PDA

View Full Version : Who to root for?

StockdaleForVeep
04-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Ive been seeing a trend with sox fans where its become "anyone against the Twins" which is understandable but we need to remember the Twins arent the only al central team that can pose to us a threat.

Initially analysts predicted the AL central being between the twins, indians and tigers, I dunno maybe im just bein weird but im not gonna be rootin on det or other al central teams to beat the twins cuz this still hurts us unless they do the entire season of trading wins. Only time id root for another AL central team is when its down to a playoff spot and we need those wins.

gosox41
04-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Ive been seeing a trend with sox fans where its become "anyone against the Twins" which is understandable but we need to remember the Twins arent the only al central team that can pose to us a threat.

Initially analysts predicted the AL central being between the twins, indians and tigers, I dunno maybe im just bein weird but im not gonna be rootin on det or other al central teams to beat the twins cuz this still hurts us unless they do the entire season of trading wins. Only time id root for another AL central team is when its down to a playoff spot and we need those wins.

Right now the Twins are the biggest threat and I root against them every chance I get. They seem to be a team that starts kind of slow and gets better by June/July (or that's what it seems like, I don't have the stats.)

So I'm rooting against them until someone else has a better record then them.

Bob

SOX ADDICT '73
04-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Not to sound like Dmitri Young here (though he picked the Indians), but I see the Twins as our only real threat. The Tigers and Toons are both a lot like the Sox teams of the last few years, with a powerful but streaky offense (see the Tribe's scoring in our first four games with them: 0 runs, 3, 11, and 1), an inconsistent starting rotation, and a shaky bullpen. They will battle for third place in the division.

I don't worry about the Twins for their talent, which is still formidable despite losing Koskie and Guzman. I worry about them because, since their contraction scare ended in 2002, they seem to have a special aura about them. I won't go so far as to suggest that God is a Twins fan (*shudder*), but it seems nearly every bounce goes their way, every bloop into the outfield finds a hole, and every umpire gives their pitchers' strike zones an eight-inch handicap. Not to mention that every injury/trade/free agent loss produces some obscure minor league prospect who turns into the next great Sox killer.

In short, go Tigers! (for the next two games, anyhow. Then, to hell with you.)

doublem23
04-13-2005, 03:26 PM
The Tigers and the Indians both suck. No worries hoping they beat the Twins.

Banix12
04-13-2005, 03:47 PM
I just want us to beat them all head to head and then have them all beat up on each other. When they go head to head I really don't root against or for anybody. I root for a lot of extra inning games to wear down their pitchers.

gobears1987
04-13-2005, 04:01 PM
With Silva gone, the Twinkies aren't the threat they used to be. It's like us with our Fearful 5th starter that made all opposition shudder.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-13-2005, 04:49 PM
With Silva gone, the Twinkies aren't the threat they used to be. It's like us with our Fearful 5th starter that made all opposition shudder.
Why the teal? I think a big part of the problem was that our 5th starter was fearful...of our fearsome opponents.:wink: