PDA

View Full Version : ALC trash talk

Shorty1983
04-13-2005, 02:50 AM
Speaking of Young, or Young speaking: Two days after saying he believes the AL Central will come down to the Tigers and Indians, a declaration that caught plenty of attention in Minnesota, Young reiterated his belief while cautioning he didn't mean offense to the Twins.

Not that he thought they were offended, anyway. "It was just a little joke," Young said. "The fans take this stuff more seriously than the players."

Longtime Twin and Young's friend, Torii Hunter, didn't take it too seriously. He reiterated his belief from Spring Training that the Tigers have the best chance to unseat them, but also pointed out the math.

"You can talk all the trash you want, but you've got to take it from us," Hunter said. "We're still the champs. Nobody's better than us until you prove it."

That was the same point made by Trammell. "I don't agree," he said when asked what he thought of his designated hitter's statement. "I've said before and I'll say it again that the team to beat is Minnesota. Make no mistake about it." The Twins have also heard plenty of talk from the White Sox this year, prompting manager Ron Gardenhire to joke about his division's talent -- in trash talk. "We may be the weakest division," he said, "but we all talk better. We'll rank our trash-talking up there with anybody's."

peeonwrigley
04-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Maybe the ALC can have a Big Ten like year - no respect in the regular season but get 2 teams into the playoffs, even the ALCS.

Corlose 15
04-13-2005, 09:20 AM
When was the last time the Sox said something bad about the Twins? Was it Buehrle saying he thought they'd get knocked out in the first round?

jackbrohamer
04-13-2005, 09:26 AM
GAFM the Twinkies whine about disrespect more than any team I have ever heard of in my life. They've beaten the other AL Central teams like lame mules the last 3 years, why can't they be satisfied with that. It's not the Sox' Tigers' or Tribes' fault they can't win a playoff series.

Palehose Pete
04-13-2005, 08:31 PM
All I can say to Dmitri Young, who I like, actually, is thanks for stirring up the hornet's nest and giving Minnesota even more of a reason to play hard. Not that our Sox can't handle the challenge of overcoming an extra-motivated Twins team, but, hey, why create more problems?

santo=dorf
04-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Matt Ginter had to come into tonight's game against Minnesota because Jason Johnson is so terrible. :(: 5-2 Twins.

BTW, isn't this the worst photoshop ever? http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_215197.jpg :rolling: