2005, 11:43 PM
He's fine.

mikehuff
04-15-2005, 07:30 AM
This is actually problematic. When Frank comes back, Carl'll need to play the field to get halfway decent ABs. Otherwise,we'll have a pretty good hitter (either him or Frank) wasting on the bench.

Exactly what I was going to say. It's good to have the problem of Frank's replacement hitting so well, but to get them both playing at the same time, then you're really going to sacrafice some defense to do that.

If Frank does come back and is healthy for the rest of the season, then I think what would be best for the team would be to use Crede and Everett to get us a new 3rd baseman.

Kadafi311
04-15-2005, 07:34 AM
"But the way it feels now, the way the pain has moved through, and it's more muscular. ... If it's in my muscle, I will play."

Sounds like he might even be in the lineup this evening. Although Ozzie and Herm might have something to say about that.

gobears1987
04-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Sounds like he might even be in the lineup this evening. Although Ozzie and Herm might have something to say about that.

Gotta hand it to him wanting to play hurt. That's heart, unlike a certain Tiger who can't play due to viral infections, and not feeling good.

:maggs
"Hey Skip, I can't play tonight, my ummm. my kne, NO wait, my ovaries are hurting."

04-15-2005, 08:02 AM
ANy idea when Pods will be back?

Kadafi311
04-15-2005, 08:29 AM
ANy idea when Pods will be back?

With Scott Podsednik on the sideline with a strained right adductor muscle, although he could be back for Friday's game against Seattle...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050414&content_id=1015905&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Should be in the lineup tonight.

FedEx227
04-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Probably sometime this weekend, maybe Saturday or Sunday.

Mark Buehrle
04-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah, it was stated that Carl Everett is day to day, it's muscle (not bone) soreness, and that he'll be fine. It says it all here:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050414&content_id=1015905&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

tstrike2000
04-15-2005, 08:59 AM

Yes, this could be a dilemma. Even if another one of our outfielders gets injured, Ozuna, Timo, or Willie Harris are better outfielders. However, that means we're sacrificing a bigger bat with Carl since Konerko and Frank can't play anywhere else.

Mark Buehrle
04-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah, we've got too many players man. I have respect for him, he's a very valuable player, but I must say; when Frank comes back, Timo Perez would be the one I would send to the minor leagues.

jordan23ventura
04-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah, we've got too many players man. I have respect for him, he's a very valuable player, but I must say; when Frank comes back, Timo Perez would be the one I would send to the minor leagues.

No to that. IMO, Timo is the first guy you keep. He can run the bases well, come up big in the clutch, pinch hit, and play the outfield better than Everett. The guy who is leaves is going to either be Ozuna or Willie (sad we can't keep both), but I think the more likely scenario is one of them is traded.

maurice
04-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Everett played plenty of OF in AZ and Milwaukee and looked fine. After a long stint at DH, he had a lot of trouble picking up that ball and wackiness ensured. The report is it's just a bruise, and he'll be fine. After Frank comes back, you'll see plenty of Everett in the OF.

hold2dibber
04-15-2005, 12:33 PM
If Frank does come back and is healthy for the rest of the season, then I think what would be best for the team would be to use Crede and Everett to get us a new 3rd baseman.

I don't think Crede and Everett would bring much in trade. Crede's not very good and Everett is in his walk year and is relatively old. Plus, with Frank's recent injury history and the Sox general lack of left handed power, I think dealing Everett would be a mistake. When Frank comes back, Everett gets 4 - 5 starts per week spelling Dye, Pods, Frank and possibly PK. Keeps him fresh, keeps them fresh.