PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Fan Club

Lip Man 1
04-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Those of you so inclined may want to try to re-start Ozzie's fan club (especially if the Sox keep winning.)

It was named 'Ozzie's Amigo's'. These guys would show up at the original Comiskey Park (especially in 1990) all wearing Mexican sombrero hats. They'd have their 'Ozzie's Amigo's' signs and usually get on TV at least once a game.

When the Sox were ready to sweep a team they'd also bring brooms and start waving them around.

Just something to consider. I remember reading how much Ozzie got a kick out of it.

Lip

Palehose13
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Those of you so inclined may want to try to re-start Ozzie's fan club (especially if the Sox keep winning.)

It was named 'Ozzie's Amigo's'. These guys would show up at the original Comiskey Park (especially in 1990) all wearing Mexican sombrero hats. They'd have their 'Ozzie's Amigo's' signs and usually get on TV at least once a game.

When the Sox were ready to sweep a team they'd also bring brooms and start waving them around.

Just something to consider. I remember reading how much Ozzie got a kick out of it.

Lip

Oh I'm totally down with that...if the amigo's wouldn't mind an amiga. :wink:

minastirith67
04-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Lip

I thought Ozzie was Venezuelan, not Mexican. Forgive me for being culturally unaware or insensitive, but do Venezuelans wear sombreros?

Reminds me of 'Crede's Crew' of recent fame.

Whitesox029
04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I thought Ozzie was Venezuelan, not Mexican. Forgive me for being culturally unaware or insensitive, but do Venezuelans wear sombreros?

My aunt and I were contemplating starting a Borchard's Orchard, but needless to say, that never came to fruition...

kevingrt
04-11-2005, 09:16 PM

Crede keeps up what he did today and his defensive efforts the Crew might find there way back ot the field.

zach23
04-11-2005, 09:32 PM

Wear Gaucho outfits....or is that Brazil?

zach074
04-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I like Pod Squad.

tacosalbarojas
04-11-2005, 10:00 PM

LipHadn't thought about those cats in years. Thanks for taking us down memory lane! While we're there, whatever happened to the SOX supporters? And for that matter whatever happened to bedsheet banners at the ballpark? I guess that was a 70s-80s phenomenon. Maybe best left there?

SpammySosa
04-11-2005, 10:13 PM
My aunt and I were contemplating starting a Borchard's Orchard, but needless to say, that never came to fruition...

That is just too punny.:D:

skobabe8
04-11-2005, 10:20 PM
I like the idea. and I think i remember those guys! (i was pretty young, though)

Fake Chet Lemon
04-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Hadn't thought about those cats in years. Thanks for taking us down memory lane! While we're there, whatever happened to the SOX supporters? And for that matter whatever happened to bedsheet banners at the ballpark? I guess that was a 70s-80s phenomenon. Maybe best left there?

I miss the bedshet banners too. "Ohhhh for the long one" was a favorite of mine. Although now that I wrote that out, kind of a weird double meaning on that one I didn't get as a kid :o: .

tacosalbarojas
04-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I miss the bedshet banners too. "Ohhhh for the long one" was a favorite of mine. Although now that I wrote that out, kind of a weird double meaning on that one I didn't get as a kid :o: .
"Pitch At Your Risk To Zisk" which later morphed into "Pitch At Your Risk To Fisk" was a particular favorite of mine.

Whitesox029
04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
That is just too punny.:D:
Honestly I didn't intend that...my mind must be on breakfast...

SpartanSoxFan
04-11-2005, 11:48 PM

Lip

I'd be down for that! Wearing a goofy oversized hat and yupping it up sounds like a good time to me. :gulp:

HebrewHammer
04-12-2005, 12:02 AM
I don't mean to hijack, but a good buddy of mine who happens to be a Brewers fan has started "Caballo's Compadre's", he's even made up t-shirts.

jordan23ventura
04-12-2005, 04:51 AM
I don't mean to hijack, but a good buddy of mine who happens to be a Brewers fan has started "Caballo's Compadre's", he's even made up t-shirts.

Sweet! A friend of mine and I are season ticket holders for the Brewers! Let me in on that!

jordan23ventura
04-12-2005, 04:52 AM
By the way, not to take this to another topic, but I think if there's an Ozzie fan club starting up again there needs to be a Rock Raines fan club starting up again.

C-Dawg
04-12-2005, 05:46 AM
"Pitch At Your Risk To Zisk" which later morphed into "Pitch At Your Risk To Fisk" was a particular favorite of mine.

"Don't Gamble with Oscar!" was another from the South Side Hit Men days.

hdog1017
04-12-2005, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't mind starting up a Podsednik's Posse out in left.

Lip Man 1
04-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Gang:

Some pretty good ideas, go for it...get on TV!

By the way the best of the Sox Supporters banners was the following for Bart Johnson:

OH NO! Not Bart!

Lip

swanson24
04-12-2005, 03:46 PM
zach 074 brought up a cool idea. Lets start a Pods section since he symbolizes our new brand of offense. This could be a really cool thread to start.

Shorty1983
04-12-2005, 04:10 PM
That's it, I'm packing up and moving back to Chicago. I'm missing all the action, I was the guy who ran across the upper deck waving my "GLOAD 4 MVP" sign. I always ran into the Crede gang in the upper reserve. I love the Ozzie Amigos idea.