PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Carl buys dinner for 30 at Morton's

mjharrison72
04-14-2005, 08:48 AM
From today's Sun-Times:
Everett can't be accused of being selfish. The designated hitter picked up the tab at the team dinner on Tuesday's day off, and it wasn't just an ordinary tab. One estimate had as many as 30 members of the Sox traveling party dining in a private room at pricey Morton's Steakhouse.
Great to see this team coming together to the point where 30 of them would sit down for dinner, and great that Carl is doing what it takes to be seen as a leader!

hdog1017
04-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I just hope the Crazy Carl tipped everybody well too.

Hangar18
04-14-2005, 09:21 AM
I was chatting with Joe Crede at SoxFest and someone bought
the both of us a Beer, wouldve been cool had Joe bought it though hehheh.
Thanks to whoever bought me that beer though

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 11:08 AM
:everett:
no problem , fellow crazy man

Lip Man 1
04-14-2005, 11:13 AM
This team does seem to be developing a 'closeness' that I haven't seen since the 1983 bunch (if interested read Jerry Koosman's WSI interview). Williams and ten players in a bar in Minnesota, 30 Sox folks at Morton's....that's a good sign.

I don't know if liking each other translates into wins (remember the A's of the 70's hated each other, hated Charlie Finley, yet still won back to back to back World Series titles) but it couldn't hurt.

Lip

akingamongstmen
04-14-2005, 11:17 AM
From today's Sun-Times:

Great to see this team coming together to the point where 30 of them would sit down for dinner, and great that Carl is doing what it takes to be seen as a leader!

Must be nice to drop $1,000+ for a group dinner without flinching. If only I could hit Major League pitching...and run...and throw...well, you get the idea.

Seriously, though, it's great to see this team bonding. A little chemistry goes a long way.

Iwritecode
04-14-2005, 11:19 AM
I thought they were all going to ditch and stick Crede with paying the bill?

Somebody, can't remember who, mentioned that yesterday and just seeing this thread is kind of ironic. :D:

champagne030
04-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Must be nice to drop $1,000+ for a group dinner without flinching. If only I could hit Major League pitching...and run...and throw...well, you get the idea.

Seriously, though, it's great to see this team bonding. A little chemistry goes a long way.

i take it that you've never been to morton's.....i'm sure, tip included (assuming carl believes more in tips than dino) the bill was in excess of $5G. really, the point is that's a classy move by him....

bluestar
04-14-2005, 12:04 PM
i take it that you've never been to morton's.....i'm sure, tip included (assuming carl believes more in tips than dino) the bill was in excess of $5G. really, the point is that's a classy move by him....

Yeah, $1G wouldn't touch dinner for 30 at Morton's. $3G - $5G would be more accurate, depending on how much alcohol was consumed.

swanson24
04-14-2005, 01:29 PM
So far the chemistry has been amazing this year. I'm sure some of you heard that story about some of the players being at a restaurant/ bar in Cleveland and signaling Kenny Williams to stop by. Lets hope they act like a family and pick each other up. Hopefully in October the Sox can pick up the World Series! I know that is the kind of wishful thinking, usually associated with a NORTHSIDE CUB LOVING DOFUS but a man can dream!
:gulp:

mantis1212
04-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Great to see they're hanging out together - but remember $5000 to Carl Everett is like sixty bucks to you and me

Brian26
04-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Man, you can just feel the love with this team.

Rocklive99
04-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I love this team chemistry/hanging out together stuff. Just recently, I watched a video on the 93 season (too young to remember :'( ) and thought it was real cool when Frank bought the team a ping pong table, that was before Belle and the media turned him into Barry Bonds II

Brian26
04-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I love this team chemistry/hanging out together stuff. Just recently, I watched a video on the 93 season (too young to remember :'( ) and thought it was real cool when Frank bought the team a ping pong table, that was before Belle and the media turned him into Barry Bonds II

Who did they prank with that? McKaskill? I remember Bo Jackson yelling, "We got yo ass! We got yo ass!"

HITMEN OF 77
04-14-2005, 01:38 PM

I think it was that guy with the Cubs shirt on actually.

Hangar18
04-14-2005, 03:07 PM
no problem , fellow crazy man

Say Ewok, I think you may be right ..... either him or Jim (Steff).

batmanZoSo
04-14-2005, 03:11 PM
He should've went to Ponderosa or the Sizzler. He would've saved at least a G or three. :kneeslap:

ewokpelts
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
He should've went to Ponderosa or the Sizzler. He would've saved at least a G or three. :kneeslap:

we're going to sizzler!
:ozzie
yay!
but not the dinosaurs
d'oh!

batmanZoSo
04-14-2005, 03:17 PM
we're going to sizzler!
yay!
but not the dinosaurs
d'oh!

LMAO. Or he could've saved by buying bulk...you know those huge Dino Steaks they had on the Flintstones?

Ha. Great stuff...

Mark Buehrle
04-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah, Carl Everett is awesome. He's really mellowed since his rage-filled Red Sox days. He and Mark Buehrle are my favorite Sox.

Jjav829
04-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah, Carl Everett is awesome. He's really mellowed since his rage-filled Red Sox days. He and Mark Buehrle are my favorite Sox.

Crap. That means you either are a combination of T.O. and Rickey Henderson, or you're not the real Mark Buehrle. :(: :D:

:burly
"Mark Buehrle loves him some Mark Buehrle."

Mark Buehrle
04-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I wish I were the real Mark Buehrle :(: