PDA

View Full Version : Ron Kittle on Chicago Tonight (Tue)

Wsoxmike59
04-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Ron Kittle was on Chicago Tonight last night (Tue 4/12) and told the story of how he was gathering auction items for a Cancer Charity Benefit, and asked Barry Bonds to sign a few items for the event. Bonds refused Kittle's request and added "I don't sign anything for white guys."

Kittle said he was so incensced by the comment that he had to be restrained, and Dusty Baker (then the S.F. Giants manager) came to the rescue and tried to smooth the situation over by giving Kittle a number of Giants related memorabilia. (autographed balls, bats etc...)

To turn down a charity that does great work in helping combat a DISEASE FROM WHICH YOUR OWN FATHER DIED FROM....is incomprehensible to me....and then he drags in the race card to boot.

To Barry Bonds I say this with all sincerety....YOU'RE THE BIGGEST ******** ALIVE!!!

ewokpelts
04-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Ron Kittle was on Chicago Tonight last night (Tue 4/12) and told the story of how he was gathering auction items for a Cancer Charity Benefit, and asked Barry Bonds to sign a few items for the event. Bonds refused Kittle's request and added "I don't sign anything for white guys."

Kittle said he was so incensced by the comment that he had to be restrained, and Dusty Baker (then the S.F. Giants manager) came to the rescue and tried to smooth the situation over by giving Kittle a number of Giants related memorabilia. (autographed balls, bats etc...)

To turn down a charity that does great work in helping combat a DISEASE FROM WHICH YOUR OWN FATHER DIED FROM....is incomprehensible to me....and then he drags in the race card to boot.

To Barry Bonds I say this with all sincerety....YOU'RE THE BIGGEST ******** ALIVE!!!he'll sign for white guys...but you have to give him money....he did a signing in new york during teh offseason where he charged $800 an auto
Gene

SpammySosa
04-13-2005, 04:48 PM
To turn down a charity that does great work in helping combat a DISEASE FROM WHICH YOUR OWN FATHER DIED FROM

Just to clarify,the incident happened around 1992.That isn't to take away from what a jackass move it was on Barry's behalf. Kittle talks about this incident in his new book,among other things.Even though Kittle kinda talks in circles,it was great reliving special childhood memories and getting some extra insight.BTW,I talked to Kittle last week at a book signing and he said he just got hired to do some community relations work and other things with the Sox.Always cool for another former player to be on the payroll.:smile: