PDA

View Full Version : Dog Day - who's going?

jenmcm76
04-11-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm going to be attending by first Dog Day with my year-old Harrier, Abby. http://mcmillan.ods.org/~abby/ (http://mcmillan.ods.org/%7Eabby/) Look for us in the parade - I guarantee she'll be the only Harrier (like a tall, skinny beagle) there. I'll be in my pinstripe Sox jersey and khaki Sox hat.

Who else is going (with a four-legged friend)?

Parrothead
04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm going to be attending by first Dog Day with my year-old Harrier, Abby. http://mcmillan.ods.org/~abby/ (http://mcmillan.ods.org/%7Eabby/) Look for us in the parade - I guarantee she'll be the only Harrier (like a tall, skinny beagle) there. I'll be in my pinstripe Sox jersey and khaki Sox hat.

I will be there in my Black Simas jersey with my niece and her snorkie (a Schnauzer and yorkshire terrier mix)

A.T. Money
04-12-2005, 02:21 AM
I'll be there with my girlfriend, sister, and brother-in-law with our 3 shih-tzus.

They luv dog day!

DaveIsHere
04-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Me, and the wife, and Haley(Black lab) will be there.

Rocky Soprano
04-12-2005, 09:20 AM
I practially know the answer but I will still ask.

Is the dog section sold out yet?

Palehose13
04-12-2005, 09:21 AM
I practially know the answer but I will still ask.

Is the dog section sold out yet?

If it is I got 2 lower box tix that I need to get rid of... :wink:

jabrch
04-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I snoozed on this one - and my two Shi-Tzus are pissed off at me about it cuz now it is sold out for pooches. If anyone has 2 dog tickets that they aren't using, I would be most appreciative.

Gizmo and Charlie are counting on someone from WSI coming through. Maybe I'll e-mail Brooks?

Rocky Soprano
04-12-2005, 09:23 AM
If it is I got 2 lower box tix that I need to get rid of... :wink:

In the dog section, If so. I want them!

DaveIsHere
04-12-2005, 09:25 AM
You have to send in paperwork to get those tickets. I would call them and see if they are gone and if you can fax them the information the require.

Rocky Soprano
04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
You have to send in paperwork to get those tickets. I would call them and see if they are gone and if you can fax them the information the require.

Just saw on sox.com, under promotions, that the dog section is sold out.

My fault for falling asleep on this.

Palehose13
04-12-2005, 09:28 AM
In the dog section, If so. I want them!

Sorry...the human section.

DaveIsHere
04-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Here she is, please note her collar:D:

http://usera.imagecave.com/riceeaterrt/Haletsnow05.bmp.jpg

patbooyah
04-12-2005, 11:56 AM

that is a cute ass dog

Rocky Soprano
04-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Where did you get that collar Dave?

SOXSINCE'70
04-12-2005, 12:31 PM

http://usera.imagecave.com/riceeaterrt/Haletsnow05.bmp.jpg

:hawk

"I loooooove Labrador Retrievers".:D:

ChiSoxJay
04-12-2005, 12:31 PM
I'll be there with my seven month old golden. You can order that collar from:
http://www.sportsfanimals.com/detail.aspx?ID=86

Rocky Soprano
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I'll be there with my seven month old golden. You can order that collar from:
http://www.sportsfanimals.com/detail.aspx?ID=86

Thanks!

DaveIsHere
04-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Where did you get that collar Dave?

i bought it last year at the park, at the gift shop with the museaum in it I think out near left filed, kinda, I think. She is goig to get another new one this year. We also bought the matching leash there.

Oh and here is another pic:

http://usera.imagecave.com/riceeaterrt/HaleyCloseup.bmp.jpg

southsidesoxfan1
04-12-2005, 02:21 PM

I wish my adopted pound puppy could go, but she needs some more obedience training. We adopted here from the city shelter and always wondered what she was. At first I thought she was a coonhound, but after seeing abby, I'm not so sure. What do you think?

Anyways, molly the dog will be watching the game at home with her sox bandana.:D:

Cat Thief
04-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Just to watch though.....:(:

My muts aren't trained very well.....It's my own fault....

Lucky

Cat Thief
04-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Bugsy

jenmcm76
04-12-2005, 08:31 PM
I wish my adopted pound puppy could go, but she needs some more obedience training. We adopted here from the city shelter and always wondered what she was. At first I thought she was a coonhound, but after seeing abby, I'm not so sure. What do you think?

Anyways, molly the dog will be watching the game at home with her sox bandana.:D:

Hmmmm... Could be a Walker Hound or Coonhound (or some other hound mix). It does resemble a Harrier, though Harriers are pretty rare, especially around the midwest. There's only about 6 litters (approx 35-40 pups) born each year in the US, mostly on the west coast. Do you know how tall she is at the shoulder, and how much she weighs? That'd help narrow it down. Post the info or PM me and if you want, I'll forward the pic on to some Harrier experts I know who are constantly trying to identify Harrier-esque shelter dogs.

I met a guy in obedience class who had a dog that looked a lot like Abby, except a bit taller and a little thinner. I thought it was an American Foxhound, but he said it was probably a Walker or mix (he got his at a shelter too).

BTW, Abby will be wearing her Sox bandana too! Here's a pic from when she was just a couple months old... I believe the 'helmet' originally came with ice cream in it!

soxwon
04-12-2005, 08:44 PM
its suppose to rain sunday:?:

kevingrt
04-12-2005, 09:06 PM
DaveIsHere that is one awesome dog. How old is he/she?

Sargeant79
04-12-2005, 11:32 PM
I completely slacked on it this year and will regretably be watching at home. I've got two (very friendly and well behaved) pit bulls. I've got an 85 lb. male that I had since I pup that would be going if I had gotten off my butt an gotten tickets in time. He is pretty well trained and thinks every living creature on this planet was put here to play with him. Unfortunately, the other one I got from a rescue and she doesn't play nice with some other dogs, so she doesn't get out much.

batmanZoSo
04-12-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm going to the game, but not with my dog. She'd be drooling all over the place because of the other dogs and pulling me all over the park, that would suck. My dog cannot control herself around dogs or new people. With new people, she's extraordinarily friendly, but she jumps all over them. She's only 20 months, in a couple of years she'll settle down, then I'd consider it. Sounds like a burden though.

By the way, I am going to this game so be prepared to lose. :o::cool:

DaveIsHere
04-13-2005, 08:13 AM
DaveIsHere that is one awesome dog. How old is he/she?

Thanks I will pass the word along to her:D:

She will be 3 in July, yeah she is the dog I always wanted. Smarter than hell, never needs a leash, hell people invite her over when they invite us over to hang out. If you see us, her name is Haley.

I will have to scrounge up the Dog Day Pics from last year, I think she had some Beef Sandwich, Hot dog and Italian Ice, along with some dog treats. She loves dog day, her ears perk when you tell her its coming up soon.

southsidesoxfan1
04-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Hmmmm... Could be a Walker Hound or Coonhound (or some other hound mix). It does resemble a Harrier, though Harriers are pretty rare, especially around the midwest. There's only about 6 litters (approx 35-40 pups) born each year in the US, mostly on the west coast. Do you know how tall she is at the shoulder, and how much she weighs? That'd help narrow it down. Post the info or PM me and if you want, I'll forward the pic on to some Harrier experts I know who are constantly trying to identify Harrier-esque shelter dogs.

I met a guy in obedience class who had a dog that looked a lot like Abby, except a bit taller and a little thinner. I thought it was an American Foxhound, but he said it was probably a Walker or mix (he got his at a shelter too).

BTW, Abby will be wearing her Sox bandana too! Here's a pic from when she was just a couple months old... I believe the 'helmet' originally came with ice cream in it!

I thought she was some kind of tree walker mix. She looks just like abby, but tad shorter ears and no black fur. She's going to be two years old this week, she very tall and about 50 pounds, and fast like scott podsednik. Great picture of Abby with the sox ice cream hat. Wish molly could meet her on Dog Day! Maybe next year.:smile:

MushMouth
04-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Do NOT tell my dog about this game, I didn't buy tix, Biggie will be pissed if he finds out this was goin on!! :smile:

DaveIsHere
04-17-2005, 02:41 AM
It's Here, be sure to say Hi to Haley!!!!

balke
04-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I'll be there. We were going to try and bring our sweet pitbull puppy, but the dog section is apparently sold out. See everyone at the game!

DaveIsHere
04-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Haley and DavesWifeIsHere got their pictures taken on the field with AJ, they will be developed tomorrow and I will post then in the evening.

AJ was cool, we asked if we could have his picture with our dog and he said "sure", took the picture., told him "Good Luck" and off we went. He seemed to be digging the Dogs.

Will post Pucs Tomorrow.............BTW I swear I heard someone done the 1st base line yell "Dave Is Here" when we were in the parade!?!?!?!? Just a thought. Have a good night, and a Sox winner tomorrow!!!!!

whitesoxwilkes
04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Will post Pucs Tomorrow.............BTW I swear I heard someone done the 1st base line yell "Dave Is Here" when we were in the parade!?!?!?!? Just a thought. Have a good night, and a Sox winner tomorrow!!!!!

That was me. You didn't turn around and I figured you thought I was nuts...but I remembered you from opening day.

Foulke29
04-18-2005, 12:09 AM
I'd love to go, but with a five month old son, I thought it'd be too cold to bring the boy to the ballpark.

Here's my girls though:

How do I attach a thumbnail?

DaveIsHere
04-18-2005, 08:04 AM
That was me. You didn't turn around and I figured you thought I was nuts...but I remembered you from opening day.

I thought I was hearing things, sorry I wasnt being ignorant, just wasnt sure if I was imagining things, I'll catch you next time

BeerHandle
04-18-2005, 11:15 AM
We were at the game and it was a good tme minus the fact that Ozuna batted in the 9th. Where was Ross Gload?

Where is everyone posting your pictures? I have had trouble posting pictures of Senor Taco.

mweflen
04-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I went. :whiner: that called 3rd strike on Carl (BS!) probably cost us the game. Well, that and Garcia's crap pitching.

StockdaleForVeep
04-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Batman and I were at the game, we had seats on third base side but then opted to stand on the 1st level of the fundamentals region, i must say its not bad at all, almost like a left field home run porch, and the advantage of bein there and not upperdeck\club boxes are you are facing the field on a pretty good angle