PDA

View Full Version : Do the Yankees and Red Sox play anyone else this year?

Tekijawa
04-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Just wondering, I'm sick of hearing about them playing each other for what must be about the 25th time this season already. When will ESPN figure out that 85% of the rest of the country could care less about those two teams and even less about when they play each other!!!

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Just wondering, I'm sick of hearing about them playing each other for what must be about the 25th time this season already. When will ESPN figure out that 85% of the rest of the country could care less about those two teams and even less about when they play each other!!!
:tool
yank-mees and blo-sawks games are good for baseball...i mean good for tv ratings....

Stroker Ace
04-14-2005, 04:33 PM

Or when it seemed that every Sawks-Devil Rays game was on ESPN.

Ol' No. 2
04-14-2005, 05:02 PM
:boston We've arranged for them to play the Twins so I can sate my fixation on Joe Mauer. Other than that, why bother?

JB98
04-14-2005, 05:20 PM
ESPN does not seem to understand that the AL East is the least interesting division in baseball. The Yankees win every year. The Red Sox finish second. The rest of the teams have no chance. Why even play the season?

Fenway
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
ESPN does not seem to understand that the AL East is the least interesting division in baseball. The Yankees win every year. The Red Sox finish second. The rest of the teams have no chance. Why even play the season?

1. Because usually the games are good ones

2. Because neither the Red Sox or Yankees are in a superstation mode like the Cubs and Braves ESPN is the only way for fans of both teams outside the Northeast to see them.

Indians/White Sox is going into the Northeast just like the past 2 games were. I am sure somebody in Maine is screaming THE WHITE SOX again?

Palehose Pete
04-15-2005, 01:05 AM
I am so sick of hearing how the Yankee and Boston fans are "dedicated fans" whenever they brawl with each other or with the opposing team but when any other team's fans make the inexusable decision to rumble on the field of play or in the stands, they're considered "animals" and reproachable. Ticks me off, I tells ya. :angry: Yank-mee and Baaaa-ston fans are no more dedicated to their teams and contain just as many a-holes as any other sample of fans from any other major league team. To excuse what Boston and Yankee fans do to the opposing players and to each other practically every time to they meet simply because they are Boston and Yankee fans, and, well, "passionate" about the game is an insult to every serious baseball fan. I'm talking to you, National Media.

DumpJerry
04-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Teki: to answer your question: No. Keeps travel costs down.

BTW, if both the Yanks and BoSox are eliminated from Post season play, I understand Baseball Tonight will have its final broadcast Oct 2. With the Yanks, BoSox and Flubs not in playoffs, there will no reason to broadcast.

PAPChiSox729
04-15-2005, 10:07 PM
It always cracks me up when ESPN makes each regular season game as a new chapter in the Yanks-BoSox rivalry. They will play each other 19 times in the regular season! Not every game is the most important since it is Yanks-BoSox. Last time I checked, Toronto was in first. Not that that will last, but shouldn't that be of some interest?