PDA

View Full Version : Who did they trade to get this guy?

DumpJerry
04-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Headline in today's Cubune (looks like an even trade):

Hairston unhappy on bench
Ex-Oriole upset he's not 2nd-base fill-in for injured Walker

By Dave van Dyck
Special to the Tribune
Published April 12, 2005

JRIG
04-12-2005, 08:22 AM
If Perez is the everyday fill-in for Walker while he's out, it will only expedite the Cubs fall from playoff contention.

Viva Medias B's
04-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Neifi Perez, most famous to us as the first Kansas City Royal to reach William Ligue that night, must be one of "Dusty's guys." I wonder how much longer Jim Hendry is going to put up with Dusty.

JRIG
04-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Neifi Perez, most famous to us as the first Kansas City Royal to reach William Ligue that night, must be one of "Dusty's guys." I wonder how much longer Jim Hendry is going to put up with Dusty.

Remember when he insisted on playing Lenny Harris everyday for like two months at third base, even though he was batting .150? Good times.

Being a Dusty guy means never having to say, "I'm retiring."

itsnotrequired
04-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I thought one of the main reasons Dusty was brought in was to help "handle" Sosa. With Sosa gone, Dusty can't be far behind.

PatK
04-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Dusty once again proving he is nearly useless as a manager.

I believe his reasoning was that Perez has had more at bats this season.

HELLO!!!!!! Jerry isn't going to get any sitting on the bench.

I think it's also kind of funny that Jerry's sitting, since I remember him being hailed as a "legitimate leadoff hitter" in all the local media outlets when he arrived.

kittle42
04-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Puh-leeze. The *real* reason Dusty will be fired is because Chicago doesn't want a black man to succeed, just like Lovie and Don Baylor! Just ask Dusty!

PAPChiSox729
04-12-2005, 04:09 PM
I remember when the Cubs hired Baker just after he had took the Giants to the Series, you would've thought that the Cubs would've repeated by now. After last season, how he let that team fall apart the way it did, I don't see how anyone could consider him a good manager.

Lip Man 1
04-12-2005, 09:11 PM
It's actually funny about Dusty having this 'great' reputation as a manager. I mean he only blew a 3-2 lead in the 2002 World Series, then blew a 3-1 lead in the 2003 NLCS.

Doofus.

But remember 'dark skinned people are better able to stand the heat...'
I didn't know Dusty was now a medical doctor?

Lip

jordan23ventura
04-15-2005, 12:46 PM

Lip

I almost forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me. Just another reason why this idiot looks so good in Cubbie blue.

SOXintheBURGH
04-15-2005, 12:52 PM
It's actually funny about Dusty having this 'great' reputation as a manager. I mean he only blew a 3-2 lead in the 2002 World Series, then blew a 3-1 lead in the 2003 NLCS.

Doofus.

Lip

Ah yes, one of my all time favorite Dusty moments ever... I will never forget it.

Jerko
04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
That whole heat thing cracks me up. I mean, if it were true, why would Dusty wear the stupid ass hat with the sun-flap on the back of it all the time? He should be able to handle the sun, no?

Norberto7
04-15-2005, 01:41 PM
I thought one of the main reasons Dusty was brought in was to help "handle" Sosa. With Sosa gone, Dusty can't be far behind.

Sure, Dusty's a dope, but he's presided over one of the most successful eras in Cubs baseball history. That's obviously not saying a whole lot, but I, for one, would be surprised if he's not around for awhile.

soxstarter
04-15-2005, 01:50 PM
So they say this guy is "upset"....owwwwww poor thing. A little whiney are we....like some former player of theirs?

RKMeibalane
04-15-2005, 01:50 PM
There's no question that Hairston should be the starter at second base, but if he's not, I'm not going to complain about it. The Cubs stupidity is going to bite them in the ass once again. That is something we should all be happy about.