PDA

View Full Version : Under the Radar? Sox #2 in CBS Power Rankings

Jurr
04-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Wow. Here's the link.
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings

Sox-on-TV44
04-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Since we're on a CBS-related thread,I can say......

"WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP!!!!(Movin' on up!!!)
TO THE EAST SIDE (Movin' on up!!!).
WE'VE FINALLY GOT A PIECE OF THE PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!!!!!"

The Jeffersons were on CBS!!!!!

But seriously,good to see the power rankings sees the Sox early success.But their wrong about Atlanta being the only team hanging at the top late in the season!The Sox can hang in there too.

Mickster
04-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Wow. Here's the link.
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings

Then throws in a small knock...

The Braves, White Sox and Blue Jays are leading baseball right now, but only the Braves figure to stay atop the charts.

RustyKuntz
04-12-2005, 11:25 AM
I like the ranking, but if you read the article it says...

"The Braves, White Sox and Blue Jays are leading baseball right now, but only the Braves figure to stay atop the charts."

It looks like the Sox still have some convincing to do.

Sox-on-TV44
04-12-2005, 11:28 AM

"The Braves, White Sox and Blue Jays are leading baseball right now, but only the Braves figure to stay atop the charts."

I know.It's hard to please a media who infulenced by the Yanks,Red Sox,and dare I say it?The Flubs.

Tekijawa
04-12-2005, 11:30 AM
...and dare I say it?The Flubs.

They're moving up now that Prior and Wood are back! Wood has been back hasn't he? And Prior can only affect every 5th game last I checked?

jabrch
04-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Those things sucked when they had us in the low 20s. The sucked when they had us in the teens. And they still suck.

There is no way you can generate such a radically changed opinion on a team based on nothing more than 7 games. Where the hell were these people 2 weeks ago?

tstrike2000
04-12-2005, 11:37 AM
They're moving up now that Prior and Wood are back! Wood has been back hasn't he? And Prior can only affect every 5th game last I checked?

You would be correct. CBS Sportsline probably gets their influence from the Cubune.

MisterB
04-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Most of those 'Power Rankings' are about recent performance and little else. They're generally pretty useless.

Jurr
04-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Those things sucked when they had us in the low 20s. The sucked when they had us in the teens. And they still suck.

There is no way you can generate such a radically changed opinion on a team based on nothing more than 7 games. Where the hell were these people 2 weeks ago?
Amen, brotha!!!!!!!!!!!

mweflen
04-12-2005, 11:58 AM

Teki, such logic! Didn't you know that the holy future-hall-of-fame trinity of Wood, Prior and Zambrano would finally deliver we Chicago Fans (who all love the Cubs) the world series title we finally deserve?

mikehuff
04-12-2005, 12:02 PM
#18 - Detroit Tigers

"Magglio Ordonez might not reach those incentive clauses."

CubKiller5
04-12-2005, 12:04 PM

Chicago White Sox: Impressive start vs. top division foes. Following Braves' pitching-and-defense lead.

I think that softens the blow from the statement above.

Beckett-mania: Josh Beckett hasn't allowed a R & has 17K's in his first 2 starts.

Funny how: Cubs #8, Brewers #20. Notes the Brewers are beating up the Pirates. I guess they didn't see the Brewers beating up the Cubbies.

SOXSINCE'70
04-12-2005, 12:19 PM
#18 - Detroit Tigers

"Magglio Ordonez might not reach those incentive clauses."

Gee,who'da thunk it??:roflmao: :roflmao:

SOXSINCE'70
04-12-2005, 12:22 PM
I know.It's hard to please a media who infulenced by the Yanks,Red Sox,and dare I say it?The Flubs.

A beautiful thought in October:
NONE OF THEM MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!:party: :party:

(I know it won't happen,but it would be great
to see those three watching the White Sox in
the ALDS from their TV's at home).

Infallible
04-12-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't beleive it, that must've been written by Dan Rather.

spiffie
04-12-2005, 12:40 PM
A beautiful thought in October:
NONE OF THEM MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!:party: :party:

(I know it won't happen,but it would be great
to see those three watching the White Sox in
the ALDS from their TV's at home).

I hope they all make the playoffs so that we see the following:

ALDS: White Sox over Yankees in 5
ALCS: White Sox over Red Sox in 6
WS: White Sox over Cubs in 4.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-12-2005, 12:49 PM

Yep, it's all useless.

hdog1017
04-12-2005, 01:00 PM
On Yahoo, preverbial asshat Ryne Sandberg doesn't have the Sox in the top 10 but he has the douchebags 9th. It doesn't surprise me though, Sandberg was about as knowledgeable as a piece of cardboard as an analyst last year with ESPN 1000. Santo would have the Cubs second behind Chevy.

BankHoldUp
04-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Hilarious that "rankings" like this are even put out after 1 week of the season. For any credibility, these media outlets should wait at least 1 month into the season to see how things are shaping up. Toronto is 1st in the AL East while the Red Sox are actually "ranked" ahead of them in the CBS listings. I guess it stirs up debate but how can you realistically rank anyone after a week of baseball? Kind of silly really.

PAPChiSox729
04-12-2005, 02:22 PM
WS: White Sox over Cubs in 4.

What a World Series that would be! I don't know if I could handle that though. Some of us were worring during the second game versus Cleveland, I don't want to think about a World Series against the Cubs!

SoxxoS
04-12-2005, 02:24 PM
What a World Series that would be! I don't know if I could handle that though. Some of us were worring during the second game versus Cleveland, I don't want to think about a World Series against the Cubs!

If we lost to the Cubs in the World Series I would be on the first plane out of O'hare to Tibet.

Lip Man 1
04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Sox Since 70:

You're right it isn't going to happen.

Lip

downstairs
04-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Come on. Power rankings are just a way to summarize the week, of which the Sox had pretty much one of the best.

It has nothing to do with their picks to win anything in October, positive or negative.

I was disturbed by the knock that the Sox would not be around later in the year, along with Toronto.

CubKiller5
04-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Don't get me started on the Cub. All of the evaluations of that team are exagerated. Wood & Prior are not likely to finish a year without a month or two on the DL between them. They have glaring holes at LF, 2B, & Burnitz will probably once again be among the league leaders in K's.

The pitching is highly over-rated. Especially the bullpen.

NL teams as good or better than the Cub:
STL, ATL, FLM, SDP, LAD
teams that could be as good as the Cub:
SFG, NYM, PHI, MIL, HOU
teams that can compete with the Cub:
CIN

AL teams as good or better than the CWS:
NYY, BOS, OAK, MIN, LAA
teams that could be as good as the CWS:
TOR, BAL, CLE, DET, SEA
teams that can compete with the CWS:
TEX

That's the way it shapes up right now. But let's see with each passing month what happens. I expect teams to drop out of the CWS lists but I don't expect the same to happen with the Cub.

Not to say I told you so, but SD 4, Cub 0 bot 1. :D: