PDA

View Full Version : Mlb TV

Niagara
04-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Has anyone ever tried the MLB TV that ESPN.com offers? Apparently, you can pull in most all MLB games all summer on your computer. I was wondering if you get the local coverage for each team? It looks interesting - I could watch the Sox all summer rather than the crappy-ass Royals on local TV or the Braves or Cubs on cable or whatever game ESPN is in the mood to show.

I'm curious if anyone has tried this, and if so, how did you like it? My Wife wants to know what I want for my birthday later this month, and this might be good.

Malgar 12
04-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Has anyone ever tried the MLB TV that ESPN.com offers? Apparently, you can pull in most all MLB games all summer on your computer. I was wondering if you get the local coverage for each team? It looks interesting - I could watch the Sox all summer rather than the crappy-ass Royals on local TV or the Braves or Cubs on cable or whatever game ESPN is in the mood to show.

I'm curious if anyone has tried this, and if so, how did you like it? My Wife wants to know what I want for my birthday later this month, and this might be good.

I've gotten for a month twice, and it works well. you can watch any game, live or delayed. Make sure you have a fast connection though, or it won't be worth it. The gameday audio is great too.

voodoochile
04-13-2005, 09:25 PM
I love it and there are several others who do too. You can do a search in this forum and in the clubhouse for other threads. here is one...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46634

jake27
04-13-2005, 09:30 PM
o man its less than i paid for mlb tv on the mlb web site :mad:

samram
04-13-2005, 10:17 PM
or whatever game ESPN is in the mood to show.

That would be Yankees-Red Sox, 24-7- there is no "whatever." Definitely get mlbtv.

Niagara
04-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Samram-
You've got that right. They showed their favorite match-up again last night, which I ignored, and tuned in later to see the Dodgers.

Thanks, all. MLB TV sounds like a good deal, and we have DSL, so it should work OK.

One question, though - if I watch the Sox, would I get the local coverage with the Hawk for home games, and, say, the local Cleveland announcers when they are at the Indians?

voodoochile
04-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Samram-
You've got that right. They showed their favorite match-up again last night, which I ignored, and tuned in later to see the Dodgers.

Thanks, all. MLB TV sounds like a good deal, and we have DSL, so it should work OK.

One question, though - if I watch the Sox, would I get the local coverage with the Hawk for home games, and, say, the local Cleveland announcers when they are at the Indians?

It doesn't really have a pattern, IMO. The Sox announcers don't get that much coverage on MLB.TV. I think they've had the opposing teams set every game this year almost, but I don't listen to the announcers.

Hawk and DJ did get a game this year, but it's not that common.

OldTwinsFan
04-14-2005, 01:57 PM
This is the second year I have had it and it works well. I think you really have to have the DSL/broadband connection. The only bad thing about it is that sometimes you get the other team's broadcast and announcers.......but that can make it interesting too. Sometimes.....but not often, they do have trouble with the feeds. But if you are a true baseball fan, it is a great way to watch a lot of different games.