PDA

View Full Version : Backpacks at the Cell?

haganaga
04-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Hi there folks,

I've only posted here once or twice but lurk often. Some friends & I are going to the game Saturday after playing some pick-up basketball. After playing we'd like to switch into some dry (i.e. not drenched in sweat) clothes but won't have enough time to go home. Thus we'll be bringing changes of clothes (& deoderant) in backpacks to our game, change afterward & hit the redline to get to the park.

Long story to ask if there is any policy at the Cell forbidding backpacks from being brought in?

thanks!

whitesoxwilkes
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Nope. You'll be fine with a normal-sized backpack.

BRDSR
04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
bringing...(deoderant)

Thank you. We all appreciate it.

I believe backpacks are allowed at the Cell, but they will ask you to open it up and they'll poke around at the gate. So...if you normall keep handheld weapons in your backpack, take them out before you get to the game. You shouldn't have a problem.

haganaga
04-14-2005, 03:17 PM
thanks!

DumpJerry
04-14-2005, 03:19 PM
No. MLB policy covers the size of bags. Generally, if it is small enough to be carry-on for a plane flight, you can bring it in. Leave all glass bottles and sharp objects at home. I think the Sox website (www.Whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com/)) has a link to the exact policy.

Rocklive99
04-14-2005, 03:21 PM
They're gonna check em, and I don't think you can bring food or drinks, but I don't think there's a problem unless they've changed something this year. I usually bring one because I hate pockets and don't want to lug around digi cam, cell phone, program, my M&M jacket if it's chilly, etc

Fake Chet Lemon
04-14-2005, 03:23 PM
You can bring in a store sealed bottled water container. If you opened and refilled one, it won't get in.

mike squires
04-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Na, I think your sweat will get lost with the sweet smells of brats, onions and beer. Hopefully I'm going Monday or Tuesday thanks to Krohnjw and his free tickets! Hopefully the wife feels up to it.

What about video cameras??? It would be cool to get some batting practice footage.

mweflen
04-14-2005, 03:24 PM
it's really a matter of how you play it. people who look or act suspicious generally get a harsher check. if you refill a storebought water bottle, but pull it out and show they guy quickly and nonchalantly, he's not going to inspect it.

it's ridiculous that we have to act like accused criminals in our own park, IMHO.

Tekijawa
04-14-2005, 03:32 PM
it's ridiculous that we have to act like accused criminals in our own park, IMHO.

:moron

"Criminals are all that fill that ball park and surrounding areas anyway, I'm for full body cavity searches for the lawless hordes that go there."

mweflen
04-14-2005, 03:39 PM
:moron

"Criminals are all that fill that ball park and surrounding areas anyway, I'm for full body cavity searches for the lawless hordes that go there."

Is this a direct quote from a Scum Times column? It sure sounds like one...:D:

DumpJerry
04-14-2005, 03:44 PM
..... my M&M jacket if it's chilly, etc
Cute! I wonder if anyone else caught that.....

If you wear a Flubs' hat, strip search time, BTW.

Iwritecode
04-14-2005, 03:59 PM
So...if you normally keep handheld weapons in your backpack, take them out before you get to the game.

I usually tuck mine into the waistband of my pants. It can cause trouble if you take off your shirt before you run out to attack the first-base coach though...

:redneck

daveeym
04-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Cute! I wonder if anyone else caught that.....

If you wear a Flubs' hat, strip search time, BTW. I caught that.

the gooch
04-14-2005, 04:26 PM
im good for some pickup ball before i go to the game saturday too. where you playin?

LauraJ14
04-14-2005, 04:57 PM
I had trouble last year bringing in a backpack, it fit within the size restraints that they give but this security guard insisted to me that backpacks were not allowed. I had to take it back to my car. I haven't tried again but I see people all the time with them in the park so maybe it was just that jerk of a security guard.

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I had trouble last year bringing in a backpack, it fit within the size restraints that they give but this security guard insisted to me that backpacks were not allowed. I had to take it back to my car. I haven't tried again but I see people all the time with them in the park so maybe it was just that jerk of a security guard. jerks that work security at sox games? that nevver happens!
be glad you didnt get the nazi/old lady ushers at wrigley
Gene