PDA

View Full Version : Take out Randy NOW

KempersRS
11-03-2001, 08:25 PM
You can use him in relief tomorrow. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Jerry_Manuel
11-03-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
You can use him in relief tomorrow. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Yeah but the Yanks will comeback now that you say to take him out.

:)

12-0.

KempersRS
11-03-2001, 08:28 PM
Brenly should use his head here, Schill will be tired tomorrow. Get 5-6 from Schill tomorrow and use Randy to close it down.

Jerry_Manuel
11-03-2001, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Brenly should use his head here, Schill will be tired tomorrow. Get 5-6 from Schill tomorrow and use Randy to close it down.

All hexing aside I agree with you.

cheeses_h_rice
11-03-2001, 08:30 PM
Brenly should pull Johnson NOW.

There is no way even the D-backs relief staff can blow a 12-run lead with 6 innings left.

Do a starter-by-committee tomorrow, with a few innings from Schilling, a few from Johnson, and fill-ins by Morgan, Swindell and whoever else.

God I am absolutely loving this abuse, though!

Jerry_Manuel
11-03-2001, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Brenly should pull Johnson NOW.

Manuel would pull him but I doubt Brenly will.

KempersRS
11-03-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Yeah, Bob is gonna be a moron. Johnson threw just over 40 pitches after 3 innings. He coulda been fresh for Game 7. Bobby, get a clue, its 12-0!

PaleHoseGeorge
11-03-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

:jerry
"This would be a good place for Bullet Bob."

:walk
"No lead is safe!"

Jerry_Manuel
11-03-2001, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Well I didn't mean it like that. I was just saying that Jerry has that quick hook.

czalgosz
11-03-2001, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

"No lead is safe!"

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2003 closer...

Daver
11-03-2001, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2003 closer...

I think you mean 2002,Foulke will be dealt.

Daver
11-03-2001, 09:04 PM
Now that he has pitched the fifth and gets the win Brenly should pull him.

CerberusWG
11-03-2001, 10:10 PM
Save the pen, keep him in, let him get the CG. I don't think Johnson can pitch 40+ pitches then come back the next day and pitch a few more innings.

kermittheefrog
11-03-2001, 11:19 PM
Brenly's decision to keep Johnson could really bite him in the ass. Damn Brenly is an idiot. The only thing he's done right all series is pitch Schill on 3 days rest. The Yankees could win this series but have been outscored by 20 runs. They won two games after trailing by 2 in the ninth. There are some bad managerial decisions behind that.

Bmr31
11-04-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Brenly's decision to keep Johnson could really bite him in the ass. Damn Brenly is an idiot. The only thing he's done right all series is pitch Schill on 3 days rest. The Yankees could win this series but have been outscored by 20 runs. They won two games after trailing by 2 in the ninth. There are some bad managerial decisions behind that.

Pitching Schilling 3 times in 7 games is a right decision? Hmm, lets hope so, but i think you are gonna find out different tonight.......

cheeses_h_rice
11-04-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Pitching Schilling 3 times in 7 games is a right decision? Hmm, lets hope so, but i think you are gonna find out different tonight.......

BMR, that statement could only be made with the benefit of hindsight. And, in fact, it's only "correct" because of Byung-Hyun Kim's terrible performance and Brenly's idiocy.

The facts are:

1. Schilling pitched his ass off in Game 4. He did exactly what was asked of him.

2. We should not even be looking at a Game 7, so Schilling shouldn't even be having to think about pitching again tonight.

That said, I still think it was the right move using him in Game 4, and I think he should be able to give the D-backs 5 innings tonight at minimum. The onus is on the D-backs' offense to get to Clemens early, and I think they're up to the challenge.

Bmr31
11-05-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

BMR, that statement could only be made with the benefit of hindsight. And, in fact, it's only "correct" because of Byung-Hyun Kim's terrible performance and Brenly's idiocy.

The facts are:

1. Schilling pitched his ass off in Game 4. He did exactly what was asked of him.

2. We should not even be looking at a Game 7, so Schilling shouldn't even be having to think about pitching again tonight.

That said, I still think it was the right move using him in Game 4, and I think he should be able to give the D-backs 5 innings tonight at minimum. The onus is on the D-backs' offense to get to Clemens early, and I think they're up to the challenge.

woooohooo, it worked out in the end. I still wouldnt start a guy 3 times in 7 games, but hey, im not a major league manager, either. :)

FarWestChicago
11-05-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

woooohooo, it worked out in the end. I still wouldnt start a guy 3 times in 7 games, but hey, im not a major league manager, either. :) But, you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.