PDA

View Full Version : This Sisco kid

DrCrawdad
04-14-2005, 05:54 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players/5/7470.jpg

Andy Sisco was an '01 2nd round draft by the Cubs and ballyhooed as a "Randy Johnson" type left-hander. The Cubs lost Sisco via the Rule 5 Draft to the Royals. In order for the Royals to keep Sisco, he needs to stay on the Royals 25 man roster all season. So far, at least, Sisco is doing quite well for the Royals.

7.2 IP, 2 HITS, 2 RUNS, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K

Both runs were allowed in Sisco's first outing, which was on opening day in Detroit.

The Cubs shouldn't expect to have Sisco offered back to the them. The Royals will most likely hold on to Sisco, unless Sisco melts down.

Leaving Sisco unprotected may end up being a big mistake by Jim Hendry.

gosox41
04-15-2005, 10:03 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players/5/7470.jpg

Andy Sisco was an '01 2nd round draft by the Cubs and ballyhooed as a "Randy Johnson" type left-hander. The Cubs lost Sisco via the Rule 5 Draft to the Royals. In order for the Royals to keep Sisco, he needs to stay on the Royals 25 man roster all season. So far, at least, Sisco is doing quite well for the Royals.

7.2 IP, 2 HITS, 2 RUNS, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K

Both runs were allowed in Sisco's first outing, which was on opening day in Detroit.

The Cubs shouldn't expect to have Sisco offered back to the them. The Royals will most likely hold on to Sisco, unless Sisco melts down.

Leaving Sisco unprotected may end up being a big mistake by Jim Hendry.

Good to see him succeed outside of the Cubs organization. Hopefully it'll continue so Cub fans can cry like they did when Dontrelle Willis had all that success.

Bob

Iwritecode
04-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Good to see him succeed outside of the Cubs organization. Hopefully it'll continue so Cub fans can cry like they did when Dontrelle Willis had all that success.

Bob

Had?

He hasn't allowed a run in two starts so far this year. Cub fans are still crying. :wink:

DrCrawdad
04-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Had?

He hasn't allowed a run in two starts so far this year. Cub fans are still crying. :wink:

From what I've seen about the reaction to Sisco, so far, was after the first outing they said, "Ah, see he sucks," or "Ah, a bad outing so he'll be back in the Cubs organization..." In both cases people jumped on Sisco's first outing, when in reality it wasn't all that bad all things considered. It didn't look all that good, statistically, but I was impressed with the "kid."

ranger_bob
04-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Sisco's performance is surprising a lot of people. He has a world of talent, but struggled in A ball last year, so this is a huge jump for him. If the Royals can keep him all year, and it definitely looks like he will stick, he's going to be huge for them. From what I hear from those knowlegeable about the Cubs is that no one in their organization expected him to stick because his work ethic apparently wasn't very good. It seems that being picked in the rule V draft woke him up and got him into shape.

DumpJerry
04-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Flub fans are crying over this guy or any others they let get away? Give me a break! This implies they actually know what is going on!

Whitesox029
04-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Was he the nutjob whose mother said she had a vision about a big lefthander leading the cubs to the WS? Or was that someone else?

Banix12
04-17-2005, 04:36 AM
There was no way he was going back to the cubs. The Royals weren't going anywhere this season and Sisco had such a good upside that even if he sucked he would have been buried at the end of the bullpen just to keep him in the Royals organization.

Whitesox029
04-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Found it:
link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46667&highlight=sisco)
His mother bought him a book that had some sort of prophecy. (??:?:??)