PDA

View Full Version : The Choice vs. Paul Sullivan

Viva Medias B's
04-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Paul Sullivan just mentioned that Royce Clayton came after him with a bat once upon a time. That would be a sight to behold.

Palehose13
04-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Paul Sullivan just mentioned that Royce Clayton came after him with a bat once upon a time. That would be a sight to behold.

I wouldn't have been worried if I were him. The Choice couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag.

ma_deuce
04-11-2005, 11:38 PM
I wouldn't have been worried if I were him. The Choice couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag.

:anon:

"You're telling me, PH13... You're telling me..."

skobabe8
04-11-2005, 11:43 PM

ZING! hahahaha :D:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-11-2005, 11:45 PM
And he just ripped Sox fans a new one for their pathetic attendance. Amazing how he can always find something negative to say about the Sox. It's a gift. Like that's the main Sox story right now?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-11-2005, 11:49 PM
He also just kinda, sorta blamed Ozzie Guillen for the Walker injury. He said he believed C. Lee slid hard into Walker because of Ozzie's criticism of Lee in last years Twins game and Lee was anxious while playing in Chicago to make a point.

ma_deuce
04-12-2005, 12:03 AM
He also just kinda, sorta blamed Ozzie Guillen for the Walker injury. He said he believed C. Lee slid hard into Walker because of Ozzie's criticism of Lee in last years Twins game and Lee was anxious while playing in Chicago to make a point.
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever read.

:pee Paul Sullivan

Irishsox1
04-12-2005, 12:17 AM
I've run into and talked to Paul Sullivan a couple of times at Justins on Southport. The guy is a little dwarf nerd....a total weenie. He told me that he is a flat out Cubs fan and didn't want to cover the White Sox but had to, to keep his job. He said he was switched to covering the Sox after he criticized the Cubs/Tribune Corp. After his brief stint covering the Sox, now he's all Cubs all the time. The guy has no journalistic integrity, he's a hack beat writer.

Blueprint1
04-12-2005, 01:38 AM
I've run into and talked to Paul Sullivan a couple of times at Justins on Southport. The guy is a little dwarf nerd....a total weenie. He told me that he is a flat out Cubs fan and didn't want to cover the White Sox but had to, to keep his job. He said he was switched to covering the Sox after he criticized the Cubs/Tribune Corp. After his brief stint covering the Sox, now he's all Cubs all the time. The guy has no journalistic integrity, he's a hack beat writer.

yep, hes annoying too

ranger_bob
04-12-2005, 09:54 AM
From what I've seen on other boards, Cubs fans don't like Sullivan either. That's pretty pathetic. He's hated by everyone.

spongyfungy
04-13-2005, 04:29 PM
His Ask Paul Sullivan segment on the trib site is great. He hates doing this part of the job but his editor is making him do it.

What is the deal, are the Cubs too cheap to sew names on the uniforms (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050413cubsjerseys,1,7567990.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)? I miss half the game while I'm looking up a number to see who's playing! What is the real reason they are pulling this? --Audrey Lowe, Westmont, Ill.

It's great to be back again. No, I really mean it. The deal is the Cubs are trying to go retro, and they believe you'll eventually memorize the numbers, like your parents did. Thanks for noticing.

Who are those people booing the Cubs at Wrigley? Can't they just stay home and drink? They don't understand tradition or the game. --George Smith, Bloomington, Ind.

I don't know all of their names, George, but I will definitely let you know when I find out.

Is there a chance Jim Hendry could trade Corey Patterson for a closer at this point in the season? --Steve Novak, Lyons, Colo.

No. Corey Patterson is still very much a part of the Cubs future, and Hendry still has confidence he'll become a more consistent hitter. I hope this is the last e-mail I get asking about Corey being traded. I know it's the last one I'll select for the rest of the season.

OK, I have been a Cub fan for most of my 45 years. I know I am hooked and there is no cure for my addiction. My relatives have shunned me. My friends laugh at me. My neighbors have called the police several times claiming that I am abusing my sons by raising them as Cub fans. Is there a reward in my future? Will this be the year? Will my torment ever be over? Give me some hope please! --Bret Hobbs, Linton Ind.

Is it just me, or are Cubs fans a little overdramatic? I hope your sons turn out OK. Please let them know it's only entertainment.

When will the Cubs finally give in and make Kerry Wood their closer? --Butch Brzeski, Chicago

This is a question I never get tired of answering (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/askthewriter/cs-040421paulsullivansanswers,1,1824829.story?coll=cs-home-headlines). Unfortunately, I have run out of space.

He may have been a punk when he was doing Sox but I'm glad he's on the other side

this one is pretty good : http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/askthewriter/cs-030428askpaulsullivan,1,387747.story?coll=cs-cubs-ask-utility

Here, Cubs fan accuse him of being a Sox fan. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/askthewriter/cs-030511askpaulsullivan,1,1113237.story?coll=cs-cubs-ask-utility