PDA

View Full Version : 4/11 games

maurice
04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Pitching notes:
- Phillips gave up 3 ER (3 solo-HRs) in 5 IP for Charlotte.
- Honel got slapped around (4 IP, 8 hits, 5 ER) for B'ham.
- Malone and Reynoso followed Honel with 2 scoreless innings of relief each.
- Nice starts from Ryan Rodriguez and Lucas Harrell (5 IP, 3 hits, 1 ER each).
- Juan Ovalles (?) struck out 5 and got the save after 3 IP in relief of Rodriguez.

Hitting notes:
- Anderson with a 2B, BB, RBI, and run scored. Biko with a hit, 2 walks, and a run scored. Lopez with a hit and a walk; Borch with an RBI 2B.
- Young hit his first HR for B'ham; Rogo and Fields each with two hits, a BB, and a run scored; two hits for Sweeney.
- Nanita with a multi-hit game, and Amador with his second SB and second HR (the 3-run variety) for W-S.
- Kanny's extra-inning affair features multi-hit games by Berry, Castillo, and Roberts; Castillo hit a 2-run HR, his second on the season.

ma_deuce
04-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Hitting notes:
- Anderson with a 2B, BB, RBI, and run scored.

Anderson rules!

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2005/03/22/kPknXBuQ.jpg

"Yeah, I may look like I'm 14, but I play a pro."

Randar68
04-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Pitching notes:
- Phillips gave up 3 ER (3 solo-HRs) in 5 IP for Charlotte.
- Honel got slapped around (4 IP, 8 hits, 5 ER) for B'ham.
- Malone and Reynoso followed Honel with 2 scoreless innings of relief each.
- Nice starts from Ryan Rodriguez and Lucas Harrell (5 IP, 3 hits, 1 ER each).
- Juan Ovalles (?) struck out 5 and got the save after 3 IP in relief of Rodriguez.

I really like Lucas Harrell. Was much better than I thought he would be when I saw him in Bristol last year, excited to see him in the rotation to start the year at Kanny...

That Kanny rotation of Liotta, Gonzalez, Russell, Harrell and Hansen is very promising 1-5...

The Tom
04-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Where is Lumsden? I couldn't find him on any of the rosters.

Randar68
04-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Where is Lumsden? I couldn't find him on any of the rosters.

He's on the DL. He had offseason surgery to remove some loose bone chips from his elbow. Relatively minor surgery from what I've heard, but they are going to take their time with him and try to have him starting before midseason.