PDA

View Full Version : LOL!!!


PaleHoseGeorge
11-03-2001, 10:34 PM
They played Sinatra's "New York New York" after the D-Backs got the final out!

I loved watching Jeter try to put some body english on Bellinger's homerun-length foul ball, too. What, did he think there was twelve men on base, LOL!!!

LOSERS!!!!!

WinningUgly!
11-03-2001, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
They played Sinatra's "New York New York" after the D-Backs got the final out!

I loved watching Jeter try to put some body english on Bellinger's homerun-length foul ball, too. What, did he think there was twelve men on base, LOL!!!

LOSERS!!!!!

I also noticed a little chorus of "na na na na hey hey hey" in the crowd. Should've been us!

FarWestChicago
11-03-2001, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
They played Sinatra's "New York New York" after the D-Backs got the final out!

I loved watching Jeter try to put some body english on Bellinger's homerun-length foul ball, too. What, did he think there was twelve men on base, LOL!!!

LOSERS!!!!! I haven't seen a 13 run homer for a couple of years. That would have been something. :)

Daver
11-03-2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I haven't seen a 13 run homer for a couple of years. That would have been something. :)

To quote Kenny Mayne"That would be a record,or something"

CLR01
11-03-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I haven't seen a 13 run homer for a couple of years. That would have been something. :)

Are you sure about that, Chip always gave me the impression sammy hit a 13 run shot everytime he went yard.

Soxheads
11-03-2001, 11:00 PM
Yeah, those happen about as often as Cubs World Series.

RKMeibalane
11-04-2001, 11:47 AM
Jeter's just full of it. It's as if he believes that the Yankees must win each and every time they step on the field. His attitude when that ball was hit is indicative of his extremely high opinion of himself. He really believes that he is the "chosen one," that as long as he plays the game, he must win. Think about it. In all but one of his full seasons in the major leagues, he has played in and won the World Series. He's been spoiled, and he is having difficulty dealing with the fact that the Yankees may not win it this year.

On another note, it's interesting to see how so many Cubs fans are living their WS dreams through Mark Grace, thinking that if the D-Backs win, the Cubs win. They must really be desperate, but when one considers how bad of a team the Cubs are, it's not hard to see why their fans root for other teams to finish the job they will never get done.

Paulwny
11-04-2001, 03:01 PM
I hope the rest of the al pitchers are watching how the dbacks are continually pounding Jeter inside. May be his weak spot.

Bmr31
11-04-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Jeter's just full of it. It's as if he believes that the Yankees must win each and every time they step on the field. His attitude when that ball was hit is indicative of his extremely high opinion of himself. He really believes that he is the "chosen one," that as long as he plays the game, he must win. Think about it. In all but one of his full seasons in the major leagues, he has played in and won the World Series. He's been spoiled, and he is having difficulty dealing with the fact that the Yankees may not win it this year.

On another note, it's interesting to see how so many Cubs fans are living their WS dreams through Mark Grace, thinking that if the D-Backs win, the Cubs win. They must really be desperate, but when one considers how bad of a team the Cubs are, it's not hard to see why their fans root for other teams to finish the job they will never get done.

okay this post makes no sense at all. Is there supposed to be something wrong with jeter wanting and expecting to win every game. Ummmmmmmm, this is what we call a WINNER. I hate the yankees but i think its pathetic for you to act like there is something wrong with confidence. Maybe you should look in the mirror??

LongDistanceFan
11-04-2001, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


okay this post makes no sense at all. Is there supposed to be something wrong with jeter wanting and expecting to win every game. Ummmmmmmm, this is what we call a WINNER. I hate the yankees but i think its pathetic for you to act like there is something wrong with confidence. Maybe you should look in the mirror?? kill-joy........... lol