PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Game Postponed????

Tekijawa
04-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Seems a little early to call the game? Bet Prior doesn't make the start for the DH tomorrow!

daveeym
04-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Seems a little early to call the game? Bet Prior doesn't make the start for the DH tomorrow! Nah there's a band of rain just sitting all across the city and actually moving northwest instead of clearing out. I'm thinking the same thing though about prior.

Foulke You
04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
The way that swamp of a field "drains" there is no way they are going to get that game in today. As Sox fans observed last year during the crosstown series, all it takes is an hour of persistant rain and you have pools of water collecting everywhere. At least the Red Sox were smart enough to upgrade the drainage system and field at Fenway Park, the Cubs were too busy counting their scalping profits to worry about upgrading the drainage system at the "shrine".

jdm2662
04-12-2005, 03:43 PM
What a bunch of sissies. My high school soccer game, 15 and 16 year-old girls that I ref today, is going to be played. And soccer is a wuss sport? This day is quite crappy as it is. Then again, the field drainage there is a joke. They actually have sewers at the stadium I'm going to!
________
Honda city (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_City)

Fenway
04-12-2005, 03:48 PM
At least the Red Sox were smart enough to upgrade the drainage system and field at Fenway Park, the Cubs were too busy counting their scalping profits to worry about upgrading the drainage system at the "shrine".

and hired the White Sox guy to do the job :smile:

kittle42
04-12-2005, 04:31 PM
You would think that if the Messiah wanted to pitch, He could have stopped the rain.

Ol' No. 2
04-12-2005, 04:39 PM
You would think that if the Messiah wanted to pitch, He could have stopped the rain.:rolling:

Risk
04-12-2005, 05:08 PM
You would think that if the Messiah wanted to pitch, He could have stopped the rain.

:D:

Risk

Jerko
04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Kittle, quit stealing my jokes. :tongue:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=648569&postcount=8

34 Inch Stick
04-12-2005, 05:53 PM
It will be nice to see that Cub bullpen get abused tomorrow. Even if Prior does well, he will not be going more than 6 innings. Then they will have Kerry Wood(s) going in game 2. I would be shocked if he goes more than 6.

I would love to see Hawkins blow 2 saves in one day.

DumpJerry
04-12-2005, 06:23 PM
I can see it now. Flubs get swept in the DH tomorrow. The reason why they lost Game One: Thinking ahead to Game Two. The reason why they lost Game Two: tired from Game One. The reasoning behind the the loss of Game Two does not, I repeat, does not apply to the other team. The other team only thinks they played two.........

If this makes 100% sence to you, you might be a closeted Flub fan..............

WhteSox725
04-13-2005, 09:51 AM

He called on the rain because he didn't want to have to make his first start against Peavy. His divine intervention made Wood have to go against Peavy and Himself go against Lawrence.

munchman33
04-13-2005, 10:02 AM
He called on the rain because he didn't want to have to make his first start against Peavy. His divine intervention made Wood have to go against Peavy and Himself go against Lawrence.

With the Cubs offense, neither matchup will matter. Both guys can easily shut the Cubs down.