PDA

View Full Version : Sox at Work. Do you show your Allegiance?

Hangar18
04-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Besides having the radio tuned to any day games, I have my
83 Fisk Bobblehead & 04 Big Frank (in black jersey) Bobbleheads
on my desk.

Also have a nice picture of Konerko Hi5'ing
someone after a win at home, taped to my desk too.
Throw in a Sox coffee mug and magnetic schedule hanging
by my window (which Orioles and BlueJays frequently fly-by)
and noone will mistake me for a casual fan.

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I have a Frank Thomas bobblehead, a white sox calendar, a white sox game schedule, and a pretty big picture of the Sox celebrating at home plate.

And since I always run my mouth about the Sox, everyone knows there is no bigger Sox fan at my company.

Iwritecode
04-14-2005, 10:51 AM
on my desk.

I have a Sox mousepad, a Frank Thomas coffee mug, two Frank Thomas "beenie babies" (one is road gray and the other is home pinstripes), Sox wallpaper on my computer and a Sox screen saver.

Our dress code is "business casual" which means we have to wear dress pants and a shirt with a collar. Luckily I have a Sox polo shirt that I can wear at least once a week.

:)

cubsuck
04-14-2005, 10:56 AM
I've got a Sox screensaver of course.

An old Mags McFarlane figure on my speakers...

White Sox 5950 - All Star Game cap on top of my CUBE!!!

I need more stuff though!!!

-Cubsuck

P.S. I can't wait for the 3 Sox games comin' up down here in Tampa!!!

Frater Perdurabo
04-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I have a 5-feet wide by 3-feet tall Sox flag hanging with velcro tape on the wall in my office opposite my desk. So when I look up from my Macintosh, the first thing I see is my Sox flag.
:bandance:

On opening day, I wore my Sox jersey to work. I work at a community college so every day is casual day. I wear jeans on days when I'm not teaching and shorts in the summer.

When the weather calls for it, I wear my Sox jacket (vintage 1992) to work (and to run errands and to church, etc.).

Frater Perdurabo
04-14-2005, 11:00 AM

-Cubsuck

Before I re-built my office Mac, I had a photo of the Cell from the 2000 playoffs as my desktop image. If anyone can locate a large, high-res image of the Cell filled to the brim, (post renovations), I'll make it my new desktop image.

anewman35
04-14-2005, 11:01 AM
I have a Sox bobblehead (a replica of the giant bobbleheads they had for the 2003 all-star game), two pennents, a calender (which is almost done, sigh), a box of kleenix, and a schedule.

mweflen
04-14-2005, 11:04 AM
white sox pc wallpaper, white sox schedule and pic of comiskey II pinned to my bulletin board, and a white sox hat half the time. plus, lots of white sox-oriented smack talk for any Flub fans who happen across my path.

eriqjaffe
04-14-2005, 11:07 AM
I've got a wallpaper program which randomly chooses one of 76 different files to display, a screensaver, a McFarlane Maggs figure, a framed sheet of 1983 World Series tickets, and a static-cling logo sticker in the glass cube wall that faces the outside corridor.

tlebar318
04-14-2005, 11:10 AM

-Cubsuck

I am going to be at those games in Tampa too--looking forward to it! As far as what I have in my office I have a poster of Big Frank, a model of Old Comiskey, a 1983 Sox Hat, and a full compliment of Sox Screen Savers set as a slide show on my computer. Go Sox! :bandance:

fquaye149
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
where do you guys get your sox screensavers, if you don't mind me asking?

HebrewHammer
04-14-2005, 11:34 AM
I always wear my Sox Pride wristband and I have a few memorable ticket stubs on my cubicle.

LongLiveFisk
04-14-2005, 11:42 AM
I have the Sox schedule taped up and my Sox mousepad on display. I also wear my Sox jacket during the baseball season.

TDog
04-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Although I live three time zones from Chicago, my supervisor (who worked in Chicago a couple of years and says he learned when he was there that it was important to hate the Sox) is a Cubs fan. Recently, another former Chicagoan and Cubs fan was re-located to our area. He does a lot of unprovoked ripping on the Sox. Since last fall, they've been ripping on Sosa too.

Yesterday my supervisor complained that when he woke up, he saw the Cubs were already down 4-0 and hadn't batted yet -- "getting punked by the Padres." I said I have a ticket stub from attending the 1984 World Series and was told by the other Cubs fan that 1984 didn't happen. It is important for my productivity at work that the Cubs lose every day.

The short answer to the thread question is no.

Jerko
04-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I HAD a Magglio bobble head on my desk. Now I have a little plaque with all the unis thru the years, and about 6 pins that are framed pretty nicely in a glass frame. Oh, and a coffee cup.

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 12:03 PM
I have a Sox bobblehead (a replica of the giant bobbleheads they had for the 2003 all-star game), two pennents, a calender (which is almost done, sigh), a box of kleenix, and a schedule.they are giving out calendars this weekend
Gene

infohawk
04-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I've got a White Sox Troll perched atop my computer monitor. I also post Sox pictures and clips on my office door. The pictures typically come from the creative minds on this site. For instance, the frustrations of the last two seasons prompted me to put up a "White Sox Corpseball" picture, a picture with Billy Koch that read something like "Wanted: 2002 Billy Koch" and, after Marte's epic collapse in last year's season opener, a picture that read "here's to you Mr. 4 run lead blower." Oh, I also had a picture that read "White Sox Baseball: Taking Underachieving To A New Level." I have taken them down because we are in a new season. Hopefully, I will have some positive stuff to put up throughout this year.

Finally, I often wear my White Sox jacket during the winter months. Everyone pretty much knows I'm die-hard.

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 12:05 PM
i dont really have an office at my job, so i dont have any sox stuff up, but i do wear sox gear at work(they wont let me wear a hat at all now, but it was mostly a sox hat)
Gene

Iwritecode
04-14-2005, 12:11 PM
where do you guys get your sox screensavers, if you don't mind me asking?

Mine is kinda "homemade".

I have it set to 3D flying objects, textured flag. Then I used a Sox symbol as the texture.

Basically, it looks like a Sox flag waving in the wind that drifts around the screen. :D:

Iwritecode
04-14-2005, 12:13 PM
This reminds me, did anyone ever get that screen shot of the "Win or Die trying at the end of the TV commercial?

I would love to have that as a wallpaper.

FightingBillini
04-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Before I re-built my office Mac, I had a photo of the Cell from the 2000 playoffs as my desktop image. If anyone can locate a large, high-res image of the Cell filled to the brim, (post renovations), I'll make it my new desktop image.
Check out the wallpapers on Chicagosports.com. They have an overhead shot of the Cell from 2000. The park it full, so it might have been the playoffs.

Mickster
04-14-2005, 12:37 PM
I have a framed US Cell picture called "Top of the 5th" which is a Sox-Cubs panoramic that is 42x18, Buehrle Bobble head, a S-O-X ceramic logo, Sox calendar, Sox flag, etc. Kinda' silly, actually, when I think about it.... :smile:

Foulke You
04-14-2005, 12:46 PM
In my cube: I have a matted Comiskey Park photo from a 2003 night game vs the Yankees, a mini Sox helmet above my computer monitor, a giant poster of Freddy Garcia in his Sox uniform with the tagline "Big Addition", a Sox mousepad, a Sox squishy ball sandwiched between my keyboard and monitor, and yet another picture of Comiskey Park that says "celebrating 100 years of White Sox baseball", Various Sox wallpaper on my monitors, and I am always wearing my Sox hat at work and on days of big games like Sox vs Cubs or Sox vs Twins I will wear one of my jerseys to work.

Nobody at work ever has to question which baseball team I root for.:cool:

Foulke You
04-14-2005, 12:47 PM
BTW, it is nice to see I'm not the only "Sox Nerd" who decorates his work space with White Sox memorbilia.:cool:

Jerko
04-14-2005, 12:48 PM
I forgot, I also have an 8 by 10 photo of the scoreboard weclcoming our group for a group outing.

SSN721
04-14-2005, 12:48 PM
I have the Iguchi Immigration Application ad as my wallpaper on my computer. Also wear a jersey on occasion (not too often because with my job they can get dirty easy at my job). I wear one of my several Sox hats at least 3 days out of the week.

skottyj242
04-14-2005, 12:55 PM
I work on a trading floor downtown and on my trading jacket I have two Sox pins, a Nellie Fox pin (my dad's favorite) and a Cubs pin with a line through it. I also have speakers on my computer and I alway have the "Go Go White Sox Fight Song" always on cue and play it before every day game so everyone can hear. Nobody questions my loyalty.

bluestar
04-14-2005, 12:59 PM
I also have the framed "Top of the Fifth" panoramic photo on my wall. Behind my desk is a framed Bugs Bunny cell that shows Bugs as the Sox catcher apparently tagging out the Tazmanian Devil, who is biting his bat in half while Daffy Duck, the umpire, calls Taz out. I recently moved into a much bigger office with more wall space, and I have another Sox lithograph I plan to have framed and hang. On top of some shelves on one side of my office, I have an autographed Frank Thomas baseball, an Original Comiskey Park Brick, and a Fisk bobblehead. On the bulletin board next to my desk I have a Sox logo sticker. I had the wall calendar the last two years, but they always have players that are no longer part of the team, so I didn't get one this year.

Since I live in Nashville, my obvious Sox love generates a lot of questions and conversations with visitors to my office. As a matter of fact, I have met a few fellow Sox fans, mostly transplanted Chicagoans, here in Nashville as a result.

Iwritecode
04-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I had the wall calendar the last two years, but they always have players that are no longer part of the team, so I didn't get one this year.

Same thing here. I've switched to Dilbert calendars now. I can relate to him really well. :smile:

robiwho
04-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I got the 2005 calendar for Christmas, so it's on the bulletin board right above my monitor. Konerko is the poster boy this month -- I don't know what I'm going to do in September when it's Maggs...

I also have last year's and this year's pocket schedules on my bulletin board and a Paulie bobblehead on my windowsill. Add to that my Sox Pride logo on the desktop and Sox Pride wristband and you know what the loyalties are in MY office.

Last summer, our tech guy was in my office fixing something and when he sat down at my computer he said (voice dripping with contempt), "You're a SOX fan?" I gave him a cold look and said, "You got a problem with that?" and he completely backed down and said it was cool. The funniest part of this is that I'm all of 5'2" and female and he was a really big guy. I guess our reputation proceeds us. :cool:

chuckn98229
04-14-2005, 02:01 PM
My Washington State license plate is WHT SOX, so they know what I am when I drive into the parking lot! (Although, believe it or not, today is my last day of work. I am retiring after 32 years with the company!!!) I also have the 'Choke' cub-logo picture on my door - it has been there since October 2003! On my whiteboard, I have a small business card that says: 'I would rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother who's a cub fan'. I think most folks here at the refinery know that I am a fan of the only major league baseball team in Chicago!

cubsuck
04-14-2005, 02:05 PM
I also have a 2004 White Sox Media Guide I picked up working for the Yankees during spring training down here. Ever since the Sox left, Florida hasn't been the same. What's up with everyone goin' out to Arizona????

-Cubsuck

maurice
04-14-2005, 02:17 PM
I have the Iguchi Immigration Application ad taped to my door, various Sox wallpapers (currently B-Mac), 8.5" x 11" PDF Sox schedule, Minnie bobblehead, '83 Sox hat, and Sox Pride wristband.

eriqjaffe
04-14-2005, 02:41 PM
where do you guys get your sox screensavers, if you don't mind me asking?Mine is just a collection (778 at last count) of Sox pictures from all eras. Most of them were just pulled from Google searches, eBay auctions, and the like. I also scanned in a bunch of my baseball cards. I just use the standard Windows XP "My Pictures Slideshow" screensaver, run on a black background.

Before I had XP here at work, I used to use the freeware Picture & Sound Show (http://www.joeltechnologies.com/PSindex.html), which has lots of nice transitional effects.

Church Turtle
04-14-2005, 02:43 PM
OK, on the computer I have the slide-show screen saver with a ton of SOX pix I've down loaded (I also have some other interests thrown in), I have a SOX calendar, I have two framed photos that I took at the old Comiskey (they're blown up to 8X10 size), I have a little snap shot caddy that has various photos in it and the one I keep displayed the most is a shot of me holding my son up at his first SOX game, I've got hanging on one wall a 100 year anniv. SOX pennant, on another I have a poster of the old park made to look like a newspaper page from the opening of the park in 1910, I have hung up the Iguchi imigration add on the bulletin board along with photos of Rowand and Podsednik from ESPN -the magazine, and I have a couple of plastic Coke glasses from the 1989 season that I hung on to (I keep pens and things in them)(One features SOX HOFers and the other celebrates the 1959 season. I have a variety of hats, so sometimes I wear my pale hose hat to work, but it's in a rotation. And we're business casual too I guess. I've never worn a jersey or a T-shirt to the office.

Oh, and
:threadrules:

DumpJerry
04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I am very obnoxious in the office and love it!

Whenever the Sox do something good, I talk about it loudly with this other Sox fan in the office for all to hear. When the Flubs do poorly, I express my condolences in my most sincere voice to the Flub fans who refuse to make eye contact with me. I wonder why they won't look at me or respond. Today, one of the main Flub fans came up to me and said I had to admit that Prior looked good yesterday (first start). I replied that the Flubs have good duct tape and Prior's elbow must be killing him right now. She shook her head and left.....

My favorite day was the morning after Scammy broke his baseball bat. They dove for cover under the desks since there was nothing positive they could say to me. I just walked around the office with a big s-eatin' grin on my face. Did not have to say a word.

Then there were the days after Games 6 and 7 of the 2003 NLCS.:D:

Bobbo35
04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I am a teacher, which makes things hard for the classroom, but I still find my ways...I have a white sox bulletin board with some Sox stickers, a 2004 team picture, a picture with Big Frank and I and a banner above the board. I also had a cool poster of mags, which since has been put to rest. I also have a cool screensaveer. Kids try to take my stuff of the board because they are cub fans that have no sense, but there are stiff punishments for that.

DumpJerry
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I am a teacher, which makes things hard for the classroom, but I still find my ways...I have a white sox bulletin board with some Sox stickers, a 2004 team picture, a picture with Big Frank and I and a banner above the board. I also had a cool poster of mags, which since has been put to rest. I also have a cool screensaveer. Kids try to take my stuff of the board because they are cub fans that have no sense, but there are stiff punishments for that.
What is the punishment? Making them listen to Stoney with Balsa Wood and Dusty Rusty in the room with them?:cool:

I'd rather listen to fingernails on a blackboard and five cats fighting than the whining that would be going on in that room.:D:

Mark
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't have too much...loose cards of Soderholm, Durham and Thigpen in my desk (a co-worker cleaned out his closets a few years ago and passed them along) and a coffee mug, circa 1973 (roughly), with Ed Herrmann, Eddie Leon and Pat Kelly currently looking down at me from a shelf. If I flip the mug around, it's Ken Henderson, Stan Bahnsen and Dick Allen. Oh, and a Sox garbage can which a co-worker got me as a Secret Santa present a few years ago.

Sox&Springsteen
04-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I spend all day at work reading this website. Does that count?:o: :tongue::D:

DumpJerry
04-14-2005, 03:22 PM
It most certainly does! :welcome:

Hangar18
04-14-2005, 04:00 PM

Everytime someone posts from some distant city or far-away land,
Im always amazed, and shows how hard-core we really are.
god bless Sox Fans

ma_deuce
04-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I have a Sox wristband on my desk along with my Pudge bobblehead.

Deuce

wildcat
04-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I have the schedule posted, and I listen to the day games on the radio. Once I get around to buying some attire I'm sure I'll wear it to work, especially on days when I'm going straight to the game.

And I missed work twice in the past week to go to Sox games and was very open about why I was missing work. That's got to count for something, right?

bafiarocks03
04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
well i wear my sox hoody everyday, and sometimes my sox earrings, and my whole locker is white sox! and stuff!

batmanZoSo
04-14-2005, 04:18 PM
I have to wear a polo shirt to work and I keep it unbuttoned, so whenever the crosstown series is on I wear a Sox undershirt that has a little logo up near the collar so it's visible.

Shorty1983
04-14-2005, 04:30 PM
No office job but I have a locker and on front I have a White Sox logo sticker. Also wear my sox pride bracelet on a daily basis.

On my laptop I have sox animated logo. Courtesy of WSI.

XplodingScorbord
04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I have my pens & pencils in my 1983 Western Division Champs beer stein, and a great shot of Old Comiskey as my desktop.

Go Sox!

bluestar
04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
I got the 2005 calendar for Christmas, so it's on the bulletin board right above my monitor. Konerko is the poster boy this month -- I don't know what I'm going to do in September when it's Maggs...

Last year was the worst I think. D'Angelo Jimenez was even featured one month!

When I would have a month where a player was featured that was no longer with the Sox, I would take an x-acto knife and cut the picture off. The previous month's featured player would then be displayed with the current month. The results were that one player was featured for multiple months, but it was better than having a non-Sox player up there.

bafiarocks03
04-14-2005, 05:15 PM

When I would have a month where a player was featured that was no longer with the Sox, I would take an x-acto knife and cut the picture off. The previous month's featured player would then be displayed with the current month. The results were that one player was featured for multiple months, but it was better than having a non-Sox player up there.

hey now..Come on D'Angelo is awesome!

Mark Buehrle
04-14-2005, 05:44 PM
I have a Paul Konerko bobble head in my room and in the den, my dad's 1983 Division Champions mug.

Foulke You
04-14-2005, 06:22 PM

LOL! I used to do the same thing except I didn't use the surgical precision of an xacto knife, i just folded and ripped.:cool:

SpammySosa
04-14-2005, 06:28 PM
With a lot of you having office jobs,you're ruining our reputation as blue collar fans.:wink:
I wear my Sox hat with "Jordan 45" on the back every day and on occasion am able to wear various Sox shirts.But mostly I show my allegiance verbally,as there are only 2 Sox fans besides myself and a lot of ScRubs fans and Wrigley fans.

Realist
04-14-2005, 06:35 PM
I stand behind a bar that's four blocks away from the Urinal wearing my Sox Pride t-shirt and I serve drinks to drunk Cubs fans wearing their clown suits. If the drunken fools in the clown suits start giving me any crap, I start flinging it back at them twice as hard.

Just last nite it happened. There was a Cardinals fan in the bar telling me he wants me to take him to some Sox games cause there's no way in hell he wants to go to a game with all those screaming yuppies at Wrigley. I told the Cards fan that I got season tickets to the White Sox and I'd love to take him to a couple of games. The stumble drunk Cubs fan on the stool next to him overheard our conversation and immediately interjected, "so you must be one of the 3 people that are the stadium when the Sox play." I just pointed at Bozo's blue shirt, looked at the Cards fan and said, "Typical Cubs fan - incapable of talking baseball so he wants to bring up attendance." The Cards fan laughed so hard he almost wet himself and the Cubs fans just started mumbling incoherently and drooling in his beer.

One of my all time favorite responses to some guy seeing me behind the bar in my Sox Pride shirt and saying, "How can you wear that thing here? Don't you realize that you're on the north side?" is, "Why? Should I be afraid you're gonna hit me with your purse?" That really shuts 'em up quick. :wink:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-14-2005, 06:39 PM
My part-time cubicle prominently features my "Hell Yea, I'm a Sox Fan" coffee mug. Meanwhile my home office is a virtual shrine to the Sox, including my Ivan Calderon game used bat and Old Comiskey cheap seat.
:thumbsup:

I travel a lot on business. My car has a Sox license plate holder, too.
:cool:

bobelou72
04-14-2005, 09:09 PM
I Got A Sox flag on my wall. And I'm always wearing my Hell yea I'm a Sox fan shirt.

Iwritecode
04-14-2005, 11:45 PM
My part-time cubicle prominently features my "Hell Yea, I'm a Sox Fan" coffee mug. Meanwhile my home office is a virtual shrine to the Sox, including my Ivan Calderon game used bat and Old Comiskey cheap seat.
:thumbsup:

I travel a lot on business. My car has a Sox license plate holder, too.
:cool:

I'm waiting for Daver to tell us how much Sox stuff is in his "office".

Nellie_Fox
04-15-2005, 12:40 AM
I have a Sox shrine on the shelf immediately above my desk. It consists of: a fake Sox license plate, a souvenir Sox batting helmet, miniatures of both old and new Comiskey, a couple of Sox Matchbox cars, a Sox troll doll, two Sox coffee mugs, and a bottle of Cub repellant spray. I think that covers it.

DrCrawdad
04-15-2005, 12:45 AM
on my desk.

I wear a Cuck The Fubs shirt.

Stroker Ace
04-15-2005, 12:46 AM
When I worked at a pizza place 2 years ago, I wore a grey Sox t-shirt and the 2001 Sunday home cap every day.

Cowch44
04-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Wish I was able to have an office job, then I could put cool Sox things everywhere. Being in HS I just wear my pride wrist band everyday, and today I wore my shirt. I had some White Sox pencils(only pencils I ever cared about), but I used them all. One time I was wearing my Sox shirt and this kid(who doesn't know a thing about baseball) asked, "Is that some sort of spoof of the Red Sox?" I was just like: :angry: and in awe of such stupidity.

Wsoxmike59
04-15-2005, 07:32 AM
I have a Sox mouse pad, Frank Thomas Bobble-head, Sox Pride coffee mug, Sox calendar, Schedule, and a beautiful picture of U.S. Cellular Field taken from the 2005 Season Ticket Brochure adorning my cube at work.

Our office at work is probably divided 50/50 on their baseball allegiences. There is one particularly annoying Cub fan (let's call him DiVero) who I routinely like to send my "digs" in to. My favorite exchange of the young season so far has been like this:

Me: hey mike (yeah he's named mike too) if my vendor guy comes through with cubs-sox tickets this summer you wanna go to the game?

cub fan DiVero: is it going to be played at that piece of crap park?

Me: No the tickets are for the games at the Cell. You won't have to worry about concrete falling on you, or the stench of urine at the game. :D:

BigEdWalsh
04-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Well, my job doesn't allow me in any way to "show" my allegiance but I talk my allegiance all the time. Most everyone at work is well aware that I'm a Sox fan and I live in Brewers territory. But there are some other Sox fans up here in Wisconsin and that's cool.

Mark Buehrle
04-15-2005, 10:09 AM
I also have a Paul Konerko home jersey and a 1983 Carlton Fisk road jersey.

skottyj242
04-15-2005, 11:08 AM
I take the el to and from work everyday and proudly wear either a Sox hat or since it's been warmer out I've been wearing my Sox jacket...I find you get a lot of double takes walking around Wicker Park in head to toe Sox gear.

The other night I was watching the game at a bar with a buddy of mine when his fiance called and wanted us to meet her at a bar in Wrigleyville, so we go and walk into this bar and I swear the music stopped and everyone was staring at us, it took me a second to realize why then I figured it out: He was wearing a Sox sweatshirt and hat, I had my jacket on and a St. Louis Cardinals hat. Nobody bothered us until some really drunk guy in a Carrie Wood jersey said something incoherent but him and his pals thought it was pretty funny. I responded: "How did Carrie pitch today? Oh yeah he got shelled."

MiamiSpartan
04-16-2005, 11:05 AM
I have a Sox pennant on my wall along with several Bull and Marlin championship pennants, and the Panthers Eastern Conference championship banner from 96, along with several Michigan State items....

Stroker Ace
04-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Wish I was able to have an office job, then I could put cool Sox things everywhere. Being in HS I just wear my pride wrist band everyday, and today I wore my shirt. I had some White Sox pencils(only pencils I ever cared about), but I used them all. One time I was wearing my Sox shirt and this kid(who doesn't know a thing about baseball) asked, "Is that some sort of spoof of the Red Sox?" I was just like: :angry: and in awe of such stupidity.

I get a lot of people who think the 2001 Sunday home hat is a sawks hat.

The Wimperoo
04-16-2005, 01:59 PM
In my cube I have a White Sox pennant pinned up to the wall. I have a White Sox mousepad. Then I also have the schedule pinned up.

chisoxfanatic
04-17-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm a high school teacher in the Chicago Public Schools, and I don't want any of my things vandalized by students, so I choose not not to bring anything from home to work. No Sox decorations exist in my classroom.

As a math teacher, I DO put the Sox in my story problems whenever possible. And, the attire is very casual, so I sometimes even wear jeans and a Sox shirt.

wood28
04-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Now that it is warmer, I am wearing my Sox jacket to work.

I recently moved into a new office, with a small window out into a main hallway. Does anyone know where I can purchase some Sox self-adhesive window stickers for said window. I know the usual Grandstand and the Cell, but I live and work in the Western burbs and don't get that way too often. Any ideas? Thanks!

ChiSoxGirl
04-18-2005, 11:39 PM

I'm also a teacher, but don't let that prevent me from showing my Sox Pride in my northwest suburban school.

I e-mailed Brooks Boyer after SoxFest to get some Sox Pride posters mailed to me, and in the evnelope he not only sent those, but also a Freddy Garcia poster, both of which are hanging in my classroom. I also have the Sox calendar they give away at the games on my wall and a schedule on my memo board. And of course, I wear my Sox Pride wristband at all times and will wear my pull-over on chilly mornings.

It's rough being among so many Cub fans, but whenever they've given me grief this year, all I have to do is ask "Who's 9-4 (or whatever the current record is)?," and they quiet down. :cool:

SpartanSoxFan
04-19-2005, 12:15 AM
on my desk.

Just curious, where did you find the retro Fisk bobblehead???

chidonez
04-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Everyone seems to have Sox mousepads. I wish I had been the wise guy to come up with that idea. I'm assuming they were a handout.

fincher
04-19-2005, 12:37 AM
At the office I have two framed Sports Illustrated covers...Dick Allen juggling the baseballs with a cigarette dangling from his mouth and Bill Veeck after he bought the Sox in 1976.

At home I have a tons of stuff, including a complete 1976-77 road jersey with the double navy striped socks plus the white road hat with navy bill that was used in the first part of 1976.

Just found out this site. This is excellent!!

BarbG
04-19-2005, 02:37 AM
Does anyone know where I can purchase some Sox self-adhesive window stickers for said window.

I got the Sox decals my van windows are covered with from stickergiant.com

ctocsoxfan
04-20-2005, 01:10 PM
At work I have an old Sox license plate on my wall, a picture of old comiskey and new comiskey together, a schedule, a picture of "old home plate" in the now existing parking lot, a picture of the Bill Veeck Dr sign, and of course, a picutre of Harold...i rotate my wallpaper on my computer between a picture of Al Smith getting beer spilled on his head in '59, a picture of Harold and the picture of Dick Allen w/a cigarette in his mouth and juggling baseballs...On my truck I have a Sox license cover and Sox stickers on the back window. At home I have a Sox flag.
I'm in the Navy - if I get anyone in from Chicago I immediately ask who they're for - beside myself I have 1 other for the Sox and 2 for the Cubs - the Cub fans get the crappy jobs (only kidding). I wear Sox t-shirts and shorts for physical training...
I have a Sox tattoo on my right ankle...
The Sox come to San Diego this year and I already got tickets...I plan to go up to Anaheim too...Can't wait...But it's nothing like going to a game back home - I'll have to make a trip back this summer.

TwinGats
04-20-2005, 02:11 PM
i've got white sox background and screensaver on the computer

magnetic schedule on the refridgerator (much to the dismay of all the cubs fans i have to share it with)

white sox beer glass as a pencil holder

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 03:02 PM
I have a tattoo of the current Sox logo on my forehead. :bandance:

RavenswoodFan
04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
I work on an Airplane so I have to tone it down. But I always wear my Sox Pride wrist band! I've had a few people ask me what my band was for, and I always reply with " It's for the REAL baseball team in Chicago!:cool:"

2005gosoxgo
04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm a pastry chef in New York City, so I have to represent my beloved White Sox over all the Yankees and "new" Mets fans... I cant do much as i am in the kitchen in the back almost all day, so i have 4 shirts i wear more than occasionally durnig the season... 2 WSI shirts... the Hell Yah one and the Sox win Cubs lose one, and one of my favorite ones... A dark blue Tshirt tha says CUBS MAGIC NUMBER = 911 .l... Theres nothing like showing off Sox pride in NYC:D

eriqjaffe
04-20-2005, 05:07 PM
I have added a home-made "Sox Pride" flag to my radio antenna. The flag is now flying above my cube, visible from anywhere in the area:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fizzjob/miscellaneous/flag001.jpg

SpammySosa
04-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I have a tattoo of the current Sox logo on my forehead. :bandance:

pic?:bandance:

southsidesoxfan1
04-20-2005, 05:31 PM
I've got a fine picture of Marilyn Monroe batting with White sox pitcher Joe Dobson impersonating a batting coach and outfielder Gus Zernial as catcher. The preseason 1951 pic is sweet, with Dobson getting nice and personal with Marilyn. Guess Monroe didn't get all her tutoring from Joe DiMaggio.
Also included in the cubicle are several newspaper cut-outs:
Daley Snips at Cubs: 'Get a Team' (with da Mayor in a sox hat)
and a sweet picture of Valentin giving the cub fans a two finger sosa kiss after a sweet home run.
On top of that a couple of pics I made at a couple of games both here and at spring training.:cool:

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 05:40 PM
pic?:bandance:This was all I could find. :D: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2707

SpammySosa
04-20-2005, 05:47 PM
This was all I could find. :D: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2707

LMAO!!!!!

OKCidiot
04-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Hey everyone!

Since several of us share a rather small office, I really don't have anything on display, however we are lucky to have casual dress code so I have a plethora of Sox gear I wear regularly at the office. Unfortunately most of my memorabilia I've amassed over the years is still in boxes from when I moved here 6 years ago, however I have several cool things prominently displayed in my apartment, including my brick and stadium seat from old Comiskey Park and my Illinois license plate (RAY SOX 1).

Go SOX!!!!!

Wsoxmike59
04-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Hey everyone!

Since several of us share a rather small office, I really don't have anything on display, however we are lucky to have casual dress code so I have a plethora of Sox gear I wear regularly at the office. Unfortunately most of my memorabilia I've amassed over the years is still in boxes from when I moved here 6 years ago, however I have several cool things prominently displayed in my apartment, including my brick and stadium seat from old Comiskey Park and my Illinois license plate (RAY SOX 1).

Go SOX!!!!!

Welcome aboard OKCRay, is this the same Oklahoma City Ray that is/was a member of Sox Fans On Deck? Your handle and license plate lead me to believe that you are one in the same.

I think you'll enjoy posting here, there are some really great Sox fans here, very knowledgable. (That goes without saying....that's what makes them Sox fans and NOT sCrUB fans) :D:

OKCidiot
04-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Greetings, WSoxMike!

Yep, that would be me! Hope all is well in Chicago... sorry I haven't been better about keeping in touch with everyone, although I still get emails from some of the SFOD crew every now and then. Definitely planning on hitting some games this summer when I'm home visiting the family (speaking of which, both of my nephews are Sox fans, much to the dismay of their Cub fan parents! And with me being here in OKC, I really had no influence on that at all... let's just say they were smart enough to figure it out for themselves!). Anyway say hello to everyone in SFOD for me and I'll catch you at a game sometime this summer!

GO SOX!!!!!!

Wsoxmike59
04-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Greetings, WSoxMike!

Yep, that would be me! Hope all is well in Chicago... sorry I haven't been better about keeping in touch with everyone, although I still get emails from some of the SFOD crew every now and then. Anyway say hello to everyone in SFOD for me and I'll catch you at a game sometime this summer!

GO SOX!!!!!!

Sounds good Ray. I went down to the Cell today with the other Ray in SFOD (Flea Market Ray) and we picked up a souvenir Blue Chair at the Private Sale today.

I hear SFOD is planning a patio party out at U.S. Cellular this summer, I'm sure John P will keep us notified via email.

Good to hear from you once again, Hope to see you this summer. I feel something special is brewing on the S'Side, this is going to be a really fun season for the Sox and their fans!

Go-Go Sox!

Corkinator
04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
I have a picture of Old Comiskey from the outside that I got from this site as wallpaper on my government computer and my Comiskey Park brick on my desk. Not bad, since I live in Florida. where can I score a Frank bobblehead?:bandance: