PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Levineline Furious Over Carlos Lee Slide

Hangar18
04-11-2005, 05:51 PM
He was on the radio this morning with Reinsdorf Antogonists Carmen & Silvy,
and he was furious with Carlos Lee. He said Lee didnt have any baseball
sense and that was a big reason he was let go by the SOX. His anger
seemed to be more cubbie-anger influenced and not really that of a paid
unbiased reporter. Anyone else hear this clown?

soltrain21
04-11-2005, 05:58 PM
We were all pretty pissed at Hunter last year, weren't we? Lee was playing hard, and it was unfortunate that Walker got drilled by him....but that is hard nosed baseball. If Carlos is sending a message to the Cubs that they will be around all year, I think the message was received.

brewcrew/chisox
04-11-2005, 06:07 PM
He was on the radio this morning with Reinsdorf Antogonists Carmen & Silvy,
and he was furious with Carlos Lee. He said Lee didnt have any baseball
sense and that was a big reason he was let go by the SOX. His anger
seemed to be more cubbie-anger influenced and not really that of a paid
unbiased reporter. Anyone else hear this clown?

That slide was clean, and Levine is just plain wrong for saying otherwise. It was unfortunate that Walker got hurt, but Lee did his job and that was to break up a double play late in the game.

As far as Lee's 'baseball sense?", I really don't think this is the reason the sox traded Lee. The Sox were able to fill a lot of holes with Lee's 11 million dollar salary. I really think that trade will help both teams; Lee is just the kind of right side power that the Brewers need, Visciano shores up the Sox bullpen, and SPods brings speed and stolen bases.

One last thing, I really think the Chicago media has grossly exagerated the comments by Konerko and Rowand. They never said Lee and Ordonez were selfish ballplayers. They just said the current team was unselfish. I think to infer the connection here is a huge.......

:hawk

"Stretch"

brewcrew/chisox
04-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Walker was just on Mac Yurko and Harry saying that he thought that the slide was 'uncoordinated' but not malicious.

hmmm Regardless, who here gives odds that Lee gets plunked the next time the Flubs come to Miller Park?

:cool:

I say, "Bring it on".

MeanFish
04-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Say what you will about Carlos Lee's tenure as a White Sock, but the vast majority of the time when he had an opportunity to slide at the 2nd basemen to break up a DP, he did just that.

Rocklive99
04-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Sliding right into the base, Walker jumped too late, and a big trip up. This is what baseball is about, the refs already treat NBA as if it is the WNBA, let's not let this happen with baseball too.

Erik The Red
04-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, what were Levineline's thoughts on the Hunter/Burke collision?

hawkjt
04-11-2005, 07:06 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Hunters play was dirty; he went out of his way to hammer Burkie.

Carlos was dead on the bag. Did not got out of line at all. Levine is full of it.

hose
04-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Carlos Lee's slide was good hard nose baseball. It's part of the game you see less and less of now days.

Mohoney
04-11-2005, 07:46 PM
hmmm Regardless, who here gives odds that Lee gets plunked the next time the Flubs come to Miller Park?

:cool:

I say, "Bring it on".

If it happens, he should just charge the mound immediately.

Kogs35
04-11-2005, 07:58 PM
If it happens, he should just charge the mound immediately.

he probely will, he did against marte and ill take lee over any cub player in a fight.

faneidde
04-11-2005, 08:17 PM
As a subheading under Hangar's thread title, I think WSI Patrons furious Over Bruce Levine's Horrible Journalism would be great.

Lip Man 1
04-11-2005, 08:52 PM
According to the Tribune game recap they said Walker held his ground rather then not try to get the DP. If Walker bailed, his legs wouldn't have been locked and he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Just one of those things. As for Levine F' him.

Lip

Palehose13
04-11-2005, 09:02 PM
That slide was clean, and Levine is just plain wrong for saying otherwise. It was unfortunate that Walker got hurt, but Lee did his job and that was to break up a double play late in the game.

As far as Lee's 'baseball sense?", I really don't think this is the reason the sox traded Lee. The Sox were able to fill a lot of holes with Lee's 11 million dollar salary. I really think that trade will help both teams; Lee is just the kind of right side power that the Brewers need, Visciano shores up the Sox bullpen, and SPods brings speed and stolen bases.

One last thing, I really think the Chicago media has grossly exagerated the comments by Konerko and Rowand. They never said Lee and Ordonez were selfish ballplayers. They just said the current team was unselfish. I think to infer the connection here is a huge.......

:hawk

"Stretch"

Best. Post. Ever. (esp. the part about the Konerko/Rowand comments)

Banix12
04-11-2005, 10:54 PM

yeah, every article I have seen about those comments have basically quoted them and then said in the next sentence, "Now they don't mention selfish players by name but it's reasonable to assume they are Ordonez, Lee and Valentin". It's basically the news media's nature to always look for the negative in the story and to find the angle that sells paper. Still to infer the negative and print it isn't factual reporting, it's just gossip.

ChiSoxRowand
04-11-2005, 10:57 PM
I wonder if the fact that the dumbass stayed in the game the rest of the inning made the injury worse.

Irishsox1
04-11-2005, 11:25 PM
The media has been making a big thing of the Lee trade/Walker injury, because of what Ozzie said. It should teach him to keep his mouth closed about former players. Nothing good and come from telling Sox fans at Soxfest that Carlos didn't slide hard one time. Once he's off the team...outta sight, outta mind.

Of course Carlos Lee slides into the bag and blows out Todd Walkers knee and so now the Sox get dragged into this. I saw the play and Carlos slid on the bag and Walker didn't jump. All Walker's fault.

As for the Torri Hunter hit last year, Hunter moved way to far off the line to peg Burke. I thought it was a dirty play then and I still do. The Sox must of thought the same thing, because Garcia pegged him the next series, during the first inning on the first pitch.

As for Bruce Levinelive....more Cub fan propaganda. Why don't they just hire one of those monons with a cell phone at the Urinal waving in the back ground at get their opinion. It would be about the same.

popilius
04-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Say what you will about Carlos Lee's tenure as a White Sock, but the vast majority of the time when he had an opportunity to slide at the 2nd basemen to break up a DP, he did just that.

I agree. . . that's why I was baffled when he didn't go in hard during after the Torii Hunter incident. I was truly awestruck.

:gulp:

Norberto7
04-11-2005, 11:32 PM
As for Bruce Levinelive....more Cub fan propaganda. Why don't they just hire one of those monons with a cell phone at the Urinal waving in the back ground at get their opinion. It would be about the same.

Touche! :tongue:

A.T. Money
04-12-2005, 02:39 AM
I'm getting quite tired of Levine and his whinyness. His whiny, wimpy voice annoys me now more than ever.

PatK
04-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Of course, no one has mentioned that Nomar is the one that hung Walker out to dry.

There was NO WAY they were going to turn two, and he could have went for the easier out by going to third.

veeter
04-12-2005, 10:58 AM
It was a slow developing play, the toughest for any second baseman. Let's face it Walker isn't the most athletic or smooth defender. He should have felt the pressure better and got the heck out of there. The slide was clean as a whistle. It's unfortunate but that's baseball. Levine is clueless and I'm glad he's mad. He's been making me mad for years with his stupid comments.

ChiSoxRowand
04-12-2005, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=Irishsox1]
As for the Torri Hunter hit last year, Hunter moved way to far off the line to peg Burke. I thought it was a dirty play then and I still do. The Sox must of thought the same thing, because Garcia pegged him the next series, during the first inning on the first pitch.
QUOTE]

It's good that Garcia pegged his ass, but I thought Mike Jackson should have pegged him a couple of innings later when he had the chance. We were already down by 4 or 5 runs.

SOXSINCE'70
04-12-2005, 12:05 PM
I guess it's C Lee's fault that a member of Harry Tinynut's
"Todd squad" lept too late,thereby allowing the clean take
out slide.:angry: :angry:

sCrUB baseball 2005:IT'S ALL CARLOS LEE'S FAULT!!:roflmao: :roflmao:

SOXSINCE'70
04-12-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm getting quite tired of Levine and his whinyness. His whiny, wimpy voice annoys me now more than ever.

It's between LevineLine,Harry Tinynuts and SNORE disgraces
Mike North and that sCrUBbie loving bee-yotch Mike Murphy.

:chunks

Clembasbal
04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
he probely will, he did against marte and ill take lee over any cub player in a fight.

Well I agree with this, only because Farnsworth is gone. AS much as I hated that guy, who stood for all Cub fandom stupidy, he was a tough SOB...just ask Paul Wilson.

Chisox003
04-12-2005, 07:47 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050410/capt.ilbk10404102325.brewers_cubs_ilbk104.jpg

Annnnnnnd Freeze.....

Goodbye Todd Walker's knee, hello more whining from the Northside!

Get em Caballo

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
If Carlos Lee gets plunked by Carlos Zambrano and charges the mound, Lee had better plan on missing some time. Zambrano would destroy Lee. Not that I would I want to see it happen but if Lee wants to charge the mound, better to do it against Rusch or Maddux.

JB98
04-12-2005, 09:16 PM
If Carlos Lee gets plunked by Carlos Zambrano and charges the mound, Lee had better plan on missing some time. Zambrano would destroy Lee. Not that I would I want to see it happen but if Lee wants to charge the mound, better to do it against Rusch or Maddux.

I completely disagree. Judging by the 2000 brawl with Detroit, I don't think anyone should be real eager to mess with Carlos Lee.

What makes you think Zambrano can fight?

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 09:23 PM
I completely disagree. Judging by the 2000 brawl with Detroit, I don't think anyone should be real eager to mess with Carlos Lee.

Aside from the fact he is 6'5, 255, runs like a deer, is as strong as a bull and is a completely wired, nothing. :cool:

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 09:26 PM

No one thought former Cub Kyle Farnsworth could fight either. Farnsworth and Zambrano would be a good match. Farnsworth would whip Lee as well.

JB98
04-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Aside from the fact he is 6'5, 255, runs like a deer, is as strong as a bull and is a completely wired, nothing. :cool:

Carlos Lee is 6-3, 240.

Just because you're big doesn't mean you can fight.

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Carlos Lee is 6-3, 240.

Just because you're big doesn't mean you can fight.

True. Still, Lee would do well to avoid Zambrano. Just my opinion.

shoota
04-12-2005, 09:37 PM
If Carlos Lee gets plunked by Carlos Zambrano and charges the mound, Lee had better plan on missing some time. Zambrano would destroy Lee.

Yes, Carlos Lee will plan on missing some time--but he'll miss it because he's suspended, not because Zambrano put him on the DL.

:dtroll:

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Yes, Carlos Lee will plan on missing some time--but he'll miss it because he's suspended, not because Zambrano put him on the DL.

Who said DL? I just said he would need some time off to recoup from his beating. My opinion, Zambrano would whip his ass. Again, just my opinion.

JB98
04-12-2005, 09:40 PM

IIRC, it was also your opinion that Buerhle would be out until "at least the All-Star break" after news of his foot injury became public during spring training.

:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 09:44 PM
IIRC, it was also your opinion that Buerhle would be out until "at least the All-Star break" after news of his foot injury became public during spring training.

:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

What does that have to do with a fight between Zambrano and Lee. Last I checked, Lee was a Brewer. Why are you so thin skinned about my opinion?

shoota
04-12-2005, 09:50 PM
What dooes that have to do with a fight between Zambrano and Lee.

Nothing to do with a hypothetical fight, and everything to do with you being a :dtroll:,:dtroll:.

Clement's beard
04-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Nothing to do with a hypothetical fight, and everything to do with you being a :dtroll:,:dtroll:.

Carlos Lee will have his chance to show how "tough" he is when the Cubs and Brewers go at it again. He will get drilled and we'll see how he responds.

DrCrawdad
04-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Carlos Lee will have his chance to show how "tough" he is when the Cubs and Brewers go at it again. He will get drilled and we'll see how he responds.

Waiting for your answer... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1505)

JB98
04-12-2005, 10:24 PM
What dooes that have to do with a fight between Zambrano and Lee. Last I checked, Lee was a Brewer. Why are you so thin skinned about my opinion?

All I'm saying is, I take your opinion with a grain of salt because you are a Cubbie troll.

Dick Allen
04-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Who said DL? I just said he would need some time off to recoup from his beating. My opinion, Zambrano would whip his ass. Again, just my opinion.Zambrano would be too busy looking up in the sky and pointing at who knows what. My opinion is that your opinion is a bunch of horse manure, troll.