PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the hat goes out to the Cleveland organization

hose
04-11-2005, 08:24 PM
.......Two high school players threw out ceremonial first pitches. The Indians made a $250,000 donation to the strapped Cleveland school system to fund the entire baseball and softball programs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250411105

patbooyah
04-11-2005, 08:35 PM
is there a "bad guy team" in the AL central? seems like a lot of class acts- mainly the sox, of course.

hose
04-11-2005, 08:41 PM
is there a "bad guy team" in the AL central? seems like a lot of class acts- mainly the sox, of course.

Reinsy may have a bad rep but he has a heart of gold when it comes to charity. Plus he doesn't seek any publicity for himself.

I always feel a bit of pride when I'm at Children's Memorial Hospital and see the White Sox Charities signs. Same thing goes for Cubs Care and all the good they do.

kevingrt
04-11-2005, 08:42 PM

I could be totally wrong but what does KC exactly do besides give the rest of the teams in the AL Central nice W's for the win column.

patbooyah
04-11-2005, 08:48 PM
I could be totally wrong but what does KC exactly do besides give the rest of the teams in the AL Central nice W's for the win column.

its true that they are weak- but they are getting better since glass bought the team. i think he improved royals charities take frmo 30k to about 500k his first season. it continues to grow, but nowhere near my sexy soxies

HomeFish
04-11-2005, 09:10 PM
I like to see things like this. It's good for the game.

Anytime you spread baseball to areas where it is not as common as it should be, you are improving the quality of the game 10-20 years down the line, as some of the local youngsters mature into pros.

Sadly, baseball has been in decline in poor urban areas, and that means a lot of talent being wasted or sent to other, cheaper sports.