PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated this week

soxfan43
04-13-2005, 01:36 PM
SI had some great sox related quotes this week. The first was Felipe Alou, after being asked if AJ was more offensive minded than Matheny, he says " Yes, He offended everyone." There was also an article about the ScRubs talking about how their fans have gotten edgy. But they also had a little blurb on the Sox 5-2 start. They asked Ozzie why Sox fans to don't whine about curses like cub and red sox fans, " Yuo know why? Because it's an excuse. I don't think we have a curse. We've just had a lot of horse ---- teams." Good to see the Sox getting some national attention, especially another great Ozzie quote.

mikehuff
04-13-2005, 01:39 PM
The same media that is playing up the poor Cubbies and their shot to make it to the World Series. Now they ask about the fans whining about their "curse?"

Give me a break, the national media loves that crap.

Iwritecode
04-13-2005, 03:27 PM
" You know why? Because it's an excuse. I don't think we have a curse. We've just had a lot of horse ---- teams."

I've always had the threory that if you ask that same question to any random Sox fan on the street you would get a similiar reply. :cool:

hdog1017
04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Cub fans always have an excuse for everything. Thats one thing that they are good at, finding excuses.

batmanZoSo
04-13-2005, 03:53 PM
We don't have excuses. We have reasons...:wink:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Did I miss it on this site? But how about Ozzie's interview during the ESPN game? When asked why Buehrle doesn't get talked about more he replied:

"Because he doesn't play on the Red Sox or Yankees."

YES!!! How can you not love Ozzie to death if you are a Sox fan? He is awesome! A nice backhanded rip at the ESPN east coast dominated hype machine, right in their face.:supernana:

Iwritecode
04-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Did I miss it on this site? But how about Ozzie's interview during the ESPN game? When asked why Buehrle doesn't get talked about more he replied:

"Because he doesn't play on the Red Sox or Yankees."

YES!!! How can you not love Ozzie to death if you are a Sox fan? He is awesome! A nice backhanded rip at the ESPN east coast dominated hype machine, right in their face.:supernana:

I think it was mentioned in the game thread. Still a great quote. :)

That's one unique quality that Ozzie has compared to any other guy the Sox could have hired. Having played here, he understands exactly what it means to be a White Sox player and/or fan.