PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See KW And The Boys On Saturday?

mikehuff
04-12-2005, 08:11 AM
There are two articles today (Tribune and Suntimes) about KW meeting up with 10 players at a bar in Minneapolis on Saturday night. I guess the bar was called "The Local."
Anyone happen to run into them? I was up there with a few buddies for the weekend, but I don't know where "The Local" is.

grizzbr
04-12-2005, 09:15 AM
I live up here (unfortunately) and have never heard of the Local, Maybe the boys stayed out a little too late on Saturday night. A win on Sunday would have capped off a very nice weekend at the Footballdome.

Rocky Soprano
04-12-2005, 09:20 AM
I live up here (unfortunately) and have never heard of the Local, Maybe the boys stayed out a little too late on Saturday night. A win on Sunday would have capped off a very nice weekend at the Footballdome.

Yeah, damn them for wanting to enjoy themselves! Who do they think they are?

Palehose13
04-12-2005, 09:22 AM

I might agree with you if it was a day game, but I am sure that they were able to sleep in and were fine by 7pm.

mweflen
04-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Seriously, it's like the Cubune and the Scum-Times got the same three press releases today or something. "Windy Game", "Team Chemistry" and "Ozzie tells Shingo to get revenge"

ChiSoxRowand
04-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Did it say who the ten players were? I am not against them going to the bar when they have a night game, I'm just curious who the players were.

mikehuff
04-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Did it say who the ten players were? I am not against them going to the bar when they have a night game, I'm just curious who the players were.

No it didn't, but I'll bet you AJ led them over there!

OfficerKarkovice
04-12-2005, 12:15 PM
There are two articles today (Tribune and Suntimes) about KW meeting up with 10 players at a bar in Minneapolis on Saturday night. I guess the bar was called "The Local."
Anyone happen to run into them? I was up there with a few buddies for the weekend, but I don't know where "The Local" is.

It's an big Irish Pub downtown in the Nicollet Mall area...actually on the corner of Nicollet Ave. and 10th St. I believe. It's a quality place...right down the street from Brits Pub - another good spot.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-12-2005, 12:59 PM
:KW

"OK men. We are all going to start doing shots. The first one to drop plays or (general) manages the rest of the season for free, freeing up payroll for R. Alomar and other needed acquisitions. Are we all in?"

cleanwsox
04-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I've been to The Local, pretty sweet place with some rooms where you can get away from the crowd. It's good to see the GM/player relationship going well for the Sox. Could you imagine Krause hitting up a bar with MJ, Scottie, and Rodman for a night of drinks?

batmanZoSo
04-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I might agree with you if it was a day game, but I am sure that they were able to sleep in and were fine by 7pm.

This is baseball we're talking about. If Jerry Angelo was out getting wasted with the Bears backfield on a Saturday night, I'd be worried.

Palehose13
04-12-2005, 01:36 PM
This is baseball we're talking about. If Jerry Angelo was out getting wasted with the Bears backfield on a Saturday night, I'd be worried.

I agree with you. The only reason I would be worried is because of how early they have to get up for day games (b/c they aren't used to even being up before 10am). Actually, my first football game is Saturday night at 7pm (with a 4 hour ride on the bus Saturday morning)...it's gonna be hard not to toss back a couple Friday night. :wink:

Jjav829
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Ahhh, the old get the GM drunk and then ask for a big contract trick. Who hasn't tried that one before?

fquaye149
04-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I can just see a future thread:

Chicago Tribune: GM Kenny Williams told the Tribune manager Ozzie Guillen took the team out to see a movie on the off day. The entire team seemed to enjoy the movie Fever Pitch and everyone seemed to bond closer together as a result

WSI posters:

"What's Ozzie THINKING! We can only breathe a deep sigh of relief the entire team's vision wasn't permanently damaged by watching the bright screen in the dark movie theater!"

"And what's with this watching movies about the Red Sox. We don't need no stinking curse! Fire Ozzie!"

Rocklive99
04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Chicago Tribune: GM Kenny Williams told the Tribune manager Ozzie Guillen took the team out to see a movie on the off day. The entire team seemed to enjoy the movie Fever Pitch and everyone seemed to bond closer together as a result

Maybe PK can take some notes on David Ortiz's defense. Fever Pitch though? At least go see Sin City or something

kevingrt
04-12-2005, 09:05 PM
It would be cool to know who went down there but it is all good, with a 162 game season teams need to have fun outside of the field