PDA

View Full Version : Pods not in lineup tonite!

GiveMeSox
04-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Ozuna is leading off and playing LF tonite. Looks like Pods still needs some rest with the groin thing. Its going to be very cold in CLE for the next two days. Im all for being cautious, but we really need him at the top of the order, also I hope this isn't more serious than it seems.

soltrain21
04-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Ozuna is leading off and playing LF tonite. Looks like Pods still needs some rest with the groin thing. Its going to be very cold in CLE for the next two days. Im all for being cautious, but we really need him at the top of the order, also I hope this isn't more serious than it seems.

He will be fine. Good move on Ozzie's part to rest him.

Kadafi311
04-13-2005, 06:24 PM
He will be fine. Good move on Ozzie's part to rest him.

Deep pink police? :smile:

mweflen
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
hey, if he's got a strain, let him rest. I'm sure Ozuna will do fine. He can run, and hit a little.

Cowch44
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Aww, I was gonna pick him today.:(:

The Racehorse
04-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Herm better be prescribing Pods intense groin-al messages followed by long excursions in the jacuzzi.

GiveMeSox
04-13-2005, 06:29 PM
On another note Id like to see Gload get a start at 1B or DH against a righy. Let Paulie take a breather one day this week(end).

PAPChiSox729
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I think this is a good move by Ozzie. Let Pods fully recover. Ozuna is a pretty good player in his own right. Bring back Pods when he is healthy.

RKMeibalane
04-13-2005, 06:50 PM
On another note Id like to see Gload get a start at 1B or DH against a righy. Let Paulie take a breather one day this week(end).

Supposedly, Gload will be getting at start at 1B sometime this week.

mack10zie
04-13-2005, 07:09 PM
aaahh, I came here to vent about that but COMPLETELY forgot about the groin thing. Way to put me in my place without even knowing it guys!!

Chisox003
04-13-2005, 07:22 PM
I agree its a good move, just so that groin doesnt end up getting worse...

However, we NEED this guy at the top of the lineup...Hes a spark, he creates runs that we never have or will get without him tearing up the basepaths...

I like Ozuna, but hes not an everyday player, and Id almost rather see Timo in there....Either way, we need Po back in that 1 spot

SouthBendSox
04-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I agree its a good move, just so that groin doesnt end up getting worse...

However, we NEED this guy at the top of the lineup...Hes a spark, he creates runs that we never have or will get without him tearing up the basepaths...

I like Ozuna, but hes not an everyday player, and Id almost rather see Timo in there....Either way, we need Po back in that 1 spot

Pods has been terrible to start the season

I believe in Ozuna more right now

HebrewHammer
04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Seriously, if Pods sitting out for a few days means we're going to have him for the rest of the year, it's fine by me.

If it's more, I sincerely hope we don't panic and do something stupid. Such as...

:LTP

Chisox003
04-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Pods has been terrible to start the season

I believe in Ozuna more right now

Pods has been terrible in what ways?

The fact that hes stolen 5 bases and scored a few runs that we never would have gotten last year, due to the fact we couldnt get guys from 1st to 2nd without a hit, or from 1st to 3rd without a gapper?

How about his clutch 2 out game winning hit in Cleveland?

From what Ive seen, hes hit the ball hard at least once, if not more every game....

Sorry southbend, you're nuts, we need this guy in the lineup

Edit: My fault, ONLY 4 SB's, and only hittin 280 through 7 games....Please :rolleyes:

Brian26
04-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Pods has been terrible in what ways?

Pods has not been terrible. He's had some big hits and stolen some big bases.

kevingrt
04-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Good move on Ozzie's part. Regardless if it is serious or not no point in taking a chance and risking him. Give him enough rest. Ozuna is a more then capable back up as he has shown in spring training and so far this year. Especially after starting off the three run tying rally.

mjmcend
04-13-2005, 10:33 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050413&content_id=1014810&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

This gives some more insight. He probably won't play tommorrow, with Everett starting in left, Paul DHing, and Gload at first.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-13-2005, 11:04 PM
I'd rather see Timo or Pablo in left, Carl at DH, and Paulie riding the pine for one game to try and get Santana out of his head.

tstrike2000
04-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Herm better be prescribing Pods intense groin-al messages followed by long excursions in the jacuzzi.

Hopefully Herm's only giving him messages to that area to get well soon. I'm sure he doesn't want to touch that one...pun intended.

batmanZoSo
04-13-2005, 11:43 PM
If you "have a groin" or a hammie, the last thing you want to do is play in the cold. I'm not in Cleveland, but if Hawk is telling the truth, it's colder than a bastard over there right now. On the flip side, it's supposed be 75 and sunny over the weekend in Chicago. Ozuna seems to be competent enough, at least he can bunt and he's got a good arm. Hey, without Pods we're play .667 ball. :wink: I don't know what his condition is, but if there's any doubt at all, I'd sit him tomorrow too...as much as I love to watch him steal bases.

We need him though. So far he's been everything we've needed him to be.