PDA

View Full Version : Where is Gentleman Jim?

Infallible
04-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Just curious as to what happened to Jim Parque? I always enjoyed watching him out there throwing the ball here and there and hitting people inciting bench clears.....ah yes the good old days......

skottyj242
04-14-2005, 02:58 PM
A couple of years ago the Sox hosted an open house at Comiskey for season ticket holders, we had access to the whole park, clubhouses and all. I think the Mariners were just in town and on the dry erase board in the visitor's clubhouse there was a scouting report on all the Sox hitters...strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, ect...then to the right it had a "scouting report" on Parque, all it said was...Do you really need a scouting report to hit Parque? I was laughing histerically, I made my dad take a picture of it....which I still have.

Foulke You
04-14-2005, 03:46 PM
A couple of years ago the Sox hosted an open house at Comiskey for season ticket holders, we had access to the whole park, clubhouses and all. I think the Mariners were just in town and on the dry erase board in the visitor's clubhouse there was a scouting report on all the Sox hitters...strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, ect...then to the right it had a "scouting report" on Parque, all it said was...Do you really need a scouting report to hit Parque? I was laughing histerically, I made my dad take a picture of it....which I still have.

You HAVE to post that picture here. I gotta see it. :D:

Jjav829
04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Trying to steal Moronotti's job at the Sun Times.

jackbrohamer
04-14-2005, 04:42 PM
I always thought he was a loudmouth & a crybaby. IIRC in `01 he kept complaining that Manuel wouldn't let him finish games, Manuel responded by leaving him in longer & Parque then blew out his arm.

RKMeibalane
04-14-2005, 05:10 PM
I'll never forget Parque's fastball, or lack thereof. I'm convinced that if he were standing on a pitcher's mound and threw a fastball, I could...

1. Finish my laundry.
2. Return a book to the library.
3. Wash my car.
4. Continue my NBA2K2 season/franchise.
5. Have dinner with a beatiful woman.

...before the ball landed in the catcher's mitt.

cheeses_h_rice
04-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I'll never forget Parque giving up all those jacks to the Mariners in that one regular season game that Mike Cameron went completely nuts in.

That said, I'll also never forget Parque's gutsy performance in Game 1 of the 2000 ALDS. We shoulda won that one. *coughFolkecough*

chisox56
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
I believe he retired last year when he was on the diamondbacks.

Hangar18
04-14-2005, 05:25 PM
I'll never forget Parque giving up all those jacks to the Mariners in that one regular season game that Mike Cameron went completely nuts in.

That said, I'll also never forget Parque's gutsy performance in Game 1 of the 2000 ALDS. We shoulda won that one. *coughFolkecough*

He was playing hurt in both of those games .......

Lip Man 1
04-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Actually the game was was blown because for some God forsaken reason, Jerry 'doofus' Manuel decides to put in a rookie, Chad Bradford in a key situation with the Sox holding a 4-3 lead.

He promptly gave up the game tying hit.

That game was lost far earlier then when Foulke got into it.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
04-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Actually the game was was blown because for some God forsaken reason, Jerry 'doofus' Manuel decides to put in a rookie, Chad Bradford in a key situation with the Sox holding a 4-3 lead.

He promptly gave up the game tying hit.

That game was lost far earlier then when Foulke got into it.

Lip

The game was tied in the 10th when Foulke gave up 2 homers that scored 3 runs, IIRC. Bradford was partly responsible, though; I'd forgotten about that.

Mark Buehrle
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Isn't Parque pitching in the Minors for the Devil Rays? If he isn't he was like...last year or something.