PDA

View Full Version : Sandberg's "Power" rankings

mjharrison72
04-12-2005, 12:12 PM
The Sox obviously don't belong in the bottom five, but six quality starts in seven games don't even warrant a mention in the top ten? To think I used to respect Ryne Sandberg... this guy seems to have the baseball sense of a fart in the bucket as a Yahoo Sports columnist.
linky (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpMGlxY3AxBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwNv ZQ--?slug=rs-rankings041105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

SOXSINCE'70
04-12-2005, 12:15 PM
And I should care about this why??:dunno: :dunno:

If people want to hate on the Sox, F 'em.
Hopefully,the team will prove all naysyaers wrong
come October.

Brian26
04-12-2005, 12:26 PM
The Sox obviously don't belong in the bottom five, but six quality starts in seven games don't even warrant a mention in the top ten? To think I used to respect Ryne Sandberg... this guy seems to have the baseball sense of a fart in the bucket as a Yahoo Sports columnist.
linky (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpMGlxY3AxBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwNv ZQ--?slug=rs-rankings041105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Sandberg has nothing to say.

Not much was mentioned of it when AM 1000 decided not to bring him back as a baseball analyst this year...in his HOF induction year....so that tells you how bad he was last year on the radio.

santo=dorf
04-12-2005, 12:34 PM
How does this idiot have the Twins at #5 after they just lost a series to us? :?:

Clembasbal
04-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Fine, don't put us in the Top 10...but not even the team on the rise?

I really don't care too much, I actually believe that we re going to suprise some media peeps.

mjharrison72
04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Fine, don't put us in the Top 10...but not even the team on the rise?

I really don't care too much, I actually believe that we re going to suprise some media peeps.
Exactly... I guess why I was left scratching my head on this is it may as well have been written before the season started. But now that it has, and the Sox have won their first two series and looked good doing it, I thought we'd be worth mentioning. Nothing new, though.

Frater Perdurabo
04-12-2005, 01:31 PM
A number of years ago someone in the Chicago media (yes, it's true) said Sandberg was the intellectual equivalent of a turnip, with a personality to match. This is why he didn't get very many endorsement deals during his prime.

Foulke You
04-12-2005, 01:45 PM
The Cubs get ranked #9 at 3W-3L and the (at the time) 4W-2L Sox don't make the list? How are the 2W-3L Cards better than the Stros at 4W-1L? I thought power rankings were supposed to reflect current team's performance?:?: It's like he is just sticking with his early season predictions and completely ignoring what happened in the first week of the season.

BigEdWalsh
04-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Wow. Sandberg is even more of an idiot than I already thought he was.:kukoo:

PatK
04-12-2005, 04:22 PM
We're ranked so low because of all the Latinos on the team, and he doesn't want them to steal his wife again.

SpammySosa
04-12-2005, 05:00 PM
We're ranked so low because of all the Latinos on the team, and he doesn't want them to steal his wife again.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-12-2005, 05:39 PM
This list sucks. Why make power rankings DURING THE SEASON if you're aren't going to base them off of what's happened in the season so far? For example, David Wells has sucked, so the Red Sox shouldn't be ranked near the top just because it's known that he could be good, because he isn't right NOW! :angry: Ahhh...why do I even waste my time looking at power rankings for any sport...

dcb33
04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
How about these Power Rankings:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8379097

skobabe8
04-12-2005, 08:05 PM
How about these Power Rankings:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8379097

The Braves, White Sox and Blue Jays are leading baseball right now, but only the Braves figure to stay atop the charts.

The current rankings are accurate, but dig a little deeper and you'll find that quote.

havelj
04-12-2005, 09:24 PM
You can send Ryno a message from the link of his name. I sent this:

Why do you not have the White Sox in the Top 10? It's as easy as diving for a ground ball.

dcb33
04-12-2005, 09:45 PM
The current rankings are accurate, but dig a little deeper and you'll find that quote.

Yeah, I saw that when I first read it- it's definitely a backhanded compliment, but at least he gave the Sox props for starting strong.