PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Broadcasts

BRDSR
04-12-2005, 12:55 AM
I've been watching some other teams broadcasts so far this season with my MLB TV package and oen thing I've noticed is that a few(the Red Sox quickly come to mind) show a picture-in-picture of a runner on the bases when a ball is hit that may score or a runner. It's interesting to see especially when the play is going to be a close one. For instance, I would have liked to see it today when Pods threw out an Indians runner at third base. The runner stuttered around second base but we couldn't see it until after the play ended. Does anyone agree with me? Also, does anyone know who I can email to suggest such a thing? I don't think this one is supposed to go to Brooks Boyer(although he'd probably be Johnny on the Spot of I did.) Thanks.

jordan23ventura
04-12-2005, 04:08 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me, but you never know how Comcast would mess that up though. They can't even puts the dots on the diamond that signify a baserunner in the right spot, and it's even more difficult for them at times to get the balls and strikes right. If they tried it, I doubt the camera would move after the runner takes a jump.

jordan23ventura
04-12-2005, 04:34 AM
One other thing I'd like to add: since we're discussing changes that could be made to enhance the overall production, I would like to see something original done for the seventh inning stretch when playing at home.

I've noticed that every time I'm at a Sox game the fans always seem to get up for the race thing they do on the video screen. For the seventh inning stretch, I'd like to see a real live competition between fans at the ballpark with prizes given away to the victor. For example, and this could go any way, maybe have three kids in the fundamentals area all throw three pitches, and which ever kid is the most accurate in the strike zone wins a prize. Beforehand, three random fans would be selected, shown on the video screen, and paired with one of the kids. The winning fan would receive a prize as well. I think this would be a great idea because not only would it get the fans all involved with the experience, but it would be an original idea that would be specific to USCF and the White Sox. There would be tons of other ideas for competitions available (like who can eat the most hotdogs in one minute for example) that could each take place in a different area of the park to show off the entire experience. These could also be done in coordination with promotional nights (which Elvis impersonator does the best dance) to make them a little more special.

I think Brooks Boyer has done a wonderful job so far marketing the White Sox and I think they could go even futher. Any thoughts?