PDA

View Full Version : No Fuji Film Day?

jake27
04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
I've always loved getting my picture taken with the Sox players on the field before the game, but I don't see it anywhere for this year. Has anyone heard of this being around this year again?

bafiarocks03
04-12-2005, 10:48 AM
yea i know! i emailed the sox asking them about it and i haven't gotten anything back yet, but Photo Day is the best promotion the sox have, so i hope they schedule one soon! :bandance:

Jerko
04-12-2005, 10:51 AM
yea i know! i emailed the sox asking them about it and i haven't gotten anything back yet, but Photo Day is the best promotion the sox have, so i hope they schedule one soon! :bandance:

They were going to have one this year, but after they saw you chasing Willie Harris down the foul lines, over the Ligue wall, up the steps, through the concourse, down Ramp 2, and into the locker room just to get his picture, they decided to cancel it this year.

mweflen
04-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Nope, sorry to break it to you all, but Fuji no longer sponsors photo day. MY dad is a VP in their Itasca office. He told me they've gotten directives from upstairs (i.e. Japan) to scale back promotions budgets. Sigh. It also means I no longer get 15 or more games per year in sec. 121 (hence my extra vitriol about price increases this season...)

Maybe an email campaign with the Japanese player angle might have an effect? If anyone's interested, I could ask my pa for the right email to deluge...

TDog
04-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Fuji Photo Day was my favorite promotion. The players were always great. But my first photo day (Aug. 23, 1970) wasn't sponsored by anyone. The Sox didn't give away anything or give any breaks on tickets that day, but they strung up ropes and let us take picture of Carlos May, Bill Melton, Wilbur Wood, Walt "No Neck" Williams and company. I was 13, and it was awesome.

LongLiveFisk
04-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Maybe they will have the same promotion, by a different name but will add it at a later date. They do tend to add promotions as the season goes along...

maybe Kodak Film Day? :cool:

TDog
04-12-2005, 12:06 PM

maybe Kodak Film Day? :cool:

What's wrong with a White Sox Photo Day?

LongLiveFisk
04-12-2005, 12:16 PM
What's wrong with a White Sox Photo Day?

Not a thing, and I'd prefer it that way, but unfortunately this is the "Corporate Age".

Jerko
04-12-2005, 12:21 PM
That's true. Every little thing needs a "sponsor" these days.

TDog
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
... Every little thing needs a "sponsor" these days.

Photo Day isn't a giveaway day. It is the White Sox players and management giving of their team to the fans. It doesn't need a sponsor. This doesn't affect me. I now live three time zones away. But if I were able to go to the ballpark, I would be e-mailing people about the need to keep Photo Day alive.

tacosalbarojas
04-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Fuji Photo Day was my favorite promotion. The players were always great. But my first photo day (Aug. 23, 1970) wasn't sponsored by anyone. The Sox didn't give away anything or give any breaks on tickets that day, but they strung up ropes and let us take picture of Carlos May, Bill Melton, Wilbur Wood, Walt "No Neck" Williams and company. I was 13, and it was awesome.My first one was '73 or maybe '75 and I got pics with some of the same fellas - Carlos May, Bill Melton, and Pat Kelly.

Jerko
04-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Photo Day isn't a giveaway day. It is the White Sox players and management giving of their team to the fans. It doesn't need a sponsor. This doesn't affect me. I now live three time zones away. But if I were able to go to the ballpark, I would be e-mailing people about the need to keep Photo Day alive.

It doesn't have to be a giveaway day to have a sponsor. NFL games kickoffs are sponsored. Fireworks nights are sponsored and are technically not giveaway days. I agree though, they can keep photo day without one.

jake27
04-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Since we have to use one of the player’s contractual appearances for Fuji Photo Day, it is not likely we would do it on our own. We are attempting to find another sponsor.

thats the response by brooks from my email i sent himabout it. lets hope thye can find another sponsor

SpammySosa
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
That's true. Every little thing needs a "sponsor" these days.

So true.I especially found it strange when I got up to use the bathroom and heard Gene Honda over the PA system:"This bathroom break brought to you by Charmin tissue." :wink:

bafiarocks03
04-12-2005, 04:59 PM
They were going to have one this year, but after they saw you chasing Willie Harris down the foul lines, over the Ligue wall, up the steps, through the concourse, down Ramp 2, and into the locker room just to get his picture, they decided to cancel it this year.

that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

ewokpelts
04-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Since we have to use one of the player’s contractual appearances for Fuji Photo Day, it is not likely we would do it on our own. We are attempting to find another sponsor.

thats the response by brooks from my email i sent himabout it. lets hope thye can find another sponsor translation: we have to pay the players to showup for photoday, so if we have a sponsor(like fugi and dominick's last year) we dont have to pay them!
Gene