PDA

View Full Version : tigers-twins thread 4-12

soxwon
04-12-2005, 07:31 PM
bottom of first 1-0 tigers YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

munchman33
04-12-2005, 07:34 PM
bottom of first 1-0 tigers YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If you ask Dmitri Young, we should be hoping the Twins win this game.

Karl
04-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Go Twins! :D:

doublem23
04-12-2005, 07:35 PM
He'd probably also tell you that everyone else should just save themselves the trouble of paying attention to the next 155 or so games since the Tigers obviously have assembled the best team in baseball.

BRDSR
04-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Watching it on MLB TV. Maroth looked decent in the first inning. Dmitri Young aside, I want to see the Tigers take this game. The twins will be there in September, the Tigers will not.

elrod
04-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Go Tigers. The Twins are the enemy. Maroth is nibbling in the 2nd.

Karl
04-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Whoooo! Game tied 1-1! Bartlett homers first pro HR!

soxwon
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
det 3 minn 1 5th inning

soltrain21
04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Whoooo! Game tied 1-1! Bartlett homers first pro HR!

You might want to watch yourself, don't get too happy.

SluggersAway
04-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Be careful what you wish for. If the Twinkies continue as is and the Tigers do to, we could have a new enemy #1.

Banix12
04-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Go Craig Monroe. Having a good night and helping my joke fantasy team made entirely of players who have the same last name as former US Presidents.

You know, I want the Tigers to win this game, but I think Dmitri Young is partially right. We should watch out for the Tigers, at least when they face the sox. It seems the last two years the Tigers have have played us incredibly hard. You can probably chalk up our losing in 03 to our inablity to beat up on them when they were whipping boys. I almost fear facing the tigers head to head more than the Twins, since lately we can at least play the Twins to the point where we are around .500 for the season.

Karl
04-12-2005, 08:33 PM
3-2 Tigers Cuddyer homers for the Twins! Mays is a little shaky, but it is first start after Tommy John Surgery.

santo=dorf
04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Maggs is still 0 for the season with a couple more strikeouts.

SluggersAway
04-12-2005, 09:02 PM
my joke fantasy team made entirely of players who have the same last name as former US Presidents.

More info please. We could all use a history lesson. Please post your team.

TDog
04-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Go Craig Monroe. Having a good night and helping my joke fantasy team made entirely of players who have the same last name as former US Presidents....

If you tried hard enough, you might be able to come up with a fantasy team of former players with the same last name as the current US president.

It would probably require you to go into the Bush leagues, though.

soxwon
04-12-2005, 09:20 PM
4-3 tigers bottom of 7

i hope the twins dont make their usual late innings comeback.

SluggersAway
04-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Tigers up no thanks to Magglio(0-4) and Washington wins no thanks to Loaiza.

soxwon
04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
CRAP

twins tie it , now in top of 9
they allways come back, i hate that team.

Banix12
04-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Ok, now it is possible to make a fantasy US President team, but three things. It sucks, there isn't a 3rd Baseman and it's mostly made of Wilsons, Adams and Johnsons. I'm using the Yahoo Fantasy league.

Catchers - Dan Wilson, Vance Wilson and Charles Johnson
1st base - Craig Wilson and Nick Johnson
2nd - Adam Kennedy (Currently on DL so using Mark Bellhorn as a secondary musical theme)
SS - Jack Wilson and Russ Adams
3rd - No 3rd base (So I'm using David Bell, A bell in Philadelphia sounds patriotic)
OF - Lew Ford, Craig Monroe, Trot Nixon, Preston Wilson, Reed Johnson

Starting Pitchers - Joe Kennedy, David Bush, Paul Wilson, Jason Johnson (you can use Randy Johnson but I have two teams in the league and he's on the good one)
Relievers - Mike Adams, Terry Adams, Lance Carter, Mike Lincoln (on DL)

Karl
04-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Twins Win 5-4!

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Old hat for the Twins. Just another late inning win.

santo=dorf
04-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Uribina is so overrated, and what is the Twins record when someone starts a thread at WSI? It always seems like they win. :mad:

FightingBillini
04-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Twins Win 5-4!
:dtroll:

If you plan on staying on this board, you might not want to celebrate a Twins win. No exclamation points. No gloating.:mad:

spawn
04-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I hate to say it, but I was hoping for a Twins win. Not because I'm a fan, but after what Dmitri Young said, I was hoping the Twins would shut him up and show him that it won't be just the Indians the Tiggers will need to fear.

MRKARNO
04-12-2005, 10:28 PM

If you plan on staying on this board, you might not want to celebrate a Twins win. No exclamation points. No gloating.:mad:

I was thinking the same thing. Rational discussion is one thing. Gloating is another. You have the MLB boards for that, but gloating won't allow you to stay here long. Which is too bad, because we need a few more ma-gagas around here to provide for some interesting conversations.

elrod
04-12-2005, 10:42 PM
How did the Twins score in the ninth? I saw they scored in the eighth thanks to two lead-off walks and then got nailed at the plate before taking the lead. But nothing on the ninth.

soxwon
04-12-2005, 10:43 PM
come on guys

the object is to get ahead as far as we can, in front of the twins.

the tigers are not a threat, to hell with what young says

we need everyone to beat the twins.

Rocklive99
04-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Eh, I'd say leave him be, since it's not like he created the thread and he was posting some info throughout the game.

Not sure how to feel about this, always want to see Minny lose, but also like to see Dmitri get ownt. I do hope that the new look Tigers will at least let them compete in games against Minny tho, the Tigers laying down to the Twins has absolutely killed us in the standings these last couple of years, especially a lot that were played down the stretch when we needed to gain some ground.

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 10:46 PM
How did the Twins score in the ninth? I saw they scored in the eighth thanks to two lead-off walks and then got nailed at the plate before taking the lead. But nothing on the ninth.

Bottom 9TH B:0 S:0 O:0
Pitcher Change: Troy Percival replaces Ugueth Urbina.
Bottom 9TH B:0 S:0 O:0
Lew Ford singles on a soft line drive to center fielder Nook Logan.
Bottom 9TH B:0 S:0 O:1
Michael Cuddyer out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher Troy Percival to second baseman Omar Infante. Lew Ford to 2nd.
Offensive Substitution: Pinch hitter Nick Punto replaces Luis Rivas.
Bottom 9TH B:4 S:2 O:1
Nick Punto walks.
Shannon Stewart hits a ground-rule double (1) on a fly ball to right-center field. Lew Ford scores. Nick Punto to 3rd.

Jurr
04-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Nobody's going to be helping us a whole lot in beating the Twins. The Tigers have a great lineup, but they're going to be put in those situations where good teams can keep the game close and put them away late. Look at Cleveland. The Tribe kills the ball all weekend against Detroit, only to be shut down AGAIN by the Sox staff. I see the same thing happening with Detroit. Starting pitching and a good relief corps will help the cream (Minn and the Sox) rise to the top, while the Tigers and Indians (which remind me of...well, the old Sox) will flop.

If Minnesota goes down, it's going to be the Sox putting them into the ground.

Karl
04-12-2005, 10:57 PM

Wow, it is real stick in hear. Ok I will tone it down; though I want to point out that my intensions were not meant to shove it in anyone’s face.

Karl
04-12-2005, 10:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Rational discussion is one thing. Gloating is another. You have the MLB boards for that, but gloating won't allow you to stay here long. Which is too bad, because we need a few more ma-gagas around here to provide for some interesting conversations.

As I stated above I will tone it down, but if you look at the rest of my post I would say I have been pretty reasonable.

SluggersAway
04-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Great job Banix! Thanks. This should be an easy way to teach history for any teachers out there.

SluggersAway
04-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Here is the US Vice President Fantasy Team:

Terry Adams
Mike Adams
Russ Adams

Homer Bush
David Bush

Chad Curtis

Ben Ford
Lew Ford
Matt Ford

Geof Geary (Gerry)

Brian Johnson
Charles Johnson
Mark P. Johnson
Mike Johnson
Russ Johnson
Jason Johnson
Mark Johnson
Jonathon Johnson
Nick Johnson
Adam Johnson
Rontrez Johnson
Reed Johnson
Gary Johnson
Randy Johnson

Ray King

Trot Nixon

Garrett Stephenson (Stevenson)

Jeff Wallace

Dan Wheeler

Dan Wilson
Paul Wilson
Enrique Wilson
Preston Wilson
Tom Wilson
Vance Wilson
Chris Wilson
Craig Wilson
Jack Wilson

batmanZoSo
04-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Every time I skim through one of these, I see the twins losing and I see a bunch of bananas and exclamations, then I see posts like....

Crap. Twins tie it. :angry:
Crap. I hate this team! :mad:
Crap. Twins win 5-4. :whiner:

SpartanSoxFan
04-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Uribina is so overrated, and what is the Twins record when someone starts a thread at WSI? It always seems like they win. :mad:

Urbina sucks. I picked him up as a free agent for my fantasy team, but he has been godawful in all of his appearances this year, not to mention that he lost his closer role to Percival. I dropped his butt like a bad habit.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-13-2005, 01:04 AM
Wow, it is real stick in hear. Ok I will tone it down; though I want to point out that my intensions were not meant to shove it in anyone’s face.
I will attempt to translate, Karl: "strict in here?"

If so, I say in response that what you may view as strictness, most of the rest of us see as zero tolerance for trolls who post only to antagonize (e.g. Alonzo in the Illini/NC threads). You'll notice that many who post here are fans of other teams; they stick around because they behave respectfully.

There are plenty of message boards out there where every thread looks like the worst of the worst from our ****house. This is a place for intelligent (and, at times, humorous) discussions about the White Sox, baseball in general, or anything else that may cross your mind.

I'm glad you're willing to "tone it down," Karl. Otherwise, you'll find yourself ignored at best, or at worst, BANNED. And that would be a shame, since I think it's going to be an interesting season for your Twins and our Sox.

Iwritecode
04-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Every time I skim through one of these, I see the twins losing and I see a bunch of bananas and exclamations, then I see posts like....

Crap. Twins tie it. :angry:
Crap. I hate this team! :mad:
Crap. Twins win 5-4. :whiner:

This is why I proposed one time that we should never make a thread about the Twins games until they are over.

Even if the thread is created when they are losing 8 - 0 in the 9th inning they always seem to find a way to come back... :(:

Foulke You
04-13-2005, 11:54 AM
the Tigers laying down to the Twins has absolutely killed us in the standings these last couple of years, especially a lot that were played down the stretch when we needed to gain some ground.

In addition to laying down for the Twins, the Tigers always seem to play above their heads when going against us.:(:

ma-gaga
04-13-2005, 01:32 PM

doh. Don't do that. There's enough of me to go around.

The question was how the Twins won:

Allan Trammel is a moron. He wasted 3 relief pitchers in the SIXTH inning. He got into a BULLPEN battle with the Twins, and he's going to lose that one 5 times out of 6. Uggy Urbina looked terrible. He walked the first two men he faced. He got lucky that LeCroy didn't hit one out. He got lucky that a passed ball didn't score Mauer from third. Damn that other catcher named Pudge is pretty good defensively.

Percival got squeezed by the ump a little as well. While NICK PUNTO was batting. There was no "K-Zone", so I have no idea how far off the plate his pitches were, but that was easily the biggest at bat in the ninth inning.

Joe Mays pitched well enough to win. Terry Mullholland pitched bad enough to lose. Mullholland is a mopup guy and got pulled in the middle of a count. Up until that point Mullholland was lucky and all of his pitches were smoked "right at them" and turned into outs. At least Mays had a little bit of skill involved. The rest of the Twins bullpen is on fire. Rincon is simply amazing. I don't think he pitched one ball in his inning of relief.

Trammel got into a battle of bullpens. That's how they lost the game.
He brought a proverbial knife to a gun fight.

:gulp:

Mickster
04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Allan Trammel is a moron. He wasted 3 relief pitchers in the SIXTH inning. He got into a BULLPEN battle with the Twins, and he's going to lose that one 5 times out of 6.

Sounds like Ozzie on April 7...... :(: