PDA

View Full Version : The Messiah Watch

SOXPHILE
04-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Well, our Lord & Savior, The Messiah , Mark Prior starts Tuesday at the Urinal. Any early predictions on how much overkill stories and big pictures of him will be plastered all over the place in the Tribune ? I say they have a picture of him in the corner of page 1 section 1, stating something like "PRIOR TO RETURN TODAY". Then, of course, there will be a big, full color picture of him on page 1 of the sports section, with the headline HE'S BACK, or TODAY IS THE DAY. Obviously, there will be the required 2-3 stories on him, plus another 3-4 stories on the Cubs "heroic effort" in Monday's game, most likely including an article on Ryan Dempster and the tough luck loss he took. Oh, and I almost forgot- either a small page 1 story on the bottom about the White Sox victory, (continued on page 5), along with 1 other article, "Sox Notes". They might have a small black & white picture of someone like Freddy Garcia pitching, or one of the White Sox at bat.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-11-2005, 10:52 PM
I want Prior to get hit so hard I can taste it. He shouldn't get 1/10 the hype that Buehrle gets, but he gets 10 times MORE.

chisoxmike
04-11-2005, 10:54 PM
He Has Risen!

SOXPHILE
04-11-2005, 11:02 PM
HE TURNED WATER INTO OLD STYLE, AND FED 30,000 PEOPLE WITH ONLY TWO OSCAR MYER HOT DOGS AND 5 PRETZELS..

Irishsox1
04-11-2005, 11:30 PM
What's up with Prior's side burns? He looks like an extra from a George Michael video. Helllllooooo Frisco!!!

Rocklive99
04-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks for reminding me, breaking news box of ESPNEWS!