PDA

View Full Version : It's official

danman31
11-03-2001, 10:30 PM
The Yankees lose! The Yankees lose! Game 7 tomorrow. Who do you guys think will win? I say Yankees.

Daver
11-03-2001, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by danman31
The Yankees lose! The Yankees lose! Game 7 tomorrow. Who do you guys think will win? I say Yankees.

The last time the Yanks played a game seven was 1964,I don't know if they won or lost though,Chopper knocked over my radio and I missed what they said.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-03-2001, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by daver
The last time the Yanks played a game seven was 1964,I don't know if they won or lost though,Chopper knocked over my radio and I missed what they said.

Tell Chopper they lost to the Cardinals. Tonight was also the biggest margin of defeat in the World Series ever for the New York Yankees.

Soxheads
11-03-2001, 10:51 PM
What was the largest margin defeat in any WS game? Was this it?

Daver
11-03-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Tell Chopper they lost to the Cardinals. Tonight was also the biggest margin of defeat in the World Series ever for the New York Yankees.

Trying to talk to Chopper these days is like kicking yourself in the head,it just doesn't work.

That being said I guess the D-Backs still have some hope left,and for that matter so does Kempers,his hex is on the line here.

Jerry_Manuel
11-03-2001, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by daver
That being said I guess the D-Backs still have some hope left,and for that matter so does Kempers,his hex is on the line here.

I don't think so Daver.
I'm not going to just say the hex doesn't exist anymore if Arizona wins. But then again I just like giving Mr. Positive a hard time. So you make the call.

Daver
11-03-2001, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I don't think so Daver.
I'm not going to just say the hex doesn't exist anymore if Arizona wins. But then again I just like giving Mr. Positive a hard time. So you make the call.

I think game 7 will make the call.

But then again what the hell do I know?

KempersRS
11-03-2001, 11:46 PM

I don't think so Daver.

Well, the hexing is out of my hands at this point, Brenly is an idiot. Who is he going to when Schilling gets tired? Morgan? Kim? Are these the guys you want in when its game 7 of the World Series? 15-2 and he throws Johnson for 7 innings...pure stupidity. He could have gotten away with 3 innings.

Jerry_Manuel
11-03-2001, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Well, the hexing is out of my hands at this point, Brenly is an idiot. Who is he going to when Schilling gets tired? Morgan? Kim? Are these the guys you want in when its game 7 of the World Series? 15-2 and he throws Johnson for 7 innings...pure stupidity. He could have gotten away with 3 innings.

Well wouldn't the hex have some effect on the manager? Maybe he got stupid all of the sudden thanks to the hex. Or maybe I'm the stupid one? I'll go with option number 2, I'm sure you'll agree Mr. Positive.

KempersRS
11-03-2001, 11:52 PM

Well wouldn't the hex have some effect on the manager? Maybe he got stupid all of the sudden thanks to the hex. Or maybe I'm the stupid one? I'll go with option number 2, I'm sure you'll agree Mr. Positive.

I thought I just made the players terrible, but maybe you are right and that would explain Manuel's stupidity this season...

Jerry_Manuel
11-04-2001, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I thought I just made the players terrible, but maybe you are right and that would explain Manuel's stupidity this season...

Sounds like your on to something.

GASHWOUND
11-04-2001, 12:50 AM
Man, I watched the last two games only to see the Backs Choke and I'm out and miss the blow win by the Backs. Damn.
I saw the highlights and the 3rd inning was funny. Even Randy who looks like a complete dork at the plate was getting hits. Now the Backs probably will get like 1 run tomorrow. You got a D-Backs team who out played the Spanks this whole series and they coud lose. They took a 2-0 lead, blew 2 run leads in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and lose, and this blowout win. They should've won 5 games from the Spanks, but all they had to do is win 4. Now Shilling has to pitch like there's no tomorrow(which is true)
But at the end I have this feeling that the Spanks will hang on to win...

harwar
11-04-2001, 10:04 AM
I picked the D-Backs to win it all back in august and i'm not backing down now.I personally guarantee a D-Backs win.I know they will win because if they don't,i'm in extreme financial difficulty.

Spiff
11-04-2001, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I know they will win because if they don't, I'm in extreme financial difficulty.

You and me both.

Soxheads
11-04-2001, 10:39 AM
Not even hexes on this board can stop Schilling tonight.

Jerry_Manuel
11-04-2001, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Nice try Heads, the hex will once again show it's ugly head tonight.

FarWestChicago
11-04-2001, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
:cleo

Never underestimate da powers of da Kempers, mon!

Jerry_Manuel
11-04-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:cleo

Never underestimate da powers of da Kempers, mon!

Exactly the powers are very strong.