PDA

View Full Version : One more little rennovation idea!!

GiveMeSox
04-14-2005, 02:03 PM
I know there has been some discussion on whether the sox are really done with all their improvements. I think there is still one more little thing that the sox could do to make the outside of their park look really good. Since the sox have all but abondoned the whole Blue color sheme from the park and changed to black, grey, green, and such, why not the exterior arched windows. They still have their original blue tint, and the windows would look so much better and would transition so much better to the new UD if they were tinted dark grey or black (charcoal).

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41f98f44_1249f/bc/My+Documents/Upper+Deck2.jpg?bfLKsXCBJasuiQFI

Ballpark Frank
04-14-2005, 02:07 PM
I agree, thats an excellent idea. I was just thinking the other day that the outside of the park looked awkward with the new renovations/color scheme, and the windows' tint really affect how it looks.

mweflen
04-14-2005, 02:58 PM
:welcome:

I think it would be nice if they could decorate some of that ugly pink faux stucco on the exterior with some large hanging banners, depicting past sox greats. There really is no player commemoration outside the park. IT is present to very nice effect in Miwuakee and Cleveland.

SoxWillWin
04-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Something like this maybe??
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2689

HAR-OLD
04-14-2005, 03:59 PM
that picture does look awesome, but i say re-color the pinknessbut, forget the fake windows altogether, and where the recesses are for the fake windows, paint some murals depicting great sox players / moments in sox history

obviously that would cost a lot of dough

Charno
04-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I think they need to get rid of that stupid vestigal ramp leading in to the ballpark, and use that space for some bars / restaurants, so people actually have a place to go before and after the game. They could fill that whole street with real estate.

batmanZoSo
04-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Something like this maybe??
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2689

How about white with a touch of green like the old park? That was too sweet.

Hangar18
04-14-2005, 04:14 PM
I think they need to get rid of that stupid vestigal ramp leading in to the ballpark, and use that space for some bars / restaurants, so people actually have a place to go before and after the game. They could fill that whole street with real estate.

AGREEED. Say, that picture that was just posted, was the "pink" precast concrete supposed to be BRICKS INSTEAD? That would look awesome if someone could post a pic of our exterior with BRICKS instead

GiveMeSox
04-14-2005, 04:22 PM
AGREEED. Say, that picture that was just posted, was the "pink" precast concrete supposed to be BRICKS INSTEAD? That would look awesome if someone could post a pic of our exterior with BRICKS instead

Brick work is easy and tranistions well when it is used to cover the outside of conrete columns. Like the supports for the Fundamentals deck and all the brickword added to the columuns in the LD holding up the decks above. I dont know how well brickwork would transition into that precast pink stucco style stuff on the outside.

Stroker Ace
04-14-2005, 04:25 PM

YESSSS!!!!!!!

GiveMeSox
04-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey SoxWillWin do you think you could make one where you could show what the exterior arched windows would look like with a dark grey or charcaol like tint (color) instead of the blue.

SoxWillWin
04-14-2005, 04:49 PM
could try

GiveMeSox
04-14-2005, 05:34 PM
This is really really crude but this is what i was thinking.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41f98f44_1249f/bc/My+Documents/Upper+Deck2+New.jpg?bfUBvXCBtABhrfH8

C-Dawg
04-14-2005, 06:59 PM
There really is no player commemoration outside the park. IT is present to very nice effect in Miwuakee and Cleveland.

Well, they do have that "Sox All-Century" Team thing on the west side facing the parking lot, but I always felt it was so high up it was best viewed from a long way off, like up on the tracks going by out there.