PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Santo "Quote of the Day"

seahawk037
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
On WGN radio...

"Kerry didn't pitch a bad game at all today"

If Prior gets shelled this afternoon like he did versus the farm teams last couple of weeks, I don't even want to know what Santo will say.

Iwritecode
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
OK, the 3 errors, bad baserunning and lack of offense probably didn't help but come on?!?

Did he say anything to back this up or is it just another spin job by the Chicago announcers who get paid to put a positive outlook on everything?

Ol' No. 2
04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
OK, the 3 errors, bad baserunning and lack of offense probably didn't help but come on?!?

Did he say anything to back this up or is it just another spin job by the Chicago announcers who get paid to put a positive outlook on everything?He didn't pitch too bad for 5 of those 7 innings. Unfortunately.....

Iwritecode
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
He didn't pitch too bad for 5 of those 7 innings. Unfortunately.....

Yes, but as we know it only takes *coughJoncough* one bad inning *coughGarlandcough*to have a bad game.

seahawk037
04-13-2005, 02:59 PM

Did he say anything to back this up or is it just another spin job by the Chicago announcers who get paid to put a positive outlook on everything?

No, it was one of those "you know Pat..." quotes.

Ol' No. 2
04-13-2005, 03:11 PM
The quotes of the day are on the "Your 2 cents" section of the Trib.

Warning: DO NOT read this while drinking anything you don't want coming out of your nose.

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050412cubsboard,1,7490867.graffitiboard?coll=cs-home-headlines)

cheeses_h_rice
04-13-2005, 03:16 PM
On WGN radio...

"Kerry didn't pitch a bad game at all today"

If Prior gets shelled this afternoon like he did versus the farm teams last couple of weeks, I don't even want to know what Santo will say.

Wow. If that isn't worthy of "Who You Crappin'?" tomorrow on B&B, I'll eat my hat.

:gulp:

maurice
04-13-2005, 03:35 PM
The quotes of the day are on the "Your 2 cents" section of the Trib.

Lots of hate for Dusty, Carrie, and the Messiah. Lots of delusional crap mixed in with an occassional lucid moment.

Many think Wood is overrated, and it's hard to disagree after that first inning. But listen: 1) his career W-L record has virtually nothing to do with his pitching; 2) like many good pitchers, you gotta get'em early; and 3) he's what, 27 years old?

Can someone tell me why people think Dusty Baker is a good manager. I struggle to even think of one thing that he does better than the bottom 1/3 of major league managers. The old thought was he was a player's coach - apparantly Sosa, Farns, Merker, etc werent "players"

Is that Teixeira for Wood deal still available?

I wouldn't mind the Cub having a bad season. This way I won't have to pay an arm and a leg to go to the games because all the bandwagoners would have went back to the Yankee.

I am worried about my own mental health. It is only the 2nd week in April. I am thinking about taking up Yoga......what was that guy's name who used to hang out in the dugout?? Maybe he can help

Oh well, what's another 97 years of waiting....

Good to see the Cubs offense is living up to its usual high standard.

Dusty can't deal with the nurosis of a fanatical fan base that, as a whole, actually knows very little about the game of baseball. I can't blame him.

This is about the time of the game when Sosa would be due for a solo shot to send everyone to the bars happy before a sad defeat.

Wood is really getting nickel and dimed to death today.

Wood and Prior are good pitchers when they aren't on the DL or coming off of it.

Where are all the Dusty bashers now? Perez is 3 for 3 today.

Why does Dusty catch crap about managing a pitching staff but Jack McKeon never hears a word?

Wood proves once again - they stack cow chips tall in Texas.

soxwon
04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Santto the other day, actually used the word SCAMPER.

He was talking about a cubs baserunner and was saying, he hopes he SCAMPERS home.

My God this man is touched some how!!!
just another in a long line of santoisms.