PDA

View Full Version : Third Time the Charm???

kevingrt
04-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I know for a fact with El Duque on the mound hte Sox will sweep the mistake by the lake tomorrow and start off to an amazing 7-2 season. Hell, I love being optimistic this early in the season!

CubKilla
04-13-2005, 09:39 PM
I know for a fact.....

Where you one of those idiots chanting, "SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP!", before the start of the top of the 9th last Thursday too :rolleyes: ?

samram
04-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Where you one of those idiots chanting, "SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP!", before the start of the top of the 9th last Thursday too :rolleyes: ?

Yeah, what an idiot for cheering on the team.

kevingrt
04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
CWhere you one of those idiots chanting, "SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP!", before the start of the top of the 9th last Thursday too :rolleyes: ?

Can't we all just be happy...

But no I wasn't if I was though I would have been cheering for the sweep!

Fake Chet Lemon
04-13-2005, 10:25 PM
I know for a fact with El Duque on the mound hte Sox will sweep the mistake by the lake tomorrow and start off to an amazing 7-2 season. Hell, I love being optimistic this early in the season!

He'd also be my pick for tomorrows sweep attempt. Glad he's going.:bandance:

SouthSide4Life
04-13-2005, 10:27 PM
mistake by the lake... classic. A Freakin men

Cowch44
04-13-2005, 11:07 PM
We'll win tomorrow.
*KNOCK ON WOOD*:rolleyes:
But anyway, Bring on the :sweep

oeo
04-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I'd be ecstatic for a sweep tomorrow, but another series win is just fine with me. As long as they keep winning the series, I'm very happy.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-13-2005, 11:12 PM
The chances for a Sox sweep looks high, as El Duque is on the mound for the Sox going against Scott Elarton, who was pretty shaky last year. However Elarton had a good spring this year and had a decent first start so you can't write him off just yet.

batmanZoSo
04-13-2005, 11:33 PM
The chances for a Sox sweep looks high, as El Duque is on the mound for the Sox going against Scott Elarton, who was pretty shaky last year. However Elarton had a good spring this year and had a decent first start so you can't write him off just yet.

He's officially written off. We're gonna kill him.

(Notice the lack of smiley...naw, I ain't kiddin')

Cowch44
04-13-2005, 11:34 PM

Sox tend(ed) to make bad pitchers look good.

fquaye149
04-14-2005, 03:13 AM
I'd be ecstatic for a sweep tomorrow, but another series win is just fine with me. As long as they keep winning the series, I'm very happy.

JM is that you? :)

34 Inch Stick
04-14-2005, 07:26 AM
I think with the Indians seeing El Duque for the first time this season, he will have a tremendous start. We will have to see if the offense and bullpen will give the necessary support. I expect a 5-2 White Sox win tonight.

SSN721
04-14-2005, 07:29 AM

You're right, he should have been cheering for them to lose.

Lip Man 1
04-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Just for the record, Elarton shut out the Sox 9-0 last August. That is the specific reason according to the newspapers Cleveland 'adjusted' their rotation to slot him in. The person who was supposed to pitch against the Sox had Cleveland stayed on their normal schedule was Westbrook.

Lip

SABRSox
04-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Just for the record, Elarton shut out the Sox 9-0 last August. That is the specific reason according to the newspapers Cleveland 'adjusted' their rotation to slot him in. The person who was supposed to pitch against the Sox had Cleveland stayed on their normal schedule was Westbrook.

Lip

In the 3 games that the White Sox faced Elarton last year, they went a whopping 8 for 52 against him, for a .154/.192/.262 split. This guy was a Sox killer last year.

Foulke You
04-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Lip

That is surprising considering how well Westbrook pitched against us on Opening Day. Last year's stats don't matter too much anymore because half the Sox lineup is completely different this year. Surprising that Wedge would go through the trouble of shuffling the deck for Elarton to make one start against a new look Sox team.

SABRSox
04-14-2005, 12:06 PM
That is surprising considering how well Westbrook pitched against us on Opening Day. Last year's stats don't matter too much anymore because half the Sox lineup is completely different this year.

Current Sox against Elarton:

Crede - 1/3 1BB
Everett - 0/2 1BB
Gload - 0/2 1BB
Harris - 1/4 1BB 1R
Konerko - 1/6 1BB 1RBI
Perez - 0/5
Rowand - 0/3 1BB
Uribe - 2/6 1BB 2R

SOXSINCE'70
04-14-2005, 12:38 PM

Please remember Elarton best the Sox with 2 hit, 9-0 CG
last year.Hope the guys can do some hitting tonight.:cool:

CubKilla
04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
You're right, he should have been cheering for them to lose.

Obviously, my comment went over the heads of two posters here. If the '03 Marlins taught Sox fans anything, it's don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

WhoooooOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH.....

CubKilla
04-14-2005, 09:52 PM
BUMP :rolleyes:

Can we refrain the rest of the season from stating as "fact" sweeps 20-some hours before the last game begins?

Thanks.

SSN721
04-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Obviously, my comment went over the heads of two posters here. If the '03 Marlins taught Sox fans anything, it's don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

WhoooooOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH.....

I think it is kind of ridiculous one cant feel relatively confident in getting a sweep and perhaps cheering for it when you have a three run lead going into the ninth with your closer coming up. I would never guarantee one though. Or state it as a fact, especially befpre the game even starts, so I can see where you are coming from with that.