PDA

View Full Version : Podsednik on MLBRadio Now

Spicoli
04-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Go to http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp and click on MLB Radio. They are interviewing Podsednik during Baseball Brunch show.

elrod
04-12-2005, 02:03 PM
On the groin, he said it was just a little tight. Had been so before the game and then tightened up "real good" after he stole a base in the sixth inning. He wanted to go easy a "couple days" and then make sure it's fine so he doesn't have to miss 2-3 weeks. Hopefully the day off will give him those "couple days" and he'll feel better tomorrow!

mweflen
04-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Yes. All respect to Pablo or Timo, I'd rather see Pods in there to lead off. He has been good so far - using his speed in just the right spots to spark a struggling offense.

PAPChiSox729
04-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Pods is very important to this team. After just watching 7 games, it is easy to see why his speed is so important. For this team to win, Pods has to have a good year. Get well soon, Pods!

CubKiller5
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
We need Pods in there.

Unlike many people I don't look at the Lee trade based on the timing of the trade & who it afforded the White Sox. I look at it as where the money was spent & which part of it best fits as a replacement for Lee. I come up with Davis, Dye, & Vizcaino. Their total cost is near 8 mil (same as Lee's) & Dye is the everyday OF who is expected to replace most of Lee's production.

I think most of us would agree that we needed a player like Pods. He was amongst the league leaders in 3 categories over the last 2 yrs: stolen bases, reaching base via fielder's choice, & sacrifice hits (bunts, squeeze plays). Those are the intangibles you need in a player to play small ball & it's rare to find success in all 3 in one player. So I'm not going to measure Pods vs Lee for this trade.

Dye is obviously the biggest measure since he will be an everyday OF & hit in the middle of the order most of the year. Vizcaino's performance in the pen would be next. And finally Davis' impact in the minors would be 3rd. Will Davis have a positive impact on our young pitchers in Charlotte?

Right now the trade looks pretty bad. Lee (887 OPS) vs Dye (598 OPS) & Vizcaino's (2.45 WHIP, 17.18 ERA). There are 155 games left to turn the tide on this.

Of course it would be in the best interest of the White Sox & Lee to remain on friendly terms. If Milw has difficultly in signing Lee to an extension it's not out of the question they would trade him back to the White Sox in his final year. Especially give the talent pool the Sox have in OFers & arms. The Sox wouldn't make that trade unless they could sign him themselves. This is why I was hoping Ozzie would have said something about Lee's hard play over the weekend.

Ozzie will have many opportunities to praise Lee this season. More Cub games & then the 6 Twin games. If Lee is worthy of praise then I hope Ozzie says something. I would sure like to see him back in a White Sox uniform some day.

04-12-2005, 06:12 PM
We lost Frank and Jose to groin pulls early last year too...I think Jose tried coming back after a coiuple days and ended up on 15 day DL and a rehad assigment (who can forget his 1-15 and 14K performance down there)...I sawy we give him as long as he needs, I would rest him until at least Friday, and I think Ozzie will...they got rid of Carlos for him, they are going to handle with care

Jurr
04-12-2005, 07:48 PM
We need Pods in there.

Unlike many people I don't look at the Lee trade based on the timing of the trade & who it afforded the White Sox. I look at it as where the money was spent & which part of it best fits as a replacement for Lee. I come up with Davis, Dye, & Vizcaino. Their total cost is near 8 mil (same as Lee's) & Dye is the everyday OF who is expected to replace most of Lee's production.

I think most of us would agree that we needed a player like Pods. He was amongst the league leaders in 3 categories over the last 2 yrs: stolen bases, reaching base via fielder's choice, & sacrifice hits (bunts, squeeze plays). Those are the intangibles you need in a player to play small ball & it's rare to find success in all 3 in one player. So I'm not going to measure Pods vs Lee for this trade.

Dye is obviously the biggest measure since he will be an everyday OF & hit in the middle of the order most of the year. Vizcaino's performance in the pen would be next. And finally Davis' impact in the minors would be 3rd. Will Davis have a positive impact on our young pitchers in Charlotte?

Right now the trade looks pretty bad. Lee (887 OPS) vs Dye (598 OPS) & Vizcaino's (2.45 WHIP, 17.18 ERA). There are 155 games left to turn the tide on this.

Of course it would be in the best interest of the White Sox & Lee to remain on friendly terms. If Milw has difficultly in signing Lee to an extension it's not out of the question they would trade him back to the White Sox in his final year. Especially give the talent pool the Sox have in OFers & arms. The Sox wouldn't make that trade unless they could sign him themselves. This is why I was hoping Ozzie would have said something about Lee's hard play over the weekend.

Ozzie will have many opportunities to praise Lee this season. More Cub games & then the 6 Twin games. If Lee is worthy of praise then I hope Ozzie says something. I would sure like to see him back in a White Sox uniform some day.
This trade definitely DOES NOT look bad. Number 1, there have been lots of reports on Lee's questionable clubhouse demeanor. This may be sour grapes talk from his former teammates, but it seems to have relevance.
Vizcaino's WHIP is extremely inflated due to the fact that he was left out to dry during the Indians debacle. He was not meant to pitch 3 innings, and the first inning that he was in was phenomenal.
Dye has done nothing but play solid defense and hit a clutch homer to tie a game up that we eventually won. Podsednik has already scored a number of big runs with his legs, and singlehandedly pr0vided the offense to get us this latest win. He's a huge benefit to a team starving (for years) for a true leadoff man.
Factor in El Duque and Pierzynski (also acquired because of the Lee trade), and we come WAY ahead in the deal. This is the reason we're 5-2 right now.

CubKiller5
04-13-2005, 12:25 PM
This trade definitely DOES NOT look bad. Number 1, there have been lots of reports on Lee's questionable clubhouse demeanor. This may be sour grapes talk from his former teammates, but it seems to have relevance.
Vizcaino's WHIP is extremely inflated due to the fact that he was left out to dry during the Indians debacle. He was not meant to pitch 3 innings, and the first inning that he was in was phenomenal.
Dye has done nothing but play solid defense and hit a clutch homer to tie a game up that we eventually won. Podsednik has already scored a number of big runs with his legs, and singlehandedly pr0vided the offense to get us this latest win. He's a huge benefit to a team starving (for years) for a true leadoff man.
Factor in El Duque and Pierzynski (also acquired because of the Lee trade), and we come WAY ahead in the deal. This is the reason we're 5-2 right now.

I think I will just agree to disagree with you. I'm weighing Lee's performance vs Dye, Vizcaino, & Davis because $ wise the salaries are near even & because keeping Lee & getting Pods means no Dye. Vizcaino was part of the trade so it's obvious to include him & Davis is making a mil.

I don't include AJ or El Duque because I don't see where keeping or trading Lee has any impact on them.

I agree with you that Ozzie overused Vizcaino early & that wrecked his WHIP & ERA. That's why I said there are 155 gms left to evaluate this trade for this year. Long term it still might favor the White Sox.

Since this is a Pods thread I'd like to mention that Lee was 2/4 last night but never advanced into scoring position. The Brewers lost. This emphasizes how important a player like Pods is. If Pods reaches twice in a game the odds are high that he will advance into scoring position at least once in that game.

Flight #24
04-13-2005, 12:31 PM
I think I will just agree to disagree with you. I'm weighing Lee's performance vs Dye, Vizcaino, & Davis because $ wise the salaries are near even & because keeping Lee & getting Pods means no Dye. Vizcaino was part of the trade so it's obvious to include him & Davis is making a mil.

I don't include AJ or El Duque because I don't see where keeping or trading Lee has any impact on them.

From a timing perspective, IIRC Dye was acquired prior to the Lee trade, so I don't believe that he's the right comparison point. Also, you couldn't have acquired Pods wihtout giving up Lee. So I'm not sure how you can say "keeping Lee & getting Pods means no Dye".

After freeing up salary by making the trade, the Sox signed Hernandez, Pierzynski, & Iguchi. Take your pick of 2 of those 3 to include in your comparison. Lee+Grilli+Davis+Adkins or Pods+Duque+AJP+Vizcaino --> That's a no brainer, IMO.

ChiSoxBobette
04-13-2005, 02:31 PM

I agree with you that Ozzie overused Vizcaino early & that wrecked his WHIP & ERA. That's why I said there are 155 gms left to evaluate this trade for this year. Long term it still might favor the White Sox.

Since this is a Pods thread I'd like to mention that Lee was 2/4 last night but never advanced into scoring position. The Brewers lost. This emphasizes how important a player like Pods is. If Pods reaches twice in a game the odds are high that he will advance into scoring position at least once in that game.

You're way wrong about the C.Lee to the brewers trade , we already had Dye, lets face it we needed a leadoff man and Pods has been just as important to the White Sox as C.Lee has been to the Brewers. As they say you have to give up something to get something and the Brewers wanted C.Lee we don't know what KW dangled out there for Pods and Carlos was what the B's wanted, besides I think this all talk about C.Lee for Pods would have been for not if we would have signed Omar Vizquel and if we had who knows maybe we would'nt be doing as good as we have been.Who knows maybe the Brewers won't sign C.Lee and we get him back after the All-Star break as we make our run for the Al Central Title, AL playoffs & WS.