PDA

View Full Version : Game 2: Cubs scoring like crazy

Ol' No. 2
04-13-2005, 03:55 PM
NOW tell me this isn't

:corpseball

Dan H
04-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Well, you can't lose them all. but the Cubs always give it their best shot.

maurice
04-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Lawrence pulling a Carrie Wood and sucking up the joint. Even Prior is 2-for-2.

Expect Hairston to return to the bench now that he's reached base all three times.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/coaches/30016.jpg
"Dude, it's still too cold to start a high-yellow brotha like Jerry, dude.
Until a pasty dude like Walker is available, I'll just have to go with that
Perez dude. It gets cold in the DR this time of year."

Jerko
04-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Lawrence ought to be shot giving up that many runs to that lineup. Blanco, Hairston AND Perez, Macias, Dubois? Horrible.

Ol' No. 2
04-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Lawrance isn't that bad. He just doesn't have it today.

SoxSpeed22
04-13-2005, 05:17 PM
NOW tell me this isn't

:corpseball
Not today it ain't. They can drop a train on a starter anytime. Now, watch them score about 7 runs for the series against the Pirates. Then again, that's the Pirates. These guys are built the same way we were, they revolve around the long ball. I suppose they weren't paying attention to us these last 3 years.

santo=dorf
04-13-2005, 05:31 PM
To all the Cubbie lurkers out there; why do you guys routinely bash the Sox having empty seats, yet today's game (along with others) there are a TON of empty seats? :?:

Clement's beard
04-13-2005, 05:54 PM
To all the Cubbie lurkers out there; why do you guys routinely bash the Sox having empty seats, yet today's game (along with others) there are a TON of empty seats? :?:

Attendance is nothing to talk about during April day games. To me, if you have a good team in June and July and are not supporting the team, that's another story. Most of the empty seats this time of the year are due to cold weather, which is at 40 by the lake. But I hear what you're saying.

DumpJerry
04-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Santo, those weren't empty on purpose, they were roped off areas to protect the fans from falling debris..... Drat! Wher'd my teal go to?

Seriously, I was downtown today at 3:45 or so and saw Flub fans pouring out of the subway on their way home from GAME ONE! I'm thinking, it's sunny and there's a doubleheader, why leave early????? Then I looked up the score.:D: Fools.

Foulke You
04-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Attendance is nothing to talk about during April day games.

I couldn't agree more, yet there it was, a topic of discussion immediately from the Chicago media in Game 2 of the Sox/Tribe series at Comiskey. Day after Opening Day, we get 12,000 in the house and suddenly every mediot brings it up. Now, if the Sox are drawing 12,000 in June, then yes, it is a problem...until then, I get bouts of nausea every time I hear attendance brought up.

PatK
04-14-2005, 02:05 PM
In their defense, the tickets for the game said 1:20 start.

Do you expect Cubs fans to know what time the game actually starts?

chisoxmike
04-14-2005, 02:38 PM

Do you expect Cubs fans to know what time the game actually starts?

They come late, leave early.

Ol' No. 2
04-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Do you expect Cubs fans to know what time the game actually starts?And they probably left after the first game, not knowing it was a DH.

"Man, that game was over quick. And those Sox fans think Buehrle works fast. He's got nothing on Kid K."

Rocklive99
04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
They come late, leave early.

And we all know they didn't steal that, just like everything else Flubbie related, from another team. I heard that next year they're changing their names to the Los Angeles Loveable Flubbies of Chicago

DrCrawdad
04-14-2005, 03:35 PM
I couldn't agree more, yet there it was, a topic of discussion immediately from the Chicago media in Game 2 of the Sox/Tribe series at Comiskey. Day after Opening Day, we get 12,000 in the house and suddenly every mediot brings it up. Now, if the Sox are drawing 12,000 in June, then yes, it is a problem...until then, I get bouts of nausea every time I hear attendance brought up.

You're so (darn) right!