PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna be that guy

balke
04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
But has anyone seen what Valdez is doing in Seattle? Where was he this whole time? He's hitting .308, and just hit a double scoring two runs.

Its early, don't have to tell me. Slow news day though, find it interesting cause he sucked everytime I saw him.

Edit: meant to put this in talking baseball, sorry.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-14-2005, 02:32 PM
I'll keep Ozuna.

eriqjaffe
04-14-2005, 02:33 PM
It's obviously due to his newfound proximity to Jeremy Reed.

Jerko
04-14-2005, 02:46 PM
And Valentin is batting .380 too. Let's wait a few weeks.

Rocklive99
04-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I think he had a good spring, it was basically a battle between him and Ozuna. I'm not sure if you caught the ST games, but he really halfassed a groud ball against the Flubs and everyone in the chat got pissed. I know it was only ST, but if you're going to not even try on a groundball when you're battling for a starting job...

Chisox003
04-14-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm in an AL only player fantasy league with 12 teams

The talent runs a little short after all the stars are taken, so naturally we start lookin at guys like, oh well.....lets say Wilson Valdez

Picked him up to fill in at a UTIL spot, and hes been on fire ever since

Go wilson go

DrCrawdad
04-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Tomorrow we'll get a chance to see 3 former Sox in the Mariners everyday line-up - Olivo, Reed and Valdez.

I don't want to go into the whole Olivo/Reed/Morse for Garcia trade again but I would like to have seen the Sox get something for Valdez.

WhteSox725
04-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I hear that Valentine guy the Sox used to have is tearing it up for the Dodgers. .409 Batting Average and only 4 Strikeouts. I sure hope he doesn't have an injury and tank the rest of the season which seemed to be the norm for him here. Last year didn't he get off to a hot start before he injured himself?

RKMeibalane
04-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I hear that Valentine guy the Sox used to have is tearing it up for the Dodgers. .409 Batting Average and only 4 Strikeouts. I sure hope he doesn't have an injury and tank the rest of the season which seemed to be the norm for him here. Last year didn't he get off to a hot start before he injured himself?

Yes, he did. Things went south after he injured his hamstring in Tampa Bay.

CHISOXFAN13
04-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Poof ... just like that Valdez is hitting .268.

Tekijawa
04-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Poof ... just like that Valdez is hitting .268.

Man I'm glad we gave up on that guy! What a waste of space he would have been on this team!

Ol' No. 2
04-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes, he did. Things went south after he injured his hamstring in Tampa Bay.I seem to remember him whiffing an ungodly amount in both the opening KC series and in NY.

CorkNKerrys
04-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah, that "Valentine" guy also blew a game for them last week on a dribbler down the third base line that lead to a game winning runs for the Giants in their home opener.

Here's the reason I bring it up: Jose Valentin's excuse for 'Buckner'ing the ball? Wait for it....

"I lost it in the chalk."

Swear to God. It was in the LA Times. He went on to explain that, as you may not know, the ball is white and so is the chalk.

His trimmed moustache and way too pampered eyebrows are just fine for the dodgers, but glad he's off the Sox.

fquaye149
04-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Tomorrow we'll get a chance to see 3 former Sox in the Mariners everyday line-up - Olivo, Reed and Valdez.

I don't want to go into the whole Olivo/Reed/Morse for Garcia trade again but I would like to have seen the Sox get something for Valdez.

We did. We got no more Billy Koch.

balke
04-15-2005, 12:00 AM
I think the KC pitcher just sucked really bad (shocking-teal) Soon after, Jeremy Reed hit a double that scored 2-3 runs. I don't miss any of these guys, I just couldn't believe Valdez hit the ball.

I don't care what Valenstache is batting, he flat out needed to go. Too many key errors, too much JOse jose jose chanting, too much money wasted on him contributing too little.

I'm going to love this Seattle series. Jeremy Reed is stacking up some doubles, I just hope Garcia gets a no-hitter in his start to shut people up for a while. Dye hitting the ball would help too.

mealfred13
04-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Good thing about Valentin, though. His glove blows, and I'm glad he's off the team for that, but I'm also glad to have him on my fantasy team for his offense. He can hit .230 with 40 errors on the year for all I care, as long as he gets me RBIs and HR....:bandance:

TheBull19
04-16-2005, 12:14 PM

I thought it was a mistake to let Valdez go - I thought he looked like he had the best glove and range amongst all the Sox infielders in the handful of ST games I went to this year, with the possible exception of Iguchi

TheBull19
04-16-2005, 12:15 PM
We did. We got no more Billy Koch.

hahaha

good point