PDA

View Full Version : Master Online Ticket Discount List

mweflen
04-14-2005, 12:15 PM
codes to enter are in bold. use the "buy multiple tickets" option to reduce the number of ticketbastard fees.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws
-----------------
FRI SEP 2 7:05 DET - NMH ($10 off)
SAT SEP 10 TBD ANA - BUL
SAT SEP 24 6:05 MIN - AON

note: many or all of these discounts disallow buying UDR seats, as well as some other sections. All tickets have a $4 surcharge per ticket (:angry:). But if you cart them together (up to 6 at a time) you can avoid paying $3 extra apiece per transaction on the other 5 sets.

It looks like Bulls and AON nights at least expire a week or so before the day of game. So get them early!

Edits: removed expired promotions. GET THOSE DISCOUNTS EARLY BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR!

mweflen
04-14-2005, 12:16 PM
anyone else with instructions on how to get paper coupons (like the "Granton" books), please add!

chisoxmike
04-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Wow, thanks.

Ol' No. 2
That's only 25 games. Do you mean we're going to have to pay FULL PRICE for the other 56 games? What a ripoff!

mweflen
That's only 25 games. Do you mean we're going to have to pay FULL PRICE for the other 56 games? What a ripoff!

I know. Seriously. :tongue:

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 12:23 PM
this team is messed up.....they offer discounts to tickets that can sell at full price(lower deck), but not to seats that remain empty 9/10 of the time?

Gene

Tekijawa
04-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Some of those are some QUALITY nights! UIC night is Elvis night, If it wasn't for my Buddies wedding I'd be all over those!

mweflen
04-14-2005, 12:26 PM
this team is messed up.....they offer discounts to tickets that can sell at full price(lower deck), but not to seats that remain empty 9/10 of the time?

Gene

you're preaching to the choir, brother... if those tix had been available, i would have likely purchased 4 or 5 more sets - meaning a couple hundred more $$$ for the Sox.

dllrbll7
04-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Can u take the code to the park and bypass the fees??

mweflen
04-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Can u take the code to the park and bypass the fees??

i seriously doubt it, but you're welcome to try. it might be hard to pretend to be a Japanese-American fireman who graduated from UIC, over 62, employed by AON, NMH and the Post Office, and have Bulls Season tickets, all at the same time. :D:

DumpJerry
04-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Mods: should this be stuck?

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 12:50 PM
i seriously doubt it, but you're welcome to try. it might be hard to pretend to be a Japanese-American fireman who graduated from UIC, over 62, employed by AON, NMH and the Post Office, and have Bulls Season tickets, all at the same time. :D:
:reinsy

i double dog dare you to try and take my money away from me! i'm a ticketbastard sharholder!

mweflen
04-14-2005, 01:11 PM
:reinsy

i double dog dare you to try and take my money away from me! i'm a ticketbastard sharholder!

I'll do anything it takes to keep a few more dollars in my pocket. Sell or Die!:sellreinsy

Bobbo35
04-14-2005, 02:14 PM

Gene

Seriously, I do not understand the logic behind the ticket sales. Let's have less people in the stands when they know that the reason why people do not go of the expense. They can make so much more money that way if they offer half price in the upper decks.

irish rover
04-14-2005, 02:17 PM
speaking of discounts, they are predicting mid 70's for temp on Mon and Tues. good weather to get a good crowd out against the enemiks

mweflen
04-14-2005, 02:20 PM
speaking of discounts, they are predicting mid 70's for temp on Mon and Tues. good weather to get a good crowd out against the enemiks

Already going to both! sunday, too! woo hooooo! I may even get "Onnn myyyy Feeet!" when they do the stupid individual lineup announcement.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Seriously, I do not understand the logic behind the ticket sales. Let's have less people in the stands when they know that the reason why people do not go of the expense. They can make so much more money that way if they offer half price in the upper decks.

It's not that simple. Then they would have to refund EVERYBODY who paid full price for an upper-deck seat. And that's going to be plenty of people this summer with the way the Sox are playing. You also don't want to cheapen the product. U.S. Automakers can no longer sell a car now without huge rebates. That infers their cars are lower quality than imports, and they can't break the cycle now.

whitesoxwilkes
04-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Mods: should this be stuck?

Done.

mweflen
04-14-2005, 02:27 PM
It's not that simple. Then they would have to refund EVERYBODY who paid full price for an upper-deck seat. And that's going to be plenty of people this summer with the way the Sox are playing. You also don't want to cheapen the product. U.S. Automakers can no longer sell a car now without huge rebates. That infers their cars are lower quality than imports, and they can't break the cycle now.

There's something to be said for this theory, but there's also something to be said for the fact that 90% of the time, regardless of team record, tumbleweeds blow through these sections. If no one were buying American autos at all, would you say they had to stay firm on prices?

They ought to have $5 UD seats monday through thursday, all year, and just do away with Half Price Mondays, Pepsi Tuesdays, Full Moon of Month s With "R" In Them Wednesdays, and all the other arcane promos. That way, they keep the value of popular seats (LD) up, but offer a very fan and family-friendly discount on unpopular seats.

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Already going to both! sunday, too! woo hooooo! I may even get "Onnn myyyy Feeet!" when they do the stupid individual lineup announcement. i got your voucher request today, you may get it as early as tomorrow, themn maybe you can go to saturday's game too!
Gene

mweflen
04-14-2005, 02:30 PM
i got your voucher request today, you may get it as early as tomorrow, themn maybe you can go to saturday's game too!
Gene

okay, i'm a big fan, but 4 days in a row maaaay be a bit too much, even for me. :D: i'll probably use all 8 for the september game, and bring a big bunch of friends.

shoota
04-14-2005, 02:30 PM

:)

and thanks for helping out your fellow Sox fans. :gulp:

ewokpelts
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM

mweflen
04-19-2005, 12:32 PM
here's the pdf for the sox/bulls nights:(no service fees on orders faxed or mailed)

http://app.subscribermail.com/htmltemp/chbulls_assets/Bulls_Family_Night.pdf

Gene

schweet! however, won't a Bulls account number be necessary for these? have any to post?

ewokpelts
04-19-2005, 12:51 PM
schweet! however, won't a Bulls account number be necessary for these? have any to post?naw.....dont need it...
Gene

ewokpelts
04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
codes to enter are in bold. use the "buy multiple tickets" option to reduce the number of ticketbastard fees.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws
-----------------
SAT APR 30 6:05 DET - AON, 1/2 off, AON employee night
SUN MAY 1 2:05 DET - BUL, 1/2 off, Bulls Season tix holder night
THU MAY 5 1:05 KC - senior discount, 1/3 off, no code
THU MAY 12 7:05 BAL - PEN, postal employee night, 1/2 off
FRI MAY 13 7:05 BAL - UAN, BTF, United Airlines and Ballys night, 1/2 off
SAT MAY 14 6:05 BAL - NMH, AON, Northwestern Mem. Hosp. night, 1/2 off
TUE MAY 17 7:05 TEX - BUL
WED MAY 18 1:05 TEX - senior discount, 1/3 off, no code
SAT JUN 4 3:05 CLE - AON
SUN JUN 5 2:05 CLE - BUL
TUE JUN 14 7:05 ARI - BUL
WED JUN 22 1:05 KC - senior discount, 1/3 off, no code
WED JUL 6 7:05 TB - BUL
FRI JUL 8 7:05 OAK - UAN
SAT JUL 9 6:05 OAK - LIB, AON Librarian Discount, 1/2 off
WED JUL 20 1:05 DET - senior discount, 1/3 off, no code
TUE AUG 2 7:05 TOR - PFN Police and Fire night, 1/2 off
WED AUG 3 7:05 TOR - GEN, BUL government employee night, 1/2 off
THU AUG 4 1:05 TOR - senior discount, 1/3 off, no code
FRI AUG 5 7:05 SEA - UIC UIC alumni night, 20% off
SAT AUG 6 6:05 SEA - AON, JCN Japan-American Community night, 1/3 off
WED AUG 17 7:05 MIN - BUL
FRI SEP 2 7:05 DET - NMH
SAT SEP 10 TBD ANA - BUL
SAT SEP 24 6:05 MIN - AON

note: many or all of these discounts disallow buying UDR seats, as well as some other sections. All tickets have a $4 surcharge. But if you cart them together (6 at a time) you can avoid paying $3 extra apiece on the other 5 sets.
Here's the pepsi code: 01201303

gene

kevingrt
04-19-2005, 05:02 PM
You and ewoks are gods on this board!

OG4LIFE
04-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Gene

how much more of a financial incentive do people need to buy UD tickets?!? free?

jeez...

mweflen
04-19-2005, 11:10 PM
how much more of a financial incentive do people need to buy UD tickets?!? free?

jeez...

$14-28 is NOT a good price for UDR seats. Look around the league.

Cat Thief
04-20-2005, 11:51 AM

No space to put in a code for this game on TM. :whiner:

mweflen
04-20-2005, 12:07 PM

No space to put in a code for this game on TM. :whiner:

indeed there isn't. perhaps there is an expiration. i took it off the list. Looks like Sunday May 1 has also expired (was a Bulls night)

C-Dawg
04-20-2005, 12:13 PM
indeed there isn't. perhaps there is an expiration. i took it off the list. Looks like Sunday May 1 has also expired (was a Bulls night)

Ah, that explains it; I was just looking at May 1 also and couldn't see where to enter the code. :?:

kevingrt
05-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Do you need to be a senior to purchase the senior discount or can you cheat?

ewokpelts
05-05-2005, 05:06 PM
shhhhhh...option b.....

Gene

kevingrt
05-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Any reason the Bally Total Fitness promo code isn't working when typed in? And what is the extra promo for Wednesday's day game in May versus the Texas? That is May 18 to be exact

mweflen
05-06-2005, 10:35 AM

Just be a senior in spirit. Complain about everything.

Oh wait, that should't be a problem for Sox fans... :D:

mweflen
05-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Any reason the Bally Total Fitness promo code isn't working when typed in? And what is the extra promo for Wednesday's day game in May versus the Texas? That is May 18 to be exact

The BTF code works, but the Friday May 13 game may be nearling a sellout. I can't stress enough, these codes and ticket sales online in general seem to expire 2-5 days before the game.

The code isn't working when you get the message "That code is not in our system"

I just checked a random sample of the codes in advance, and they're all still working. If the code window does not appear for the date in question, it may be that they have allotted numbers of 'coded' ticket sales, and that limit had been passed. Buy early!

GiveMeSox
05-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Has anyone else noticed how when you use this codes its like of the 40,000 seats say they only allow some 10% to be sold at the discount. So even if there are 20,000 seats left it could say no seats available when using the code. Its like airlines only x amount of all seats are sold at the lower fare, the rest at regular price. Kinda shady, but still first come first serve.

brewcrew/chisox
05-08-2005, 09:51 AM
And what is the extra promo for Wednesday's day game in May versus the Texas? That is May 18 to be exact

I'd like to know this one as well, as I am planning on attending the game and would rather not go as a senior (not that wouldn't though).

mweflen
05-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Edited the main post to reflect expired discounts. No idea what the "Blank" code is.

brewcrew/chisox
05-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, has anyone here ever used the Senior discount tickets without being a senior? Does the ticket have "Senior Discount" on it; what are the odds of me getting in if I buy one with the discount?

Thanks

WhiteSox16K
05-10-2005, 12:07 AM
"Purchase up to four half-price tickets to all Chicago White Sox games played on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday at U.S. Cellular Field for the remaining 2005 regular baseball season." link (http://www.autoclubgroup.com/chicago/savings/partner_results.asp?vendorID=4217&keyword=white+sox)

I found this today for all of you with AAA cards. I think Thursday just became my favorite day of the week with half price tickets and dollar dogs. Too bad they only have 3 Thursday home games between now and August (that's including this Thurday's against Baltimore).

mweflen
05-10-2005, 01:46 PM
"Purchase up to four half-price tickets to all Chicago White Sox games played on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday at U.S. Cellular Field for the remaining 2005 regular baseball season." link (http://www.autoclubgroup.com/chicago/savings/partner_results.asp?vendorID=4217&keyword=white+sox)

I found this today for all of you with AAA cards. I think Thursday just became my favorite day of the week with half price tickets and dollar dogs. Too bad they only have 3 Thursday home games between now and August (that's including this Thurday's against Baltimore).

That's a pretty good deal, it is day of game however. But since it is at the BO, you don't get any online fees. Definitely worth looking into, esp. if you have a family member or friend with a card.

kevingrt
05-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Well, has anyone here ever used the Senior discount tickets without being a senior? Does the ticket have "Senior Discount" on it; what are the odds of me getting in if I buy one with the discount?

Thanks

Yeah, if I leave them at Will Call will the people check me or just let me throught? Questions with answers needed...

nug0hs
05-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Just got 2 lower reserved for the Sunday June 5th game vs. Cleveland (Bulls Season Ticket Holder Night). Only a few lower deck seats left so use that code before its gone!:)

Mr. White Sox
06-06-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah, i don't understand these promos; are you going to have to present a form of ID proving you're from united airlines/bulls season ticket holder/etc. or will they just let you in?

mweflen
06-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah, if I leave them at Will Call will the people check me or just let me throught? Questions with answers needed...

Shoot, they won't check you. They can hardly FIND the tickets at will call, let alone get creative with checking people. Besides - an actual season ticket holder might be leaving them for someone else. There is no feasible way to screen people who pick up tickets at the window for things like that.

Sad
06-10-2005, 09:11 AM
what's the code for Thur Aug 4 vs Toronto?

I know somebody who is looking to buy 2 seats for that game

mweflen
06-10-2005, 09:54 AM
no idea. we have no clues for the dates which only say "promotional code."

anyone who knows one or more codes not listed would be much appreciated if they shared.

ewokpelts
06-18-2005, 11:25 AM
WED. Games have a "all star" discount. 4 bucks off(eats the service fees).
CODE IS : VAS

Gene

mweflen
06-30-2005, 04:04 PM
WED. Games have a "all star" discount. 4 bucks off(eats the service fees).
CODE IS : VAS

Gene
added your code to the main list.

BiggWilli
07-13-2005, 12:01 PM
As a new member i thank you

ks_8999
08-16-2005, 11:59 AM
On Ticketmaster, the FRI SEP 9 game vs. Angels prompts for a special code for a discount. I cannot find the code in this thread, anyone know what this is, and what is the discount?

dademz1
08-25-2005, 03:55 PM
They have the same thing on 9/2 I am perplexed :)

D

itsnotrequired
08-30-2005, 09:24 PM
September 20th: SNP

$12 in Sec. 160. Hope you like knitting...it is part of "Stitch 'n Pitch".

http://www.gapersblock.com/news/archives/2005/08/index.php#009591

Supposedly a few hundred tickets available. Expires September 6.