the starters for
may 20 garcia
21 contreras
22 hernandez

june 24 contreras
25 hernandez
26 garland

that really sucks.

oz said they will go with it, and wont change the order.
buehrle is scheduled for may 18 then the 24th
june 21 and 27

SOX ADDICT '73
04-13-2005, 05:37 PM
A) We won't need to Buehrle to beat the sCrUBS, and

B) I'd rather save him for teams that matter, like the Twins and Indians.

PAPChiSox729
04-13-2005, 05:45 PM

I agree. Making the playoffs is most important to me. Beating the Cubs is second. While it would be strange seeing Buehrle not go against the Cubs, with the way our guys have been throwing, Buehrle won't be needed.

The Wimperoo
04-13-2005, 05:55 PM
It's still a little early in the season to try and extrapolate the rotation that far out. Anything could happen to switch it up at this point.

Mohoney
04-13-2005, 06:02 PM
IF AS OZZIE SAYS WE STICK WITH A 5MAN ROTATION
mark buehrle will not pitch against the cubs
the starters for
may 20 garcia
21 contreras
22 hernandez

june 24 contreras
25 hernandez
26 garland

that really sucks.

oz said they will go with it, and wont change the order.
buehrle is scheduled for may 18 then the 24th
june 21 and 27

This is assuming that no games between now and May 19 get rained out, and that no games between May 23rd and June 23rd get rained out.

I guarantee that at least one game will get rained out between now and May 19 and push everything back.

HomeFish
04-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Not to mention it assumes no injuries.

Knockoutinthepar
04-13-2005, 06:07 PM
The Wimperoo's got this one on the spot. In fact, if you remember correctly, just last week it was looking as though Garland was about to miss a start because of his stomach flu.

DumpJerry
04-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Come on guys, let's concentrate on April right now. It's off to a great start and let's keep it going. Come May, we'll start to think about the Flub series. I think right now any one of our starting Five and McCarthy can make the Flubs wish they had stayed in bed that morning..............

Whitesox029
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM

All wins matter.

doublem23
04-13-2005, 09:54 PM
All wins matter.

For us, but wins against divisional opponents are more valuable immediately in the standings, as they are worth a whole 'nother game between us and who we beat.

doublem23
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Can't say enough about the starters thus far (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=7&seasonType=2&type=type1&sort=ERA&split=127&season=2005).

Best ERA in the American League, best BAA, lowest OPS by nearly 90 points, lowest WHIP. God damn.

On a sidenote, I notice the Athletics are #13. Mark Mulder and Tim Hudson sure would be nice to have now, eh, Billy? :tongue:

rwcescato
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
All wins matter.

What a great start we have. I am so used to being disappointed and pissed about something by now. Its been a long while for a start like this. The thing is its way to early to even worry about our pitching staff against the scrubs or anyone else. One game at a time. If anyone lives in the New Lenox area a new bar opened up last month on RTE 30 called the Blue Stone Bar and Grill. It is a very nice place and had the Sox game on all the TVs today. It was nice to see. Also all the eye candy was nice to see as well.
Rich

kevingrt
04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
I can bet you a dollar that the rotation changes someway or somehow before the two Scrubby series. If it doesn't though that would be amazing because that would mean no injuries so far.

Rocklive99
04-13-2005, 10:02 PM
:jerry

It's obvious who the only manager was in this thread. This can easily be fixed by starting a Neal Cotts in the place of a Mark Buerhle (Don't you guys play the Tigers soon anyways?) I don't care who you are, Cotts, Yankees, A's, you better come ready to play. Anyone except Chris Singleton. I whooped that boy's you know what for putting his hands on my daughter. How dare he try his slow swing in my house

SOX ADDICT '73
04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
All wins matter.
I didn't say that the WINS didn't matter. I said the CUBS didn't matter.

Of course all wins matter, but if your opinion is that all wins mean the same, then I disagree. This will sound like stating the obvious, but stay with me: if we're playing the Twins, a win for us guarantees a loss for them (duh), and an automatic gain of one game in the standings. But if we're playing the sCrUBS, a win for us only guarantees we won't lose any ground. The Twins could just as likely beat whoever they're playing, as they did last night and tonight. That's not even mentioning the psychological effect of beating a division rival (case in point, check out how the Sox fared in late season series against Minny the last two years).

Whenever I read some of the more disturbingly Cub-sessed threads around here, I am reminded of a friend who is fond of saying, "I don't care if the Bears go 2-14, as long as they beat the Packers twice." And what happened in 2001, when the Bears went 13-3? Two of their losses came at the hands of Brett Favre and Co. And do you think my friend was depressed about that, even though the Bears won their division? Hell no. (Okay, I know the example isn't exactly the same, since the Bears and Pack are in the same division, but I'm after the rivalry angle here.)

Bottom line, a person who is a Sox fan, and not merely a Cub-hater, should realize that victories against the Twins, Toons, Tigers, and even (blech) Royals mean a lot more than beating the minor league team to the north.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-13-2005, 10:41 PM
What a great start we have. I am so used to being disappointed and pissed about something by now. Its been a long while for a start like this. The thing is its way to early to even worry about our pitching staff against the scrubs or anyone else. One game at a time. If anyone lives in the New Lenox area a new bar opened up last month on RTE 30 called the Blue Stone Bar and Grill. It is a very nice place and had the Sox game on all the TVs today. It was nice to see. Also all the eye candy was nice to see as well.
Rich

That's great info. I have a hard time finding Sox friendly bars in my area. Last year a bar in Elgin with 5 TV's wouldn't put the Sox game on one TV because the Cubs were on. And they weren't all linked together or anything, they just wouldn't do it.

batmanZoSo
04-13-2005, 10:55 PM
As long as we get to see Wood....ooooh, baby.

dcb33
04-14-2005, 12:15 AM
As long as we get to see Wood....ooooh, baby.

...or Ryan Dempster.

popilius
04-14-2005, 12:25 AM
It's still a little early in the season to try and extrapolate the rotation that far out. Anything could happen to switch it up at this point.

I agree. Even with the most consistent rotations in baseball each year, having every pitcher not miss a start all the way to the end of May is not common. We can start looking at the rotation against the cubs a week in advance.

:gulp:

Moses_Scurry
04-14-2005, 07:40 AM
I don't know if you recall, but Buehrle has been terrible against the scrubs in years past. Maybe the chances are better without him going.

SoxWillWin
04-14-2005, 10:30 AM

Not only do I agree, but It can be viewed as a shot at the cubs. "They're not worth facing our ace." Of course Cubs fans could turn it around and say "They're to scared to use thier ace" But I like my version better.

Ol' No. 2
04-14-2005, 10:36 AM
It doesn't matter as long as we get to see Balsa Wood, Ryan Dumpster and LaTroy Horking.